Introverted Leos

Earth Sign

I've been wondering about Leo introverts and what happens to make them that way. Leo is supposed to be the original extroverted sign. They're supposed to be outgoing, people-people, charming, confident and courageous. These traits do not all fit the most important Leo in my life, my father, who has the Sun, Mercury, Venus, Saturn and Pluto all in Leo. He's very introverted, doesn't prefer the company of others, and really dislikes it when people don't respect other's personal space. We don't know his exact birth time, but his mother said "just after 7:00(am), I think", but that's relying on the memory of a 94 year old woman. (If anyone wants to address my father's chart directly, I'll add it on the end of this post.) My father is familiar with the description of Leo and admits that it sounds nothing like him (he doesn't believe in astrology).

Is anyone else familiar with these introverted Leos?

Attachments

• Natal Chart_1947.jpg
    Natal Chart_1947.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 131

tsquare

Well, if the time is accurate...or close enough..it' could be that he is a 12th house Leo.

12th house leos arn't always that outgoing.

One semi introverted 12th house leo was andy warhol.
Thats off the top of my head...

But Madonna seemingly is an extroverted leo....in the 12th house.
Yet she has interests in Art, Music, Kabalah....and god knows what else...
which makes allot of sense for a 12th house leo.

Lof all signs in the 12th house...Leo is going to be close to the most outgoing.

That really is allot of planets to have in Leo though...and more planets in teh 12th would indicate more of a tendency towards introversion of some kind.

I'm not being very detailed or specific, but 12th house is a good indicator of someone with private interests who like their personal space.

hmmm...
http://weathersage.com/vs/mcevoy/12thhouse.htm

I never read this link, but it may have something interesting in there for you.

http://www.gotohoroscope.com/houses-in-chart-12th.html

Same here....

12th house might be something to look at.

tsquare

Inside Out Orange

You need to be careful when you talk about introversion/extraversion and being outgoing or quiet.

Intraversion/extroversion is about where one gets one's energy.
- Introverts get it from their thoughts and ideas.
- extraverts get it from other people and their surroundings.
- Introverts like dealing with people they know in small one-to-one situations.
- Extroverts don't mind new situations or large groups.

I'm a pretty introverted Leo. Probably because I have Mercury in Virgo, and Moon conjunct Sun in Leo, and Saturn in Gemini.

Sagmoon

i think it could be saturn and pluto which makes him introverted. do they conjunct? but even if they don't, they would still play a significant role. it's really the abundance of planets that bring extra energy, thereby 'hiding' the zodiacal influence. i'm mostly introverted, i think it's because i have a cancer ascendant and saturn square sun. Also leo don't always appear extraverted as it's a fixed sign...

just some idle thoughts...

Vista

Chart ruler Mercury conjunct Saturn, doesn't express itself naturally. That coupled with all those "outgoing" Leo planets in the in quiet 12th house of hidden things and seclusion, and there you go....

rahu

Banned
the introversion is a function of the satrun/pluto conjunction in leo.
saturn in leo restricts the expansive energy of leo at it's inception.with pluto, the introspective,depressive force of saturn is greatly increased.
usually the father of a sturn in leo is a very constrictive influence.
with the saturn/cun midpoint square to jupiter,this "anti-social" influence is strengthened.

rahu

Earth Sign

Thanks for all of your interpretations. I understand what you mean about :mercury::conjunct::saturn: and :saturn::conjunct::pluto:. Just looking at his chart I see all kinds of conjunctions and squares, which really shows in his character. He also has a lot of squares to Jupiter in Scorpio which I'm curious about. I've been looking at his Moon sitting on Neptune, also. If any of you know what that means I'd like to hear it.

This thread has gotten closer to a read my father's chart situation, but that's okay, he's an interesting person to read. :happy:

Lion o ness

Ok this is an old thread, but thought I would reply anyways :)

I am 4x Leo.. I have been introverted most of my life.. I am just now "coming" into my Leo. Well trying

My Leo is in my 5th house. (ok go figure) Only my 5th house is ruled by Cancer.. My venus is also in Cancer.. I relate alot with cancer traits. I go into hiding, and need to be home alone alot (venus in the 4th).. I need a lot of space... I prefer peace and I only have very few close personal friends.. I dont socialize well, especially with people I just meet. I am alot more social in smaller groups verse's large crowds. I shut down in large crowds, and I just kinda watch...

