Interest in astrology, the occult in general

ScoVirGemMan

As I've mentioned before in this forum, I've been interested in astrology -and clairvoyance, ESP, past lives, etc- for about 15 years. Which placements trigger such intellectual orientation? I would guess a strong Pluto, to begin with; which other planets would need to be strong in a personal chart, in which positions, forming which aspects?

Thank you for your insightful comments.

kimbermoon

Pluto represents 'power and control'; psychological transformation through purging our own inner weaknesses and debilities. Pluto also relates to the Soul and things that touch us deeply that can have a profound impact on our lives. Things metaphysical also relate to strong aspects of Neptune with the Moon; the 8th house is where we experience significant challenges, while in the 9th we attempt to integrate our psychic experiences into our personal sense of reality. Indeed Scorpio is associated with the openness to psychic awareness and knowledge. the water signs [Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces] in combination tend to reinforce the sensitivity to psychic occurences. Also look to indications involving the 4th, 8th and 12th house. Uranus represents access to the higher creative intellect; Neptune represents 'spiritual connections'. Also a chart that features dominant earth and water energies are more receptive and sensitive to otherworldy influences. My lifelong study of astrology has become my passion for many a long year: I have a conjunct of Uranus/
Mercury in Cancer in the 9th house: also a grand trine involving the Moon in Pisces [also transcendental in nature] in the 4th, with connections to the 8th and 12th houses as well. Saturn relates to karmic references, and for me it is joined with Neptune in the 12th: this represents my ultimate sacrifice and things I have had to give up in life. Life has brought me to the realization that Astrology is my passion, and service is my mission.:smile:

As I've mentioned before in this forum, I've been interested in astrology -and clairvoyance, ESP, past lives, etc- for about 15 years. Which placements trigger such intellectual orientation? I would guess a strong Pluto, to begin with; which other planets would need to be strong in a personal chart, in which positions, forming which aspects?

Claire19

For the occult the 8th house and Pluto would be strong. For astrology it would be Uranus and the 11th house and Jupiter may be in the mix for wanting to gain knowledge of higher truth and the universal workings. If you have all of these factors strong then it would indicate what you mention.
i.e. I have Uranus trine Jupiter in the 8th house. A heavily aspected Pluto and an 8th house stellium.
I am into reincarnation, life after death matters, the hidden and taboo. Uranus conjuncts North Node in Gemini and I teach astrology and am a life long student of that science.

dr. farr

I too have Uranus (and the Part of Fortune) in my natal 11th house (in Cancer) with Venus and the Dragon's Head in my 8th house (under Aries), and I have been involved with astrology and various esoteric matters since my early teen years (Pluto in my natal chart is in the 12th house, under Leo, and I consider the 12th hoiuse involved with those who seek to bring "secret things" or "hidden things" to light...)

shadow moon

Banned

a strong 8th or 12th

or water sign planets in strong position, let`s say Moon in Cancer with Pluto in Scorpio

or post you chart and let us give a feed-back on that

Arthur Fomalhaut

There are a number of stars on this, off the top of my head, Acrux, Mimosa, Sadalmelik, and many others. People that I know of who had experiences like Kundalini rising and others never failed to have one.

Also, though I dont believe much in trans-saturnians, it is true I remember time ago I had the Kepler, featuring astrosignatures, there were some 30 or 40 charts of psychics and related bipedals, and seemed to me some 60 % of them had Mercury-Neptune. Maybe someone can double check it. I am thinking of the occult here, as in doing it, doing things, as different from just researching it.

For astrology you have many threads always in astrology fora and more stars, for example Deneb Adige, Alphecca I seem to remember. There was a conversation in Skyscript on of course how predisposed they were to astrology, and being into traditional, was put down to great Mercury, Virgo and stuff. But then they said, look at that, Evangeline Adams, Dane Rudhyar and cant remember who else, have Mercury in Pisces which is very bad. I say they were missing it was always at the beginning of Pisces, where there are a number of mercurial stars which in past times were in Aquarius. I would place my bet on Mercury with any important mercurial star, then more things.

Something that I ve noticed is that you cannot normally do well in "both sides", people who do well in "the other world" appear to me to be liable to delusions over here. In that respect, the occult and astrology would be different. If you look into all siddhis, for example, it is all about how well you do in the other side. For example, clairvoyance/remote viewing is nothing but clear astral vision. To access clear astral vision, you need dissolution of ordinary mind, so that the brains enters a secondary state of functioning, which exists, though most people dont know about it. Therefore I would give some credence to normal stuff like 8th house, Pisces, etc.

If you believe in Morinus' determinations theory, whereby planets mean only what they are "determined to", i.e. different things for different natives, unless angular where they get back there basic significations, then I guess you depend on good or weird stuff going on on the mind axis, 3rd-9th.

Good luck to you with your spooky things anyway :)

Last edited: