What happens when you don't have any planets in the 7th house?

Saturnian

Does it have any effect on your relations or in marriage.
I know some planets are supposed to be good in the 7th house and other cause confusion.
But what if you have no planets in it?Will it be hard to commit or get into a relationship?Cause I have no idea and would like to know.

Vista

I know some planets are supposed to be good in the 7th house and other cause confusion.
But what if you have no planets in it?Will it be hard to commit or get into a relationship?Cause I have no idea and would like to know.

It just means that house is not a big focus in this life. Look to the ruler of the 7th house and see how it's aspected to get an idea how easily relationships come to. If it's in good aspect to Saturn, then long-term relationships will appeal, if it's adversely aspected lets say by Uranus, then short term, erratic relationships will be a theme. You also might be attracted to unavailable people. If you have all easy aspects to the ruler, this suggest harmonious relationships; all challenging, then problems in relationships; if divided with both positive and challenging then it will be mixed.
The 5th house and planets inside can bring people to you to date, but the 7th house is the house of marriage.

Saturnian

It just means that house is not a big focus in this life. Look to the ruler of the 7th house and see how it's aspected to get an idea how easily relationships come to. If it's in good aspect to Saturn, then long-term relationships will appeal, if it's adversely aspected lets say by Uranus, then short term, erratic relationships will be a theme. You also might be attracted to unavailable people. If you have all easy aspects to the ruler, this suggest harmonious relationships; all challenging, then problems in relationships; if divided with both positive and challenging then it will be mixed.
The 5th house and planets inside can bring people to you to date, but the 7th house is the house of marriage.
I have 7th house in Cancer and my Moon is in Scorpio in the 10th.Sextile Sun/Venus/Mars/Neptune/Uranus and conjunct Jupiter.

Well my 5th house is in Gemini and I have Mercury with good aspects and in the first house.
As for the 8th,I have Leo and the Sun too has nice aspects,I guess.It's also in the 1st.

Claire19

I agree, very well said.
:smile:

Claire19

i have the sun and venus there both in taurus. i remember someone on here mentioned that people with planets in the 7th house tend to put more pressure on their partners perhaps because they expect a lot or something. so maybe it's a good thing not to have planets there dunno. not sure if it's true though.
Sun Venus in Taurus is very materially oriented and wants stability and can be very loyal, down to earth and sensual but can be rather routine bound and focus too much on the financial assets. I dont agree with the pressure thing necessarily but major life focus will be others such as one to one of consultancy, mediation, general public and customer serivice as well as legalities and negotiation. Finances are featured strongly as well as other material values.

MelissaM

On Rose Murray "When planets promise love" book, I read that the sign in the seventh house cusp describes a lot about the traits of the person who will commit to you in marriage or as a business partner. I will write you down what the book states about people who have cancer in their seventh house cusp:

Cancer/Moon: If the sign cancer or the moon are partner indicators in your chart, you could attract someone who is nurturing, romantic, deeply sensitive, moody, home-loving, protective, domestic, receptive, impressionable, and sympathetic. If this planet or sign is negatively aspected in your chart (by a square or opposition), this person might be easily hurt, maudlin, and their feelings might fluctuate like the moon. This person have been born under one of the water signs: Cancer, scorpio, or pisces - have Cancer rising or moon in their first house, or be very much interested in food, cooking, and feeding others, and be generally sensitive to public needs. They may be engaged in an occupation that serves others in some nurturing way.

I am a libra sun person and capricorn rising... cancer the sign in my seventh house cusp is square to my sun sign and opposite to my capricorn rising sign but trine to my scorpio moon sign... my moon doesnt make any hard aspects to my love planets not even to my outer planets as saturn or uranus. Anyways, around all of life, I have been attracted to people whose sign fall in my 5th house and until now, I didnt settle down for marriage. I know that if I marry a cancer, scorpio, pisces or cancer rising, or cancer moon, I will meet challenges in my marriage because the water sign doesnt work well with my very airy personality, however, deep inside, I want somebody who must have the water in them. I believe that my moon in scorpio wants that for me.

I had a lot of romantic relationships but this started when I was 22 years old, before that age, I have been in a really difficult hardship. I didnt allow myself to love anyone and I am still that way. I dont have any planets in my 7th house. I dont focus on relationships at all, I care now but what I really care about is in my career, I have a lot of planets in my MC. Lets not worry about our empty 7th house, just worry about the house that have more planets in your charts, focus on that, because our natal chart always tries to say something important to you which is to follow the path that will guide you to your destiny, not even free will can change that.

I saw people with uranus in their 7th house and saturn being the ruler of this house, these are the most challenging planets and those people have a lot of struggles in their marriage life. Glad I dont have uranus in that house :)

Saturnian

On Rose Murray "When planets promise love" book, I read that the sign in the seventh house cusp describes a lot about the traits of the person who will commit to you in marriage or as a business partner. I will write you down what the book states about people who have cancer in their seventh house cusp:

Cancer/Moon: If the sign cancer or the moon are partner indicators in your chart, you could attract someone who is nurturing, romantic, deeply sensitive, moody, home-loving, protective, domestic, receptive, impressionable, and sympathetic. If this planet or sign is negatively aspected in your chart (by a square or opposition), this person might be easily hurt, maudlin, and their feelings might fluctuate like the moon. This person have been born under one of the water signs: Cancer, scorpio, or pisces - have Cancer rising or moon in their first house, or be very much interested in food, cooking, and feeding others, and be generally sensitive to public needs. They may be engaged in an occupation that serves others in some nurturing way.

I am a libra sun person and capricorn rising... cancer the sign in my seventh house cusp is square to my sun sign and opposite to my capricorn rising sign but trine to my scorpio moon sign... my moon doesnt make any hard aspects to my love planets not even to my outer planets as saturn or uranus. Anyways, around all of life, I have been attracted to people whose sign fall in my 5th house and until now, I didnt settle down for marriage. I know that if I marry a cancer, scorpio, pisces or cancer rising, or cancer moon, I will meet challenges in my marriage because the water sign doesnt work well with my very airy personality, however, deep inside, I want somebody who must have the water in them. I believe that my moon in scorpio wants that for me.

I had a lot of romantic relationships but this started when I was 22 years old, before that age, I have been in a really difficult hardship. I didnt allow myself to love anyone and I am still that way. I dont have any planets in my 7th house. I dont focus on relationships at all, I care now but what I really care about is in my career, I have a lot of planets in my MC. Lets not worry about our empty 7th house, just worry about the house that have more planets in your charts, focus on that, because our natal chart always tries to say something important to you which is to follow the path that will guide you to your destiny, not even free will can change that.

I saw people with uranus in their 7th house and saturn being the ruler of this house, these are the most challenging planets and those people have a lot of struggles in their marriage life. Glad I dont have uranus in that house :)
Interesting quote from the book.My moon has no hard aspects,actually they're harmonious I would say.I have Moon sextile my Sun/my Mercury/my Venus/my Mars/my Uranus/my Neptune.Most of my planets are in my 1st house,and that belongs to one's self.Personally i would never allow myself to be indulged in ones self,although I may tend to do it at times,I think I can care for others just as much as I care about myself.It could be the Capricorn in me that feels a big responsibility for one's self BUT others too.
As for it not being focus...actually I'd say I do care a lot and always cared(no I am young),I really care about forming relationships with other people and those are part of my happiness,so I do think that a romantic relationship would suit me rather well,although i do have a need to feel as an individual too,so I believe that would make me rather hard to please and picky,but not in a bad way.I do have a hard time atm with relationships,only cause I don't let myself to go into one cause right NOW I have a different priority,but that doesn't mean that if there was to appear a chance for a relationship that interested me I would decline.NO WAY!

*Also I find your underlined sentence,rather wrong.I understand that the stars may speak some truth,or show indications about our life but I think in no way we should rely our decisions and the destiny we will choose to be affected by that.Otherwise there's no point in trying to be something better if you have no free will since your natal chart shows your destiny.I don't go by that,I am aware that maybe some events happen for a reason,but I am not a big believer on destiny.I can make decisions on my own and that's what I'll do,and anyone should do that and not let their free will be stepped on by whatever tries to control their life.
I think you've misunderstood astrology and that's one of the huge warnings when getting into it.