Im not sure if this is because my Venus is a Singleton or because Cancer rules the 5th..

I have been told that the asteroid Makemake conjuncts my Leo Stellium which alters the Leo.

I also have a Cardinal T Square which hits all four of my points, which may also alter my Leo..

Also I have read that Mars in the 6th doesnt like alot of loud noise... Which for me is true. My Leo mars is the only leo in my 6th.. Leo rules H6.

Last edited:

Earth Sign

Lion o ness said:
Ok this is an old thread, but thought I would reply anyways

I am 4x Leo.. I have been introverted most of my life.. I am just now "coming" into my Leo. Well trying

My Leo is in my 5th house. (ok go figure) Only my 5th house is ruled by Cancer.. My venus is also in Cancer.. I relate alot with cancer traits. I go into hiding, and need to be home alone alot (venus in the 4th).. I need a lot of space... I prefer peace and I only have very few close personal friends.. I dont socialize well, especially with people I just meet. I am alot more social in smaller groups verse's large crowds. I shut down in large crowds, and I just kinda watch...

Im not sure if this is because my Venus is a Singleton or because Cancer rules the 5th..

I have been told that the asteroid Makemake conjuncts my Leo Stellium which alters the Leo.

I also have a Cardinal T Square which hits all four of my points, which may also alter my Leo..

Also I have read that Mars in the 6th doesnt like alot of loud noise... Which for me is true. My Leo mars is the only leo in my 6th.. Leo rules H6.

Thanks for replying. :smile:

Maybe you could post your chart for further analysis. You have Aries rising, which has sparked my interest. At least I could blame my fathers introversion on his Virgo Asc, lol. :happy:

I noticed you posted this on your birthday. Happy birthday! :happy::happy::happy:

aquarianmoon

Hey Lion o ness, I have an intercepted Leo Sun as well but it's in the 8th house. People usually say I'm not like a typical Leo. Having the Leo Sun in a Cancer ruled house apparently makes it so that the Leo energy has more trouble getting out don't they? Luckily we both have firey ascendants to somewhat compensate (me Sag).

On topic: there's a woman in my astrology class you has 4 or 5 planets in Leo in the fourth house and she seems to be pretty **** quiet when it's a big group of us. Get her with 2 or 3 people and she starts to open up though. It's almost like having an excess of a sign polarizes and makes you overcompensate...

Arijana

I know a few Leos and I adore the sign.

however,I know a Leo girl that was in my class in high school,she was/is a friend of mine and she is very silent,very quiet,extremely low self esteem,she lets people walk all over her,she can't stand up for herself, lets people push her around always,she can't fight for herself,if she's waiting in line for something and someone tells her to move she will move although she waited for 3 hours...I'd be interested in seeing her chart,she is a Libra asc though but I imagine there is a lot of Pisces influence to her chart.

I met Pisces people that behave like pushy Leo's though lol

Lion o ness

@ Earthsign Sorry I just saw where you asked for me to post my chart.. YEah sure not a problem...

Thanks for the Bday wishes :kissing:

Yes I do have the Aries rising, which really is a big part of me, but in a rush, impatient get out of my way type of way...

I dont consider my self shy so to speak, I just personally prefer to be alone or in smaller groups of people I know.. When I first meet people it takes me a while to even talk to them.. I don't open up to people fast.. That's when my Leo shows.... As my Leo ego and wants and needs are very much Leo... I dont' "act" Leo. Unless I am completely comfortable with that person, then my Leo will show..

Attachments

• My Natal.jpg
    My Natal.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 58

R4VEN

I didn't know I was introverted (always saw myself as extroverted) until I did one of those introverted/extroverted tests in one of my tertiary psych courses, and I came out as very, very introverted. Some things which tipped the balance were my diary-keeping, as well as poetry-writing. I look inwards rather than outwards.

The older I get, the more introverted I become. I put it down to Cap rising, with Saturn in 8th in Leo. I am quite Saturnian in nature and interaction with others. I have Leo planets - Sun, Mercury & Pluto - all in the 7th.

EhTeam

As a 4x Leo, I have few close friends, and they would probably say I am introverted.
I do have the ability to mingle, but prefer smaller groups.
I usually wait for people to engage and mingle with me, or my husband (Gemini).

Mercuryman

I am a 12th house Leo, and my moon sits there also conjunct regulus.

Others have sometimes said I've been hard to pin down as to whether I am an extrovert or an introvert. My old boss used to say I was neither and it unnerved her a bit I think!

12th house Leo's may be withdrawn and quiet, but from what I can see, they definitely need a creative Piscean/12th house channel to express themselves... it will be fairly evident if they have this placement.

As most 12th Leo's also have 1st Virgo / MC Gemini, then it is no surprise at the astounding number of famous authors and musicians throughout history with this placement.

Earth Sign

I thought I might add some of the distinctly Leonine characteristics about my father. Aside from all that nonsense about being outgoing, sociable and confident, Leo has a powerful, domineering energy which I think is very apparent in my father.

I guess it might be a Sun complex. It's actually very intimidating to a Capricorn/Virgo like myself. I don't think he's aware of the aura he produces, but he is generally overpowering in public and in private. He's a tall person, about 6'5", and when he used to walk down the sidewalk, other people would cross the street just to avoid him.

Though I didn't know him when he was a heavy drinker, I've heard stories. Most of them are really hilarious. When he was drunk he would be loud and disruptive, but mostly funny. He drank like an alcoholic, but when he had kids he quit all the drinking and swearing without any problem. He quit smoking when he was 40, just by willpower. I'm not sure if this kind of self-control is a characteristic of Leo, but I thought it might be worth mentioning.

I think my father is the kind of personality that only comes along once every century or so. His humor is off-the-wall, and when we were kids he could make us laugh just by being weird. Weird is the kind of humor he likes, and it's the kind he can do well. I think he might take pride in being seen as strange, which is a trait my brother inherited. He has a very distinctive class that demands respect and laughter at the same time. I feel privileged to know him, and to me that really says Leo.

A few of you have mentioned preferring small groups of friends to large social gatherings, but my father doesn't particularly enjoy the company of anyone. He likes to be alone. He had his friends before my brother and I came along, but not much anymore, and he doesn't seem really interested in friendships anymore. He has these restraints that seem very Capricorn to me. I think the placement of his Saturn has a lot of impact. I can't help but think that he didn't have to be as introverted as he is, and that he could have been even more Leo. But he couldn't have been, because he isn't. I feel that it's appropriate to mention that he was raised Catholic, which may actually account for a lot.

Sorry about this long, rambling post about my father. He takes up a lot of my thought, astrologically and otherwise. It's actually really unpleasant to talk to him about astrology, because he uses himself as an argument. Because of his introversion, it seems like astrology applies to everyone but him, LOL! And he probably can't see all of his other Leo characteristics like the rest of us can.

Additionally, he doesn't seem like a Virgo rising, as introverted as he is. More like Capricorn, maybe. He's not zealous and analytical enough to be my breed. :tongue:

R4VEN

Earth Sign, I enjoyed reading about your father. That was a real tribute to him. He sounds quite unforgettable!!

I notice something on his chart - Neptune-Moon conjunction - very close, too - squaring Mars.......... that would not have helped the drinking, and perhaps his extreme sensitivity (described in that conjunction/square) was just a way to mask his sensitivity, and make him more sociable - in his eyes, at least. [I have Neptune conj Mars, both squaring my Moon, and when younger I used alcohol to mask/deaden my sensitivity, and to be more funny and out-going - or so I thought. I also stopped in an instant when I noticed my young children noticing my behaviour.]

Your post has made me think more about the true ego-nature of a Leo Sun, so thanks for that. I have read what is so often said about Leo Sun, and have always believed the hype. However, since as early as I can remember, my favourite person to be with, to talk to and commune with has always been myself. As much as I enjoy other people and their company, I am always relieved when they go home and leave me to my own thoughts. I have always put this down to my tendency to absorb others' thoughts and feelings, and so I have always needed plenty of alone time in order to separate myself from others. But I actually enjoy my own company, and have always thought that a bit strange, as other Leos whom I know tend to need others around them so that they can shine their light on everyone.

Leos can be charismatic, but it usually depends upon how comfortable they are in their own skin. Bill Clinton was born exactly a year before your father, and Charisma is his middle name! Robert De Niro, on the other hand, is almost the antithesis of charismatic. I often find some strong Libra presence - along with the Leo - in those who are charismatic in their everyday life.

Your father's close Sun-Uranus sextile perhaps describes his independent and individualistic behaviour. You mention Saturn, and I think that is an important observation. In his chart, Saturn is conjunct the Mercury/Pluto MP. It's as though he Sees All, Knows All, and intense and regular interaction with friends is no longer necessary. He is his own Best Friend, Wikipedia, and Light In The Dark.:cool: I believe that the Mercury, Saturn, Pluto stellium - all in Leo, too - is very significant in determining his personality.

Oh - and I just noticed your comment about him being raised Catholic........ His Jupiter is quite under fire, so his Catholic upbringing may be about that.

Earth Sign

Wow, thanks R4VEN, that was really interesting.

R4VEN said:
I notice something on his chart - Neptune-Moon conjunction - very close, too - squaring Mars.......... that would not have helped the drinking, and perhaps his extreme sensitivity (described in that conjunction/square) was just a way to mask his sensitivity, and make him more sociable - in his eyes, at least. [I have Neptune conj Mars, both squaring my Moon, and when younger I used alcohol to mask/deaden my sensitivity, and to be more funny and out-going - or so I thought. I also stopped in an instant when I noticed my young children noticing my behaviour.]

He's most outgoing when he acts. I've occasionally noticed him taking on whole different persona depending on his mood. I guess it usually comes out when there is the least to worry about, which would explain why I've seen so little of it. He hasn't been totally worry free since before I was born. He's not the type to suffer in silence. He has every right to complain, being the main breadwinner fighting against our financial hole, but he projects his unhappiness to the point where he makes us start to feel responsible for the mess we're in. I know he doesn't mean to make us feel bad, but this is a guy who seriously emotes. Do you think this placement may account for some of that?

R4VEN said:
Your post has made me think more about the true ego-nature of a Leo Sun, so thanks for that. I have read what is so often said about Leo Sun, and have always believed the hype. However, since as early as I can remember, my favourite person to be with, to talk to and commune with has always been myself. As much as I enjoy other people and their company, I am always relieved when they go home and leave me to my own thoughts. I have always put this down to my tendency to absorb others' thoughts and feelings, and so I have always needed plenty of alone time in order to separate myself from others. But I actually enjoy my own company, and have always thought that a bit strange, as other Leos whom I know tend to need others around them so that they can shine their light on everyone.

Yeah, I could see him enjoying his own company. He says he never gets any alone time anymore, so he really values a vacant house. I guess his family is just another reminder of the real world and the where he is in it, which is a terrible thing to say, but I couldn't think of any other way to really explain it.

When he does get out in public he avoids big social gatherings like the plague. He was what was called part of the bookstore crowd, where he would often be noticed singing to himself, dressed like an Irish countryman. I guess in his own withdrawn way, he's an overpowering wall of Leo. :happy:

R4VEN said:
Your father's close Sun-Uranus sextile perhaps describes his independent and individualistic behaviour. You mention Saturn, and I think that is an important observation. In his chart, Saturn is conjunct the Mercury/Pluto MP. It's as though he Sees All, Knows All, and intense and regular interaction with friends is no longer necessary. He is his own Best Friend, Wikipedia, and Light In The Dark. I believe that the Mercury, Saturn, Pluto stellium - all in Leo, too - is very significant in determining his personality.

Yeah, I can see this, but when he did have friends I think he actually enjoyed their company. In most of the stories he tells us about them, they seem just about as weird as he is! I don't think he saw his friends as things he used, and no longer finds necessary, I think his social inhibition got the better of him, and since he no longer hangs out in bookstores every day he can't make friends over time like he used to. I guess he isn't in the right situation to make friends anymore.

Thanks for looking at his chart, R4VEN, it shed a lot of light on his situation. :happy:

R4VEN

he projects his unhappiness to the point where he makes us start to feel responsible for the mess we're in. I know he doesn't mean to make us feel bad, but this is a guy who seriously emotes. Do you think this placement may account for some of that?
In all likelihood.

This particular arrangement of planets is especially sensitive - a real feeling arrangement - and so the carrying of responsibility may be very burdensome for him. I can certainly relate to that.

Kannon

Introversion or extroversion has more to do with your rising sign and condition of 1st house than with the sun sign. The attached chart shows Virgo on Asc (2nd most introverted sign in zodiac) and Moon + Neptune in 1st house. Plus chart ruler/MC ruler conjunct Saturn.

I've mentioned this before - Virgo risers very often become more outgoing after age 30. Once they develop confidence in their skills or interests. Some aren't meant to.