Mars conjunct Neptune

sigma

1. Can be very charismatic
2. People will listen and take orders from them
3. Can suffer from bad drug reactions
4. While they can be deceptive, they also may act in secrecy or their movements are surrounded with mystery.
5. Good aspect for actors as it throws glamor around oneself and makes them rather appealing to the public as someone lovable.
6. Good aspect for a professional artist or someone who deals with art in some way.

does mars square neptune confer the same characteristic, especially the charismatic attribute ?

Claire19

So we're thinking the consensus is for 6) Neptune throws acid onto Mars, making him melt?

Listlessness, foggyness. John Lennon and Bill Clinton had/have this aspect. Loverats? Maybe people who could say no if they wanted to, but don't see any reason not to? Not victims, but apathetic participants?

When in Capricorn do you think Mars might dominate a little more, especially with Saturn in its own sign and Uranus, both hovering within 5 to 6 degrees.

I have a Venus Pluto conjunct so am trying to understand my 'opposite' as it were, especially as I encounter quite a few. Also alot of people I know have Cancer Venus' opposite their Capricorn Saturn Uranus Neptune conjunctions. I don't ask :\
I think Mars in Capricorn would be the worker, spends energy constructively and with a eye to endurance.

Last edited:

Claire19

does mars square neptune confer the same characteristic, especially the charismatic attribute ?
I believe it could. THere would be more stress attached and perhaps not handling it well. However the squares give us strength and allow us to progress. It is also the addiction aspect and sexuality identity issues.
A fear of surrendering to the sexual act or wanting to enhance the experience with drugs. It depends on other aspects to it and where.

Claire19

Hey!!! you want to own that wide conjunction so be it. I think you are entranced with the whole thing.:happy: :wink:Would you be so quick to own a wide Pluto opposite Mars??????I wonder.......

I have Saturn sextiling my Mars Nep conjunction and I believe that gives me the discipline and caution that I would not otherwise have. It has stopped me being a total slut you could say.:biggrin:hee hee......It is like the Capricorn influence.

DevilshAngel

so how do you look??? Is it an exact conjunction? What other aspects are made with it?
It's 0.07 pretty darn close. How do I look? Not sure :joyful: I think the Neptune takes away any strong looking qualities, I'm rather weak.
My Mars is also conjunct Uranus 5, Saturn 7, and Venus 8 but thats kinda wide, no?

Also it is at the end of my 1st house, I've read at you count the end of a house as the next? I don't know I feel like it's in my first. What would be the point of cusp lines then?

Claire19

I just remembered John Lennon has this conjunction but placed in Libra so the conjunction was Venus ruled he was a peace activist, artist, singer, dabbled in drugs etc. A Saturn ruled conjunction wants to contribute something tangible to the world.
Interesting. It has been said that John Lennon had great charisma in person but he was not my favourite and with Aries rising he apparently had a temper. I have Venus conjunct the Mars Nep in Libra and I love to sing, paint and generally artistic too. Love dancing in particular. Music plays a very large part in my life. Could say it is an addiction......:happy:

Last edited:

Claire19

i would like this topic turn into a complete mars square neptune topic !:sideways:
Yes I think this square would be difficult to handle. There can be largely sub conscious elements that need to be recognised and therefore handled properly. ....

Last edited:

Claire19

It's 0.07 pretty darn close. How do I look? Not sure :joyful: I think the Neptune takes away any strong looking qualities, I'm rather weak.
My Mars is also conjunct Uranus 5, Saturn 7, and Venus 8 but thats kinda wide, no?

Also it is at the end of my 1st house, I've read at you count the end of a house as the next? I don't know I feel like it's in my first. What would be the point of cusp lines then?
Man that is close!!

I dont adhere to the premise that planets close to another house cusp necessarily influence that house that is on the next cusp. If it is within minutes or one degree then maybe...... If there is a link with the planets by aspect from the 1st house to the 2nd, then maybe..
Some people use both houses and you have to discern what may work for you. We are usually talking about two different signs too. I dont believe in cusp Sun signs either. We can only be in one sign at a time even if it is 0 degrees or 29 degrees....

Neptune softens what it touches and diffuses it also gives less discrimination. I have it as my ruler conjunct Mars and I am rounded and feminine looking but with strong Mars limbs and tendency to high colour. Although my hair is dark there is red colouring running under it.. Bill Clinton has Mars Nep in Libra in 1st house and has rosacea, is charming and graceful and a great lover of music. THere are other less attractive scenarios with him but wont go into that here. We have exactly the same colouring and I have even met him. Is it the twin thing??????

Last edited:

DevilshAngel

Man that is close!!

I dont adhere to the premise that planets close to another house cusp necessarily influence that house that is on the next cusp. If it is within minutes or one degree then maybe...... If there is a link with the planets by aspect from the 1st house to the 2nd, then maybe..
Some people use both houses and you have to discern what may work for you. We are usually talking about two different signs too. I dont believe in cusp Sun signs either. We can only be in one sign at a time even if it is 0 degrees or 29 degrees....
Neither do I. I agree with connections to the next house, that's how I would see it, but I don't have lots of experience to say which is right. They are connected by with wide orbs, I have more connections in my first.
Neptune softens what it touches and diffuses it. I have it as my ruler conjunct Mars and I am rounded and feminine looking but with strong Mars limbs and tendency to rosy cheeks. Bill Clinton has Mars Nep in Libra in 1st house and has rosea, is charming and graceful and a great lover of music. THere are scenarios with him but wont go into that here.
I don't know if I'm seen as graceful, I think my Uranus may mix that up a bit, because I can be quite clumsy :whistling: My ASC is Sag, I can see that, not sure how the planets affect me though, I have long limbs and big hip bones. I feel like my skin is very sensitive, could that be a Neptune influence? I also heard that Neptune can make sensitive eyes, my eyes are sensitive to light and can water easily. Definitely a music lover, it takes me away :joyful: I think we can figure out the Clinton scenarios you speak of :wink:

Also, how this aspect is suppose to make you dreamy and the infmaous Venus conjunct Mars make you sexy.....does it matter what houses they are in? No matter where will they give you those qualities? Or will the house just depend on how obvious it is or where it comes out?

Claire19

Actually, this is quite unlikely, as Neptune, even in its supposed 'inaction' and mellowness, is the stronger of the two. Maybe this is the Neptune veil or fog that does not let one see its real power. A conjunction is considered to be the strongest of all aspects in which a fusion, or a complete mixing of energies takes place, and, in the Mars-Nep conjunction, the Neptunian energy dominates. Whilst inner planets have more closely felt, day-to-day, and seemingly direct effects as fast-moving planets; the outers have more long-term, usually irreversible and stronger effects, which usually take time to fully manifest themselves. Neptune has the power to dissolve a lot of that Mars energy, gusto, power to act and agressiveness. It can shroud Mars in its veil of confusion and fog, put its fire out to a large extent, and thereby decapactitate it in a way that Mars cannot act in its full force. This way, it can make Mars quite submissive. Thus, a person with this aspect can feel quite 'lame' and listless, and without energy, drive and the will to put thoughts/plans into action as opposed to a person without this aspect, and a more 'free' Mars, so to speak. A Mars-conj-Nep person can next-to-never be as agressive, overflowing-with-energy-and-passion a person as one without a Nep-Mars aspect. This I have studied often in charts and real life.

:)aquarius7000
Neptune as water element can anniliate Mars fire and even wear down rock. Fire can only heat water to steam. Neptune may be seen as weak but it is not necessarily so. It is simply subtle and transcendent.

Claire19

Neither do I. I agree with connections to the next house, that's how I would see it, but I don't have lots of experience to say which is right. They are connected by with wide orbs, I have more connections in my first.

I don't know if I'm seen as graceful, I think my Uranus may mix that up a bit, because I can be quite clumsy :whistling: My ASC is Sag, I can see that, not sure how the planets affect me though, I have long limbs and big hip bones. I feel like my skin is very sensitive, could that be a Neptune influence? I also heard that Neptune can make sensitive eyes, my eyes are sensitive to light and can water easily. Definitely a music lover, it takes me away :joyful: I think we can figure out the Clinton scenarios you speak of :wink:

Also, how this aspect is suppose to make you dreamy and the infmaous Venus conjunct Mars make you sexy.....does it matter what houses they are in? No matter where will they give you those qualities? Or will the house just depend on how obvious it is or where it comes out?
Yes and then there are some other scenarios with Clinton but I know which ones you are referring to..:wink: I can guess. What he is notorious for.....

I have Venus conjunct Mars in Libra 8th house. I think that it gives more chance of love and sex together in experience.....timing is good and attract refined, attractive, musical people who have good taste is my experience. Attracts gifts from others. With Neptune in that mix danger of the rescuer/victim complex which I became aware of and then no longer was drawn to that in people. It is not healthy or satisfactory ultimately. Also disappointment and disillusionment with sex can lead to chosen celibacy.....

The houses do make a difference and Venus Mars Neptune in the 2nd house for instance is our money, values and how we earn what we need for material security. WHat we spend our personal money on and what we accumulate materially.

Sagittarius rules our thighs and hips and usually Sag rising have well shaped legs, sort of coltish. Areas of weakness can be shown there too.....What your Jupiter is doing gives a fuller picture. It is a prime indicator all things being equal, of a long life.

I think that with Pisce or Neptune rising there is no real barrier against the outside world and can cause great vulnerability to those influences out there....a deliberate wall or aura of protection is needed. As I am Pisces rising I can cry very easily and light eyes which often comes with this, will give a greater sensitivity to glare for instance.

Last edited:

dhundhun

I'm thinking particularly in Capricorn.

Alot of people I know are of the 1988-1990 era, when Saturn Uranus and Neptune were all in Capricorn. I have several charts where Mars is conjunct Neptune, but is widely conjunct the other planets too.

I was wondering what people's experiences are with Mars conjunct Neptune. I don't know my subjects well, but here are some observations:

1) Might have masculinity issues- the image of masculinity is overly important, even though they retain an ethereal and slightly feminine aura. Contrast to a Venus Pluto conjunction.
2) Sexuality issues- linked to 1
3) Cannot say no, esaily swayed
4) Deceptive
5) Mars beats down Neptune into a pulp. Neptune dies, Mars wins. These people are Neptoon-less.
6) Neptune throws acid on Mars. Mars screams and melts. Neptune wins, and these people have no drive, or passion.

Mars is exalted in Capricorn, whereas Neptune is supposed to be debilitated.

Much depends on in which house these two planets are, but as a general indication such people has to find their way (for example career) through chaos and deceptive world.

Neptune has been in in Capricorn starting 1984 and until 2000. During these years mars moved throuch Capricorn several times. But mostly affected people will be 1986 born, when Mars bacame stationary in Capricorn.

Last edited:

R4VEN

Hush10 said:
I suppose it's a sort of 'inverted projection' that takes place - you may influence others subliminally or unconsciously to behave towards you in the way in which you want them to. This is great if, say, you like someone but you're too timid to articulate it, or act on how you feel. :wink:
I'll again refer to the above quote by Hush10 from post #16, because I think there is a lot in it which is very true for this conjunction and how it affects people, especially when in relationship.

I live with my adult son. I have Mars-Neptune (closely, less than 1 degree) conjunct in Libra in 9th, both conj my MC. My son has Mars also in Libra, in the 12th house. His Mars forms the apex of a yod. He and I are forever unconsciously projecting our shadow selves on to one another. It is common for one or other of us to get really unhappy with the other over something-or-other, and there are times when the air between us is very dark indeed. Whenever I find myself thinking: Why doesn't he do `x'? or I really wish he were more `y', then my answer must be to see my projection on him as something I am deeply unhappy about in myself.

We are both very, very sensitive to the thoughts and feelings of the other, so sometimes I have no idea if my feelings are his or my own. This is where Mars-Neptune conjunct is very difficult to live with.

Claire19

I'll again refer to the above quote by Hush10 from post #16, because I think there is a lot in it which is very true for this conjunction and how it affects people, especially when in relationship.

I live with my adult son. I have Mars-Neptune (closely, less than 1 degree) conjunct in Libra in 9th, both conj my MC. My son has Mars also in Libra, in the 12th house. His Mars forms the apex of a yod. He and I are forever unconsciously projecting our shadow selves on to one another. It is common for one or other of us to get really unhappy with the other over something-or-other, and there are times when the air between us is very dark indeed. Whenever I find myself thinking: Why doesn't he do `x'? or I really wish he were more `y', then my answer must be to see my projection on him as something I am deeply unhappy about in myself.

We are both very, very sensitive to the thoughts and feelings of the other, so sometimes I have no idea if my feelings are his or my own. This is where Mars-Neptune conjunct is very difficult to live with.
I agree with the sensitivity issues and it is a psychic aspect also one for projection in a huge way, either to or from others.

Claire19

Perfectly put claire. This is a good explanation of my mars-neptune connection.

Btw, to everyone who keeps telling me that my orb is too great, I don't care. A lot of astrologers have told me it works, and I'm a professional astrologer too.

It works for me.

Stop telling me otherwise.

Skillcoil, I have dated a girl who had a mars-neptune conjunction. It was bad news bears. She really taught me a lot about myself, but all in all, we ended up deceiving each other through our selves.

Sounds pretty on target, huh?

Regardless of MY aspect, mars and neptune is all about manifestation. Most mars neptunian characters have the ability to attract, as well as repulse. They simply have an impulse, and it affects the entire universe.

That's the aries pisces relationship.

Think about being angry and the wind blowing. Or missing your ex girlfriend, and she gives you a call.

Simpleton stuff like that, but emphasized with any mars aspects to a water planet.
That it is a powerful aspect there is no doubt. It is the Pisces Aries thing, yin and yang......together. Very prone to fevers and infections I have found.

Mars Neptune in Libra the 1st.
Father drowns when child is in utero, due to speeding car that overturns in ditch and at night. Hence absent from birth and invisible......Known to be very attractive.......The father figure who adopted this person was alcoholic and violent.

Last edited:

R4VEN

mars and neptune is all about manifestation. Most mars neptunian characters have the ability to attract, as well as repulse. They simply have an impulse, and it affects the entire universe.

That's the aries pisces relationship.

Think about being angry and the wind blowing. Or missing your ex girlfriend, and she gives you a call.

Simpleton stuff like that, but emphasized with any mars aspects to a water planet.
That's a really interesting analysis, gregory33ad, and well expressed, too.

I have been told by a respected astrologer that it is all my Scorpio which allows me to `manifest' the realities I attract to myself, but I like the descriptions you give which relate to Mars-Neptune. - the Aries-Pisces combination is very, very powerful. I tend to attract struggle, because this is familiar to me, and I handle struggle really well.:joyful:
[It's also totally self-defeating that I keep doing it :crying::crying:]

Claire19

An older cousin of mine has Mars in Sagittarius rx conjunct Neptune in Scorpio rx in the 8th house. She gets along well with others, and I'm not sure if she has sex appeal, but her worry over having a family might prevent her from positively using this conjunction.

She tried to be the "fun cousin" but also "serious and strict" towards me. What concerned me was that twice she had me steal something. Once when I was a kid, she told me to grab a soda from a refrigerator in a store and that it was fine for me to drink it indoors, then we would pay later. We were in another country so I thought the rules were different, once we got near the counter, she said "quickly, throw it away!", I was like "what?" and I threw it out. I can't remember if she bought something else, I was confused. When I later tried to discuss this with her, she seemed shocked and in disbelief, she thought I was joking and said it never happened.

I wonder how those with Mars/Neptune aspects interact wiith others who also have Mars/Neptune aspects.

I have Mars in Aries rx 1st house square Neptune in Capricorn 11th house. I don't think I'm alluring, and I'm not photogenic, I rarely take pictures. I either look better or worse, different from how I really look. Actually I knew someone else who had Mars square Neptune as well. We were considered losers in high school, (both also have Venus in the 7th house, as if that makes sense). I think once we dated, a few people realized how attractive he was and began to compliment him. It might have been his friendly attitude towards them as well though.

If Mars/Neptune contacts, especially the conjunction are alluring, would it be something that comes naturally or based on how you perceive/project yourself?
In your cousin's case in different signs it is a dissociate conjunction and therefore weaker. It may be out of orb. What degree???

Your Mars square Neptune swayed you to go along with the theft and it is a difficult aspect that needs to be handled carefully. You were hoodwinked into it shall we say and you need to watch being persuaded for ill. It is the conjunctions and the easier aspects that make for glamour and attraction.

Last edited: