how to read a chart? help us the beginners

burlinvermon

i understand but i don't know if i should read the traditional rulers(ie, venus(not a significator) trines the quesited) or asteroids, arabic parts,outher planets and quincunxes, sesquiquadrates and semisextiles

Sometimes using the house rulers doesn’t give you a very good description of the person you are asking about. In this case, use traditional rulers instead, and see if they ‘fit’ better:

Sun: men in the prime of their lives (say, late 20s – mid 40s); husbands

Saturn: older men; father figures; older people in general

The Moon: women; wives; young people

Venus: girlfriends, usually; wives, sometimes; lovers
how do you use traditional rulers which i quoted (archergirl post) in horary?

can someone explain how to use asteroids, arabic parts,outher planets and quincunxes, sesquiquadrates and semisextiles in horary?

We don't use them in horary.

i thought you can use them and read that astrologers used them, don't they?

why do you not read all of the aspects?

Again, this question makes me wonder if you have read a basic book on horary. We can't use all the aspects in horary because they deny perfection of the matter or impedite the matter. Then again they can perfect using translation or collection of light, etc. Depends.

the other aspects don't mean anything?

Neptune Rising

i understand but i don't know if i should read the traditional rulers(ie, venus(not a significator) trines the quesited) or asteroids, arabic parts,outher planets and quincunxes, sesquiquadrates and semisextiles - the other aspects don't mean anything?

If you are learning horary, it is best to stick to traditional aspects, namely trine, square, oppositon, conjunction, sextile. I am sure the articles explain these in more detail. The only arabic part I used is Part of Fortune, again the articles will go into detail what that one entails. Anything else, it may be best to leave it out until you are comfortable with what you are doing. Then, if you wish, you can add other bits and pieces, or not. Some astrologers use other arabic parts, while other astrologers don't. That is where it becomes an art that is unique to you. Your own style will gradually develop. As with learning any new thing, you have to approach it somewhat logically and in some sort of order, from there and with time, things start to flow with your own energy. This is where you need to start researching your own and other threads.

how do you use traditional rulers which i quoted (archergirl post) in horary?

There is not a set way of explaining "how". Each and every chart is individual. Again, research your own and other peoples charts. You are not going to get a straight answer to this "how" question because there is no set way "how" to use the rulers. It depends on the question, depends on the chart, depends on what they are ruling.

i thought you can use them and read that astrologers used them, don't they?

Usually, people don't use the asteroids in horary.

MaeMae

Banned
you want all the answers with none of the study.
sad for you.
guess what?
all who practice horary seriously are willing to put in the gut and study.
"feed a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime."
not many here willing to teach a man to fish for a day.
why don't you just look at an horary chary and tell US how you read it? as you know it.
i think you want mc gyver horary, otherwise.

burlinvermon

thanks. venus(traditional ruler for relationships) is applying to the quesited in a relationship question,will they be in a relationship? the querent and quesited
venus is 4th house ruler in the horary chart

do people use outer planets and quincunxes, sesquiquadrates and semisextiles in horary?

in a relationship horary question,querent significator conjunct mars(10th house ruler) then sextiles quesited significator, will they be in a relationship or
the other aspects after conjunct mars don't mean anything?

MaeMae

Banned
everyone reads an horary chary with the undersyanding they know.
i use outer planets. others don't. some use mitigated aspects. some pay close attention to face and reception.
the choice is yours.
follow fensi, tikana, miss kitty, anachiel and sagcap moon.
students and teachers at their levels. their techniques vary.
importance is UNDERSTANDING planetary energies, positions and house rulerships.
you can regurge wrtten learning or choose to adapt to your own understanding, intuitively, to the chart. it differs for everyone.
you've taken a stab at doing that? good for you.
if you are eager to learn, with your voracious curiousity, then you must employ patience of trial and error.
Ultimately, gut intuitive knowledge reads configurations in chart. nuances, subtlties and subtext.
all the hidden breadcrumbs leaDing you to answer must past litmus test of horary study and practice.

MaeMae

Banned
venus applying to quesited and ruling 4th house ofvquesited or querant means no go. End of matter.
If pluto on / in 4th applies/allies with jupiter, 2nd chance, rebirth possible.
Watch moon.
moon tells all changes in horary.
If moon applies to saturn, double done deal. if moon applies to uranus, anything could change.
moon separation from planetary aspect is kwy. what has occurred.
in deathful houses (8th - masochism), (12th delusion) (4th ~ death of interest)
Move On!
Venus always shows where quer/ques heart lies ( not solar heart)
sun is where each regains power ~ in good relation to pluto ~ immense.
debilitated? you're ratfu*ked.
same with saturn unless moon is saturn friendly or recepted.

Neptune Rising

in a relationship horary question,querent significator conjunct mars(10th house ruler) then sextiles quesited significator, will they be in a relationship or the other aspects after conjunct mars don't mean anything?

burlinvermon, I am not sure you are taking in the information posted in this thread? Or if you are looking for a specific answer that somehow I have misunderstood? There are no SET answers, each and every chart is different and you need to look into each and every individual chart in order to learn. If in one chart, the significators meet and that means something, it wont necessarily mean the same thing in the next chart. Every chart is different. You need to look at the significators, dignities, houses they are in, aspects made in the past and those forthcoming, last aspect ect. Just like there are no 2 days when the planets will be in exactly the same place in the sky, there will be no two charts exactly the same.

do people use outer planets and quincunxes, sesquiquadrates and semisextiles in horary?

I answered this in my previous post, please read that post. I will expand, some do, others don't. Traditionally, we dont use the other planets, which is everything outside of Saturn. As I mentioned, traditionally, trines, sextiles, oppositons, conjunctions and squares are the aspects used in horary. These are the ones you will find most information on. Google is great source of information on anything, just keep reading and you will pick it up. Give it time.

thanks. venus(traditional ruler for relationships) is applying to the quesited in a relationship question,will they be in a relationship? the querent and quesited
venus is 4th house ruler in the horary chart

Post the chart in the relevant section, try to interpret it, wait for other people to respond, dont PM them. Then learn what you can from the outcome and the different interpretations.

Last edited:

burlinvermon

venus applying to quesited and ruling 4th house ofvquesited or querant means no go. End of matter.
If pluto on / in 4th applies/allies with jupiter, 2nd chance, rebirth possible.
Watch moon.
moon tells all changes in horary.
If moon applies to saturn, double done deal. if moon applies to uranus, anything could change.
moon separation from planetary aspect is kwy. what has occurred.
in deathful houses (8th - masochism), (12th delusion) (4th ~ death of interest)
Move On!
Venus always shows where quer/ques heart lies ( not solar heart)
sun is where each regains power ~ in good relation to pluto ~ immense.
debilitated? you're ratfu*ked.
same with saturn unless moon is saturn friendly or recepted.
do you use quincunxes, sesquiquadrates and semisextiles in horary

if venus(traditional ruler for relationships) applying to the quesited or querent and ruling 3rd or 11th, will they be in a relationship? no aspect between the querent and quesited

or the querent and quesited are applying (sextile) but the moon is in 6th, 8th or 12th or in capricorn, scorpio and serparating from the quesited, will they be in a relationship?

or the querent and quesited are applying (trine) but the moon is VOC, will they be in a relationship?

thanks maemae and neptune

giacinto

when moon is voc means nothing will come even there is a sextile between significators????i asked if i will past the exams in Sep. but the chart is 2 degrees.....?can i ask again in one month?

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
burlinvermon said:
do you use quincunxes, sesquiquadrates and semisextiles in horary

No.

if venus(traditional ruler for relationships) applying to the quesited or querent and ruling 3rd or 11th, will they be in a relationship? no aspect between the querent and quesited

Probably not. Natural significators don't typically have the power to manifest outcomes, they symbolize something.

or the querent and quesited are applying (sextile) but the moon is in 6th, 8th or 12th or in capricorn, scorpio and serparating from the quesited, will they be in a relationship?

This is one of those iffy ones. Need to take into consideration the reception between the significators, but debilitated Moon ususally denies the outcome or makes it difficult to obtain.

or the querent and quesited are applying (trine) but the moon is VOC, will they be in a relationship?

This is a maybe. Void Moon means the matter can come, but through much difficulty. Usually so much difficulty that you wish you had never started the endeavor to begin with. It's usually best to just try to avoid those situations unless you really want them.

Aquarius358

Senshi is absolutely correct -
- see Lilly's CA Chapter XVIII - p101 - 128

but ... there's always a 'but' ... a VOC Moon is able to act if it is in certain signs - Pisces is one.

Other planets can be VOC too - and it can also mean nothing will come of the matter (if that VOC planet is a main signifier.) The Moon is usually the one planet most considered because, in horary, she mostly signifies 'action.'

It always depends on what's happening in the chart and - most importantly - what the question is. In a question about a specific fear of something happening, a VOC Moon could indicate that the feared thing may not happen - which is a positive for the querent -
For example: if someone asks if someone else will sue them, with the Moon VOC or the quesited's signifier VOC, it's likely they won't sue : 'nothing will happen.' [Note that I said 'it's likely' - not definite until the judgment of the specific chart is made. If there's no aspect by the alleged 'open enemy' to the querent, then that would be indicative of the same 'nothing happening' outcome - but if 7 ruler was in 1 ruler's House, the ASC, then there could be a threat ... ]

There are many refinements and qualifications that apply to every aphorism or 'rule' - nothing is ever just black and white and the posters here are absolutely correct: you must study different charts. Make your judgment. Post it. See what the outcome is. And do this for many, many years! _____

Last edited:

SagiCap

Does anyone know why Moon VOC is somewhat operable in certain signs? Taurus (that one I can understand, it's exalted) but also Pisces, etc? What's the logic?

rafaella

Does anyone know why Moon VOC is somewhat operable in certain signs? Taurus (that one I can understand, it's exalted) but also Pisces, etc? What's the logic?

Moon acts differently when in Taurus, Sagitarrius, Pisces and Cancer. The Moon's own sign and exaltation sign and also Jupiter's two signs, as Jupiter is the greater benefic. According to Bonatus, if Moon is in any of these signs and be Void, it signifies good in the matter. Which I can actually confirm - I asked about a co-worker, if he would be able to change roster for me and take my shift. The Moon was void in Taurus and had already passed the conjucntion to Jupiter (ruler of co-worker) The outcome was still positive.

rafaella

Burlinvermon,

You can't keep on asking people how to read charts? So many have replied to you, yet you don't get it...its an ART. Takes time, patience and effort to learn, just like it would to play piano or learn maths...

You need to know the rules, and if you have read the books, they should already tell you what the rules are. You can also go to skyscript website and read more... If you still confused, well welcome to horary...this is how it all starts!
Learn by studying the charts here, post your own interpretations, its trial and error my friend. It may take you years before you can accurately predict an outcome.

I can give you tips: you need to find significator of the querent. You look at ASC. What sign is rising? Lets say its 23 degree Pisces. In that case its Jupiter. Then you look at where is Jupiter, lets say its in 5th house. If its a relationship question, you look at 7th ruler, Virgo would be 7th ruler - Mercury. Where is Mercury and is there aspect with Jupiter? It has to be a Trine, sextile, opposition or a conjucntion. Any other aspects are not considered in traditional horary. A quincunx might indicate adjustments needed to be amde between the people signified by the significators. Jupiter in Taurus and Mercury is Aries do not make an aspect. So no action. You can look at dignity, go here to to tables of essential dignities http://www.skyscript.co.uk/essential_dignities.html

Lets say Jupiter is in 21 degree Taurus and its a night chart. Look at the above table, find Taurus, you'll see Venus rules the sign, Moon is exalted in Taurus,Moon rules the sign triplicity by night, and at 21 degree - Jupiter rules it by term. That would mean Jupiter has dignity and has strenght to act. Does it like Mercury . It seems no. (I use Frawley receptions) Jupiter is not in any of the dignities of Mercruy.

Then you have to do the same for Mercury. Mercury in Aries, find aries in the chart and look at which degree Mercury is. Lets say Mercury is at 3 degrees Aries, wow, it seems Mercury really likes Jupiter, its in triplicity of and term of Jupiter (night chart)...

If you have started studying Lilly, I'd just continue with Lilly's rules of receptions :)

You also need to look at Moon, what is Moon doing? If Moon is in Capricorn, things will hardly work out. Why? Look at the table again, in Capricorn Moon is in really bad shape being in detriment. Also what aspects does Moon make...etc..

But as suggested by everyone, study and read charts, that is the only way to learn!

Last edited:

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member

Basically the idea is that the Moon's path is not as impeded when she's in the Signs of the benefics Jupiter and Venus. This gives us Taurus (domicile of Venus), Cancer (Exaltation of Jupiter), Sagittarius (domicile of Jupiter), and Pisces (domicile of Jupiter/exaltation of Venus). You'll notice that Libra isn't one of those signs despite being the domicile of Venus, this is for two reasons: 1) Venus prefers Taurus to Libra 2) Libra is in Square to Cancer

SagiCap

Rafaella and Kaouisei,

Your two answers together have cleared up something I've been meaning to ask for s while. Finally understood. Thank you very much.