Death of a Sibling

katydid

katydid, that sounds uber-scary!!!!! It also sounds like one's worst nightmare.

I agree that it is very Uranian in nature - the suddenness, the choosing to brake, when that was possibly the worst thing you could have done, and then managing to slide across 4 lanes of traffic.
It's the stories of surviving things like this which interest me. This seems also quite Uranian.
For instance, in the aftermath of my car accident, I found a house with the outside light on, and pulled into the house, hoping they would be welcoming. It turned out that these people remembered me from when I was a teenager (I'd been on the way to my parents' farm, but was a good 30 miles away, and over the other side of a major river system when the crash occurred) and they remembered my parents from church or something, so were very welcoming, and even asked me to visit them again to tell them how my little boy fared, as he had to have stitches in a head wound.
As Humphrey Bogart once said, (and I paraphrase): Of all the houses along that very long road, they were the ones who left their light on, almost as though they were expecting me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :w00t: It was well after 10pm by this time, and country folk are usually early to bed.
As a result of this whole experience, I'm also sure there are no such things as `accidents'.

I just checked my chart again for that night, and tr Pluto had begun to form a square with the Descendant/Asc axis, and had turned Rx 4 months earlier, but was still close enough to be within a square.

Yes, Uranus was forming a square with my asc/desc axis at the time as well. Yours was a Pluto experience, and you guys did a double roll over.
Yikes. That is Plutonian. I mean to do a few rolls like that and then recover like the phoenix, and drive yourself to safety. :alien:
And imagine if you had somehow come to the wrong house, a very unwelcoming home, that would have been horrid. So it is fitting that you found your parents church friends, like a big JUPITER welcoming you inside to bandage your wounds.

p.s.
And the weird thing about my tapping the brakes, just a split second before I did it, i heard my own voice in my head say NO, don't brake! I KNEW better.
But I was sailing down a hill and saw the water pooled up at the bottom, and panicked a bit. BUT I IGNORED MY OWN WARNING !:sideways::surprised:
So the Uranus, which by transit, was forming a grand square to my Pluto apex, took over and literally scared the shiett out of us. But just as swiftly laid us back down safely, out of harms way. :innocent:

Jupiter in Taurus in my 12th, conjunct my asc, is the ruler of my 8th. It is in mutual reception with Venus in Sag in the 7th. I seem to have nine lives. :whistling:

R4VEN

Yikes. That is Plutonian. I mean to do a few rolls like that and then recover like the phoenix, and drive yourself to safety. :alien:
When I told my friends about what happened and how I got out of it, they all said - every last one of them - "How did you manage to get in the car and drive away? I wouldn't have been able to do that." And I'd reply, "I never thought of doing otherwise. You would have done the same thing given the same circumstances."
The TV version of "The Incredible Hulk" with Bill Bixby was on TV around that time, and I can remember the first episode when the guy becomes the hulk and lifts a car off a person (his wife? can't remember the details) and I thought to myself, "That's just how I felt that night the car rolled." Strength and wisdom came from `somewhere'.
katydid said:
And imagine if you had somehow come to the wrong house, a very unwelcoming home, that would have been horrid. So it is fitting that you found your parents church friends, like a big JUPITER welcoming you inside to bandage your wounds.
Transiting Jupiter was closely conjunct Mars in my 8th house!

katydid said:
p.s.
And the weird thing about my tapping the brakes, just a split second before I did it, i heard my own voice in my head say NO, don't brake! I KNEW better.
But I was sailing down a hill and saw the water pooled up at the bottom, and panicked a bit. BUT I IGNORED MY OWN WARNING !:sideways::surprised:
So the Uranus, which by transit, was forming a grand square to my Pluto apex, took over and literally scared the shiett out of us. But just as swiftly laid us back down safely, out of harms way. :innocent:

Jupiter in Taurus in my 12th, conjunct my asc, is the ruler of my 8th. It is in mutual reception with Venus in Sag in the 7th. I seem to have nine lives. :whistling:
I like that voice in the head which actually knows better than the flawed intellect - but you were still OK despite listening to your head.

waybread

Thanks for your powerful messages, Katydid and R4ven.

I think the line between life and death is sometimes paper-thin. And that will power has a lot to do with it. And in some instances, sufficient preparation and knowledge, so that one's automatic pilot kicks in. I have been reading handbooks on wilderness survival lately, as my husband and I enjoy camping in some very remote places, and I want to improve our survival chances if something goes amiss. It seems that knowledge of some simple and practical actions, combined with the will to survive make a big difference when people get into difficulties. I think of plane captain Sully Sullenberger as an example.

I have another example, in my extended family, of women who were terminally ill, and who died the day after Christmas. It was as though they knew they were near death, but they decided to hang on through the holiday for their families' sakes.

Maybe a fatalistic and highly skilled astrologer could see this in a birth chart. Probably s/he could see that an individual had a strong will, but then sometimes it isn't enough, or the patient voluntarily decides to let go, according to some transit or other. I am not convinced that death is so deterministic.

BTW, I think sometimes a loved one's death does show up in the transits of survivors. Again, I don't think there is a single astrological signature; probably indicating that a death in the family means different things for different people. Sometimes a quincunx (150 degrees) is involved, which does indicate the need for an adjustment.

R4VEN

I am not convinced that death is so deterministic.
I agree with that, too, waybread. I have heard too many stories about people waiting until they'd seen all their children, or other family members prior to their passing.

I knew this guy who had a heart attack at 50. He survived that one, but not the next one 3 months later. His wife later told me that between heart attacks 1 & 2 he contacted everyone he hadn't seen in a while - cousins, people with whom he'd played football, aunties, old school friends - and caught up with them all. Once he was satisfied he'd `connected' with everyone, he had his 2nd heart attack, which killed him instantly. His wife said that once he'd died she recognised that at some level he `knew' that his days were numbered, but he just had some things he had to do before he was free to go.

My father spent time with each of his 4 children in the 6 weeks leading up to his death, even though 1) the 4 of us are scattered all over the country, and 2) his death was not expected.

natasa812

I believe in a kind of spiritual astrology. To me, a death moment is a birth into a new dimension, which is why charts for death moments are as diverse as charts for birth moments.

Thank you for your reply. This message is quite optimistic, I hope that there is another dimension and that he is fine there.