Venus- Mars conjuction in synastry.

Eliza

I have a question about Venus-Mars conjuction in synastry. I like a guy whose Mars conjuncts my Venus in Cancer and the orb is 0.21, My question is the following: Does this mean that he feels attracted to me, or that I feel attracted to him? Personally, I haven't felt more attraction in my life... But I don't know if he does.

And another question about my natal chart. My Venus is in Cancer and opposed to my Mars, which is in Capricorn. The orb is 0.15. What does this mean? Thank you for your help!

Last edited:

winterseye

hey Eliza, as I understand it, this is one of the best aspects to have in synastry for sexual attraction... I hear it's ideal the way you have it too, with the man's mars conjunct the woman's venus, although that may also depend on sign.

katydid

Eliza said:
I have a question about Venus-Mars conjuction in synastry. I like a guy whose Mars conjuncts my Venus in Cancer and the orb is 0.21, My question is the following: Does this mean that he feels attracted to me, or that I feel attracted to him? Personally, I haven't felt more attraction in my life... But I don't know if he does.

And another question about my natal chart. My Venus is in Cancer and opposed to my Mars, which is in Capricorn. The orb is 0.15. What does this mean? Thank you for your help!

Mars/venus conjunct is ideal for both of you. You would feel the masculine energy of his mars, right where you are the most feminine, and he would be highly aware of your feminine receptive side as well.

Your mars being in opposition may make you a bit high strung at times, and others may misunderstand your intentions. You may be defensive about your
feelings or emotions and that may confuse him. Just make sure he gets the message clearly that you DO like him, and make sure you do not accidentally send mixed messages that would make him think that you don't.

Eliza

Here are our natal charts. I don't know his exact birth time, though, and nor does he, so it's a dead end.... But at least we know about his planets, except the moon. I think it's in Taurus, but that's just a personal opinion! Thank you!

Attachments

• Eliza_natal.gif
    Eliza_natal.gif
    41.5 KB · Views: 37
  • natal2.gif
    natal2.gif
    41.5 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

waybread

Eliza, I don't mean to knock your socks off, but this is actually one of the better astro mach-ups I've seen. Your suns (ego campatibility) and Mercuries (communication) are squared, which isn't so harmonious, but they are definitely connected. Your moons are probably broadly sextiled, which is a great aspect for feeling "at home" with someone. Your Venus conjuncts his Mars, and your Mars sextiles his Venus, so the romantic attraction looks 2-way. Your Jupiter conjuncts his sun, which is a real feel-good aspect; although it can also mean a mentoring sort of relationship from the Jupiterian.

Just a few caveats, though; and with so little info to go on, some of them could be inapt.

1. Pisces people can be rather shy, and liable to retreat behind a defensive shell. Possibly he's been hurt before and unwilling to try again (note his Chiron conjunct moon square Mars). Consequently he may not feel ready to start a serious relationship.

2. You, on the other hand, have that very loaded 7th house, including your very strong moon in Cancer. Probably you feel most like yourself when you are in a committed relationship, even marriage. You have a very outgoing Sag ASC; and with Uranus in the first, is it possible he feels a little unsettled around you? Your Mars opposite Venus in the 8th may give you a high libido.

3. Of course, there are the usual possibilities about why even a match made in heaven won't work out. I don't know whether you know if he's: (a) gay or straight, (b) is involved a strict religion, (c) in a long-term relationship with someone else (possibly even with little kids at home), (d) he is very conservative, whereas you are very flamboyant, or (e) or whatever.

If you see a green light for #3,quite possibly you can "speak" to his chart in very subtle ways; maybe invite him to a party or out to dinner with a group of co-workers, &c.

Good luck, Eliza!

Last edited:

Eliza

Thank you very much for your help!
I know that he is straight, no kids, and no strict religion..:p
The problem is that he is not so open when we talk, he rather keeps to himself and he doen't share a lot. I don't know if he likes me, I suppose he does from the way he looks at me, but he doesn't say anything about it... I'll try to go on slow!!
Thanks once more for your analysis!!

waybread

Thanks, Eliza!

Just one more thing that occurs to me is whether your workplace has policies about employees becoming romantically involved with one another. Usually this is fine unless one supervises the other, then there's a conflict of interest. He may be wary of a workplace romance for that reason. But mostly he looks like he has super-sensitive feelings: once burned, twice shy. Sun square Neptune is not exactly a self-confidence builder.