MelissaM

Saturnian, this is a blessing to have an empty 7th house, dont worry about it. I have the same empty 7th house and I had a lot of romantic affairs and I really feel glad that I had the experience to know them and to learn from them. My 5th house is empty too so you see, having planets in the houses that focus on oneself is beneficial and great. This doesnt mean that we are kind of selfish people that we just care about ourselves, no, I really care about others, thats why I am studying astrology and also being into psychology, because I really want to help people around but first you have to help yourself, and learn a lot in order to help others and be a good teacher. The moment comes for everybody when love knock at our doors. Cancer in the 7th house is challenging for me, because as I told you, I am a very airy person, I have libra sun in my 10th house, venus in my 10th house, saturn, almost all the important planets are in my 10th house. I know that this is a stellium. This is great to have all these planets with just 1 degree apart that are like a family making my persona and making me successful in my career and life.

The moon in scorpio wants this kind of person for our life (cancer in the 7th house). As I know cancer sun, rising, or moon sign are very family oriented, caring, nurturing, they are not very stable emotionally but they are stable about family, they also can sometimes be trustful (important for our moon in scorpio). My moon in scorpio is very picky and I am always analyzing my lovers and see if they are worth of my love. You know what I mean about it, so I know you will find someone very good for you or you already found this special person. Fate-Astrology-Free will should be discussed as an another topic because this topic is very complex and controversial. I agree with you that free will should not be disregarded in astrology, I see that westerm astrology different to vedic astrology support free will and this is good because Karma can be fixed in this lifetime. We can change the circle of karma by action (free will) but first we must be conscious (aware) of what are the negativity in our personality and transform it to a positive one, this is the purpose for this lifetime, as you can see, our natal chart tells us a lot where the karma is and how we can change this circle and take action. The majority of planets in a specific house will tell you the purpose of this lifetime... just focus on that first and then you will see that you will not have regrets on creating a family and be with that special one. I see a lot of people that they distract themselves and then they dont feel fulfilled because they thought that real happiness is love, yes love makes us happy but if you see that for instance, you want to be successful in your career or job , you should concentrate on this first because if you dont, you will feel a hole inside you and you will be blaming the "other person" for what you couldn't get. Fulfill your drives, your desires and then when you feel happy about yourself, you will be able to love the other one.

virgo18

I dont know why relationships and marriage are so important for me.
I dont have much indicators of that.
My 7th house is in Gemini, and Mercury in Libra is in the 10th. Badly aspected from Mars, Uranus, Jupiter, Neptune, and Saturn (mars in conjunction) and the all others in Square. So I have a T square in committed relationships. But the planets involved are not the most loving and passionate.

I not have any planets in the 7th house, only jupiter in the 8th which is near the 7th... in the 1st degrees of the 8th.

serafin5

Really good post; you made a lot of sense! Thanks
:biggrin:

Kannon

Plenty of people have had no 7th house planets. It has no negative effect on relationships or marriage outcomes. Planets aspecting the Asc/DC axis have just as much effect in relational energy. Your capacity for commitment is seen in Saturn and Pluto.

MaeMae

Banned
Often, ruler of 7th tells how the native initiate/establishes relationships.
What planets, if any, do you have in the sign on your Desc?
It's not a bad thing to have empty 7th house.
Often, people with 7th house planets defer to others for purpose or direction ~ catching a ride on others skateboard's or life direction. And when afflicted planets like Mars or Pluto in natal chart, can plow/upturn others in threatening ways.
libra's rulership of 7th ~ it goes either way.

venus, as a house ruler, shows where/how relationships are acted out and achieved. relationships defined, obligations, tacit agreements, give and take, balances,

geminimoon83

Not only do I not have any planets in the 7th house (Cancer), but my 7th house is intercepted. I've been married once (to a Pisces Sun, Cancer moon) and am in a great relationship now (Aquarius Sun, Pisces moon). The only issue I've had with relationships is pursuing people that I knew were wrong for me--I really had to learn the hard way, but then my Venus is opposite Neptune. No planets in 7th house? Wouldn't worry about it. :smile: