Who are you in the Tarot?

retinoid

Have you ever asked the Tarot who you are in the deck?

I am the 'MOON' card

"the Moon is all about visions and illusions, madness, genius and poetry. At its darkest this can be a very scary card warning the querent of hidden enemies, mental illness, alcoholic blackouts or a bad drug trip. At its very best, however, the Moon is a card of genius, of mental breakthroughs, astonishing creativity, powerful magic, and intuition. "
-Aeclectic Tarot

Prisma

For me, I like this one:
1072669422_rotTheStar1.jpg

Other card I like a lot (and specially in the way that was portrayed by the artist in this deck):
21_Major_World.jpg

from that deck, I also like:
RomQC.jpg

dr. farr

Here's a variation on finding a single over-all Tarot symbol (although only among the Major Arcana)

1) convert all of your planetary positions, nodes, angles (asc, MC, desc, IC, vertex) and Part of Fortune and Part of Spirit, to their longitudinal degrees (eg, Mars is at 29Scorpio32: convert that to its longitude = 239degrees32 minutes; do the same for all chart elements)

2) add them all up

3) now, subtract the circle of the zodiac (360) from the total, until you obtain a number under 360 degrees (eg, total = 1050degrees42: subtract 360 degrees = 690/42; so subtract 360 degrees again = 330/42: that would be your determinative number)

4) now add up the single numbers in your determinative number: in the example where the final number is 330degrees42minutes, that would be 3+3+0+4+2 = 12;

5) the final number indicates the "grand MAT symbol" for the chart (see the MA symbol affinities in my thread "Conversion of astro-data to Major Arcana symbols")
In our example, the final determinative number (330/42) = 3+3+0+4+2 = 12, so the "grand MAT" symbol for the total chart would be the 12th Tarot Arcana, ie, "The Hanged Man".

6) these "grand MAT" symbols are to be delineated BOTH upright and reverse: the Upright (generally) shows positive potentials, the Reversed (generally) shows trends, susceptibilities, pitfalls, to be particularly avoided.

Its an interesting subsidiary method for delineating potentials in the chart, not otherwise usually obvious by purely astrological analysis; its also a really easy method to do, just that one must be careful in the addition of the longitudes of all chart elements, and then in the subtractions of 360 from that total.

Last edited:

Moog

Rahu isn't the tower though Rahu is a magnet in my mind. Rahu points to the life path-more like the star perhaps.

I was thinking of Rahu's penetrative, boundary breaking, foundation undermining, chaos inducing nature.

The Magician perhaps? Significations of the occult and magic. The illusionist. I expect most would associate him with Mercury more readily.

The Chariot? The drive and ambition to get what one wants and conquer all odds. Still not quite there.

Interesting thought exercise.

retinoid

I was thinking of Rahu's penetrative, boundary breaking, foundation undermining, chaos inducing nature.

The Magician perhaps? Significations of the occult and magic. The illusionist. I expect most would associate him with Mercury more readily.

The Chariot? The drive and ambition to get what one wants and conquer all odds. Still not quite there.

Interesting thought exercise.

Sure and Rahu can have more than 1 card. Mars is the tower and strength for instance. What is your Mars sign in and house? In tropical if you don't mind.

akp124

I took the test and it gave me Justice....Hmmm

Now I don't know which one I am...Ace of Cups or Justice.

I'm soooo confused. :D

Rebel Uranian

It said I was the Devil, but that made no sense based on the choices I put. I did it a second time, changing the choices I wasn't so certain of, and got the Magician. The test doesn't really make sense to me, although I understand how it works.

Edit: The 3rd time is the Hermit. So I got the Devil, the Magician, and the Hermit. The only thing this points to IMO is that I'm b-b-b-bad to the bone :p The card descriptions as given on the site are pretty self-contradictory IMO. Oh, and may I point out that none of these are cards that actually are in the time I'm born?

~Reclusive Magical Devil

Last edited:

Ixaee

They also have a feature at Facade.com, where they'll match you to a Tarot Card according to your name/birthdate numerological influence..

Its pretty interesting.. http://facade.com/personal/

(make sure you use your entire birth name if you do this though -- the full name is very important in numerology!)