Passive Aggression

Rushwing

When mars or saturn meets the explosive north node.

kakasya

I have personal experience with an x partner to back up this statement with saturn mars and north node together in 12th house in aries. This person would get mad at me and disappear for hours or days (in the middle of a date or for a whole weekend) then come back and tell me how I should have known what I did wrong when they first disappeared. Very passive aggressive and I had to always wait and wonder what I did wrong?

FYI my experience with passive agressive mars ranked in order of most damaging passive aggressive to least (in my humble opinion)

That is a mars in gemini is really a tough customer to beat when they decide to be passive aggressive

Mars in gemini = two-faced, self-protective, too cool for school
Mara in leo = teasing turns into shaming in order to feel like an equal, but its all a joke after all!
Mars in Scorpio = any weapon is fair game!
Mars in libra = soft attack, won't ever be openly confrontational
Mars in cancer = emotional attack (unthinking actions later revealed for what they are)
Mars in virgo = extreme self-doubt causes pathetic jibes instead of actual confrontation

That's all for now. I know mars in cancer is not an easy placement, but most mars in cancers will cough up what they are feeling eventually in my humble estimation. As for mars in virgo, as someone with this placement, I can be passive aggressive, but not really successful at it and I prefer confrontation. :innocent:

Last edited:
I have personal experience with an x partner to back up this statement with saturn mars and north node together in 12th house in aries. This person would get mad at me and disappear for hours or days (in the middle of a date or for a whole weekend) then come back and tell me how I should have known what I did wrong when they first disappeared. Very passive aggressive and I had to always wait and wonder what I did wrong?

FYI my experience with passive agressive mars ranked in order of most damaging passive aggressive to least (in my humble opinion)

That is a mars in gemini is really a tough customer to beat when they decide to be passive aggressive

Mars in gemini = two-faced, self-protective, too cool for school
Mara in leo = teasing turns into shaming in order to feel like an equal, but its all a joke after all!
Mars in Scorpio = any weapon is fair game!
Mars in libra = soft attack, won't ever be openly confrontational
Mars in cancer = emotional attack (unthinking actions later revealed for what they are)
Mars in virgo = extreme self-doubt causes pathetic jibes instead of actual confrontation

That's all for now. I know mars in cancer is not an easy placement, but most mars in cancers will cough up what they are feeling eventually in my humble estimation. As for mars in virgo, as someone with this placement, I can be passive aggressive, but not really successful at it and I prefer confrontation. :innocent:
I have mars in gemini and am NOT two faced :rightful:
I have found mars in cancer will 'interfer' with family matters whether it was asked or not though. Remember planets are modified by signs, where they express are houses and how they express are *aspects*

SagiCap

Hey guys,

I was actually just thinking, I opted for an assertiveness training one-day course through my work training. I'm going at the end of this month and I'd be happy to share the most important parts/practical tips on this thread if anyone thinks it's something they want to know. Or maybe you should pm me if interested?

S

I think Passive Aggressive has alot more to do with other things than just mars placement in my case.

im a gem, libra rising, 8th H Gemini mars venus sun & blackmoon, 9th H moon Cancer

I love school on my own terms :biggrin: lol thats my sun+mercury+mars

I will be passive (go along) at times to keep the peace (libra rising), but i am always up front speak my feelings (my truth aka tell it like it is) & you can take it or leave it, you get to choose; (moon cancer+gemini mars&sun)
Never to-faced cause im not afraid to hurt your feelings or mine. Not afraid of confrontation but i do like peace more.

Very self-protective, (from childhood environment) & if i dont do it, Who Will?

However, i will emotionally attack you if you are straight up lying, or being very cruel to whoever.

I can put you to death with my tounge (sp?) which i think mars has fueled or is to blame; heck i dont want the blame for it, its :devil: horrible! Sadly effective in some cases, but absolutely horrible .....:mad: i hate that part of me, really do.

Some one who dissapears from you and leaves you guessing? :unsure: :eek: :(

Well from my experience, :rightful: i would ask them to question themselves about whether or not they sincerely want to be with you, & question their maturity level, and what they are avoiding. (whether its a habit learned & repeated from childhood, manipulation tactics, or a matter of the above).

Assertiveness, i dont have a problem being assertive in its appropriate place and time, just thought that was common with everyone, but maybe its the mars in me :surprised:

SagiCap,
I would be interested out of curiousity about what this class on assertiveness teaches you if you take it and your willing to share. You can PM me if you like.

Tanya

Earth Sign

I've been called passive aggressive, and I admit to it. Emphasized by my Moon in Scorpio probably, but my Mars in Taurus is the major culprit... well, my misuse of Mars in Taurus is the culprit. I wouldn't want to blame the placement for that. However, Grant Lewi pointed at the placement...

From Astrology for the Millions by Grant Lewi

Mars in Taurus -

You are a master of the art of passive aggression and passive resistance; whether your habits are right or wrong...you keep plowing along in the same furrow, and those who would oppose you generally stand to one side or get mowed down.

I feel that this interpretation is accurate in my case, and probably manifests this way often. I don't see the trait so much in the other Mars signs that have been mentioned... maybe Cancer.

Ixaee

Anything LIBRA or Pisces, Id say. (Ive never seen Virgo energy be passive aggressive... passive, YES, but not really the one to get back at anyone in any way.)

Mars in Pisces is pretty passive/aggressive.

My father is a Libra Sun, Pisces Mars ---- I love him dearly, but just guess how passive aggressive he is.................

You dont wanna know! :surprised:

Last edited:

Rayek

I have Mars in Libra and I would say I have a temper and I almost always show it on my face. Other people have told me this too lol. I try not to be passive aggressive, but I don't really like to fight unless it's worthwhile. Otherwise I just like to sweep it under the rug, but I do get mad secretly. But if it is important, I will confront the person, usually in a nice way, and that usually gets the job done.

I've read that Mars in Libra is one of the most passive aggressive placements in astrology. I suppose it's because our instinct is to not fight or cause confrontation, but it's humanly impossible to not feel angry and upset when certain things happen, thus rendering us "passive aggressive."

My Mars is in Libra as well... and I tend to bottle my anger up until I explode. But it leaks out in passive aggressive ways. People say I lash out at undeserving people when I get angry. Or vent my problems by using analogy when the person I'm mad at is around without actually confronting them. Only when I get extremely angry, or if I've been under a lot of stress do I actually express my anger. And usually, it is NOT pretty.

I admire you for having the ability to confront people in a nice way. I tend to go the, it's easier to ask for forgiveness route.

I've also found myself indirectly talking venting my frustration on social network sites where I know the person who is the target of my anger will see. It's pretty shallow, and if I become aware of it, I try to stop.

On the other hand, I seem to have an uncanny knack for being able to say whatever I want when I'm truly angry and end up healing the situation by destroying it first.

While I can be very passive aggressive, and I can also be meticulously manipulative in a very aware manner, the two seldom meet. The passive aggression is usually on accident, while the manipulation is usually for good (or what I deem as good) rather than mal-intent.

Raquel

A Libra Mars is like a slow burning, inactive but seething volcano of massive destruction. lol!

Mars isn't "home" in Libra, it's home in Aries - the exact opposite of Libra.

Some characteristics I have with this placement are:

Choosing battles carefully or wisely.
Detest arguing over BS and nonsense that doesn't even matter, triviality.
Arguing with someone who doesn't matter to me.
Ability to ignore situations that are not deemed "worthy" of my anger.
If I care about someone and something they've done is bothering me, I weigh all possible angles, maybe they didn't mean it - I tell them really calmly what my issue is (even if I'm angry as hell), and just see what they have to say.
If I see they start getting angry, I tell them to chill and we'll talk later

The positive side of Mars in Libra is someone who roots for the underdog, is not argumentative, weighs every side to an issue, thinks before acting, wants to compromise instead of "winning", doesn't have much of a temper, puts others first

and that's only the good stuff ...

And now the not-so good stuff - the stuff you were asking about ;)

The negative side is yes, because of all this underlying unexpressed anger, they can be very passive aggressive, can bottle their anger or anything that isn't pleasant for a loooong time, run from conflict, not see that they can be wrong. If something is perceived as "unjust" to them - something that hurts them, they are literally plotting that person's demise :ninja:. Mars in Libra can dream up ways to take back the "fairness" and make things seem right again but hardly act on it quickly. If really angry - and they get to that threshold, they can blow up like a :w00t: volcano.

it depends on the person as to which side they express. it also depends on the aspects mars makes, its house position, the position of venus (mars ruler here), as well as the rest of the chart.

I am Mars in Libra at my job I'm very quite and don't argue so much, because boss is the boss and I have to show some respect. But in my emotional relationships, friends, family, love... I'm very frontal, and assertive. I don't run from a argue, I'm the one who causes them. (and i think I don't have aspects between mars that make me this way... but the truth is this... I'm always create confusion around me and I alwways want to be right... :rightful:silly, but i'm being honest...

vanila

Mars in cancer poorly aspected...I feel it like Mars retro....it only conjunct Sun 6 degree orb.....
the Sun gets an opposition from Neptune.....
I don't know if it affect Mars when it conjunct Sun.....:confused:

desperateneptune

i am the definition of passive agression but i think that according to my chart i should have been agressive...mars in leo (3rd h) square sun in scorpio (6th h) gemini ascendant sextile mars trine pluto,opposition neptune, gemini moon (1st h) opposition neptune (7th). i can only imagine that neptune does all the damage. i think i get so angry that it if i didnt suppress it conciously i would have noone around me :) but i am definately practising on being ''assertive''-

Kitchy

Banned
If you consider the words used "passive" and "aggressive," what signs comes to mind?

For me:

Passive: Cancer, Pisces, Libra
Aggressive: Leo, Aries, Scorpio

My thinking (and experience) makes me look at rulerships.

Moon, Neptune, Venus

Moon feels need, Neptune lacks self-awareness and Venus desires.

Sun says, "Hear me roar", Aries says, "Me First" and Scorpio says, "I'm taking notes"

It's all a mishmash. But combo's of these signs & planets can lean toward passive-aggressive personalities.

I find myself agreeing with Mae Mae.

Imperial1922

I have a Mars in pisces, though it's square pluto, sextile saturn, trine moon, square MC and opposite AS. I'm not even close to being passive agressive. I'm joining the marine corps in a few months, and preety much I've always been known for being controlling or having a nasty temper.