So How Weird Am I?

Talaria

Lately every psychic I speak to insists that I'm going to get married, including me; my own tarot cards are saying it, too. Since I've had a deeply ingrained desire to avoid marriage since birth, I thought I'd ask if anyone can point out any marriage or anti-marriage indicators in my chart. I have a lot of trouble settling down professionally, too, and was hoping someone might have some chart-based career advice. Really, I'd just like whatever input people have; I'm more curious than anything.

Attachments

• chartwheel.GIF
    chartwheel.GIF
    13.2 KB · Views: 38

Caro

You are sagi rising with gemini on your 7th house cusp.
this makes for someone who is a free spirit and would like to see the world prior to settling down.
add this too a sun conj merc although in pisces in the 3rd house (gemini house) again adds to that free spirit. you also have the moon in gemini. All this indicates someeone whoe is a bit restless and likes to 'flit' around. These are all mutable signs.

mars in aries in 5th H. http://www.horoscopeswithin.com/planetsinhouses.php

However the chart progresses as life moves on. so you asc may well now be in capricorn(via progression) which means that cancer is in the 7th h. this can alter your views on life and relationships. you also have venus in taurus natally (which is a little over shadowed by your other natal planets) Venus in taurus likes its home comforts and is happier in a relationship. .

Tfunction

Uranus (planet of weird) opposite Moon (planet of feelings): I can imagine that you will have wild changes in the way you feel about things throughout your life. Marriage being one of those. Doubly, as north node is in 7th.

Disclaimer: I'm not an expert

Munch

A slightly different way to consider this might be to look at the your values house (2nd). I think this is kind of a lynch pin in this particular scenario for you.

You value independence, stability, permanence and structure. These are things that I integral to you and how you live, therefore we can see how this might create a conundrum for you in the relationship department based on your rising sign and moon.

Your ASC/DSC axis shows a person that wants to live life out loud. This is a person with an inquisitive spirit and thirst for life that will not be easily quenched. However, your values show you that in order to have the life that you want, you need to do things on your own to make sure it plays out YOUR (the 'right') way. You don't feel like you can count on a partner to provide for you so you do it yourself. This also means that these are things that you value in a partner as well. If this is the crux of a person's impetus to life its easy to see how a person (you) might feel like there is no room for a partner. In short, you value your independence and any sort of interdependence could be seen as a bit off putting and something that could lead to disaster down the road if not carefully navigated and God knows Sagittarius and Gemini are not known for 'caution.'

So why do you keep hearing that you shall get married? Let's look at the houses that bring marriage to mind. These for me are the 4th (home) and the 7th (our partner). Some would say the 5th, but I maintain this has more to do with attraction and infatuation than a solid relationship.

Your 4th house (using whole signs as I do) is where we find your sun. Your focus for yourself is creating something solid. A home base to work from and a place to feel secure. You want to explore your roots and literally put some down. This shows a person that is more interested in an inner life and is closely (or longs to be) closely connected to a family unit. This shows a person that can in fact settle down and adapt to a traditional role rather easily under the right circumstances (ie, finding a good balance between interdependency and independence which is absolutely doable).

Your 7th house is ruled by Gemini which is in turn ruled by Mercury which happens to also be in the 4th house in conjunction to the sun showing a strong tie between the two though the aspect is separating. This for me shows a person that is likely to get married.

Finally, moon in the 7th shows a person that kinda needs partnership. My boyfriend has this placement and though he is ridiculously independent, he has always had a partner. I'm just the first one to come along that allows him to maintain that independence and still feel loved and balanced.

I would say that marriage is definitely in the cards for you if you so desire.

Tfunction

Munch, that was a very intuitively thought out response. I appreciate the way you said that, as it gives me a chance to learn. Although it is the north node in 7th, would you consider it the moon?

Munch

I use the Whole Sign House System which puts your moon in the 7th along with your NN. However, the moon conjuncts the descendant adding further emphasis to the relationship need.

retinoid

You actually emotionally need relationships, which puts you at odds with how you would like to be. You will be very changeable when it comes to relationships (I love this person but then I don't). You need to have a relationship where you do not immediately live with the person and you each have your own life. You will be attractive to others and be sexually appealing and competitive. You will however feel an overwhelming push to be isolated and alone which will make you depressed. Possibly having a routine and helping others will help you get out of this rut.

Talaria

Thank you, everyone; this was awesome. So glad I made this post. It's been extremely eye-opening.

Caro: You're so right. I'm one of those people who just can't fathom settling down. I also really enjoy my home and creature comforts. My spirit is so determinedly free it might as well be a fugitive.

Tfunction: Yep! Wild changes to my nature are second nature to me. I never thought about the Moon/Uranus opposition that way. Mostly I just focused on how I have a tendency to rebel against how I feel, but you've given me a whole new light for it.

Munch: Wow. I wonder about setting down roots, because I've never tried it before. In my world, "roots" are things that happen to other people. I can see myself adapting to a "traditional role," as you put it, even though I find the idea wildly unappealing at present. You blew me away, and I really appreciate the thought you put into that. And I love how you describe your boyfriend. I've been called things like "ridiculously independent" more than twice, lol. What you said about the 4th and 7th makes loads of sense. What you said about me not being known for caution makes a hilarious amount of sense.

retinoid: Exactly. I definitely loathe being in relationships, but I do enjoy the emotional stimuli they provide. And I always crave space and solitude.

Rebel Uranian: I'm worried because choices have consequences. Just because I want something doesn't mean it's good for me. I understand that I am ultimately the one who decides whether I get married. I also understand that my decisions will greatly impact my life.