A New Home?

Hathor

I am Hathor. An astrologer/mystic, and just need a quiet place to rest and then be as helpful as I can be. Everything about me is harmless, inoffensive. Just don't be abusive to me, as "while the field is free, this bull charges". Opiniated, yes. But I do have good manners. If you don't like me, then ignore me and I will reciprocate. Otherwise, I really am a sweetie and love animals. My humor is considered dark, even bizarre because I have a flair for irony and satire. Hope you like me. I need a friend, preferably Uranian or Neptunian or just a sympathetic soul. Namaste.

[moved chart reading request from another poster to the "Read my chart" forum - Moderator Note: please do not post "Read my chart" requests into other people's introductions]

Last edited by a moderator:

Kazina

hello Hathor! welcome :smile:

I hope you find the sweet field you desire.

what does a Uranian or a Neptunian mean? My ascendant is Pisces if that makes me a Neptunian :tongue: I don't know, I am still learning the basics of Astrology and have a lot to learn yet about each sign to begin with. but I've been interested and learning about Astrology for a while now, so I'm not totally ignorant :joyful:

I like dark and bizarre and humor lol

Hathor

Hello Kazina. Pisces rising can make you "relatively" Neptunian, or Aquarius rising make "relatively" Uranian (or Saturnine). But not necessarily so. You have to look at the chart as a whole and see the strength, position, house and dominance of that planet. Neptune in the 1st ,12th or in orb of the ascendant makes you a great contender irrespective of the sign. Similarly, Uranus in the 11th, 1st or near ascendant will show strong traits in that direction. Then look at aspects to sun, moon etc. You have to devise a sort of "score card". Mercury is a great clue to how a person thinks and projects themselves. For this you need only listen to them talk.

Hathor

As an addendum, before someone decides to pounce on me (oh yes they will!), your Rising sign is very much how OTHERS perceive you to be. Not necessarily what you are. A rising planet is much stronger and strengthens the perception (or confuses it). But it is just perception.
I suspect the wisdom is in knowing who you are and not being defined by another's opinion, even an astrologer's opinion.
A wise astrologer once told me, "You are born into your ascendant, grow into your sun, but become known by your Midheaven". I find that hard to argue with. You are and designed for your purpose in the Cosmos. Embrace your dark and your light. That makes you perfectly designed.

Kazina

Hello Kazina. Pisces rising can make you "relatively" Neptunian, or Aquarius rising make "relatively" Uranian (or Saturnine). But not necessarily so. You have to look at the chart as a whole and see the strength, position, house and dominance of that planet. Neptune in the 1st ,12th or in orb of the ascendant makes you a great contender irrespective of the sign. Similarly, Uranus in the 11th, 1st or near ascendant will show strong traits in that direction. Then look at aspects to sun, moon etc. You have to devise a sort of "score card". Mercury is a great clue to how a person thinks and projects themselves. For this you need only listen to them talk.

I think my ascendant is opposition a lot of my planets.. and also quincunx, oh dear pretty many squares too it appears.. well I think there is a lot going on in my chart. if you wanted to take a look at it and let me know if you have any thoughts on it you'd like to share with me I would be elated. My Mercury is in Virgo, so I don't imagine that is anything close to Neptunian or Uranian hehe..
could you tell me what factors make you so or make you seek out others who are?

as to your addendum, ah there is a lot I'm learning, and the "role" of the ascendant or the differentiation between the most primary influences is one of them. it's always good to hear it in different perspectives.
hmmm I seemingly have a lot of dark to embrace :tongue: but I imagine a lot of light as well :joyful:
well if the ascendant is just how others perceive us, then why is it I have a strong urge to help the entire world and other Piscean things like that.. feeling very empathetic and whatnot and content to live in a fantasy world, etc..

"You are born into your ascendant, grow into your sun, but become known by your Midheaven".

I'm really liking this quote! As a Pisces Rising I always have been known for being Piscean, wishy-washy, dreamy, and quite absorbent of my atmosphere. But, now I'm becoming more of the Capricorn Sun sign that I am by showing interest in my career and being, at times, emotionally cold to others. But with my Scorpio moon this is quite obnoxious as I am extremely emotional myself, but I am skeptical of others who so flamboyantly express their emotions. I think I will definitely be known by my Midheaven, which is in Sagitarrius, because I have high aspirations which will probably make me be known for something in this lifetime.

Hathor

Kazina, Virgo is also "service" sign as it is the natural 6th sign, so the need to help is inherent. The Mercury there nice offsets the Pisces Asc. Yes, it will attract others all too willing to find you "wishy-washy", but don't let that detract from your qualities of keen analysis and logic.
PiscesRisingScorpioMoon, you did give me a chuckle. Oh dear! It reminds me of myself: a Sweet :cancer: child, then a determined, lovely :taurus::venus:/:sun:. Now a bad tempered :aries: MC with a 10th house :mars:! Or maybe I was just too agreeable when younger and suffered for it, so I have let my MC out of the closet for an airing!. I am now considered bad-tempered:biggrin:. Great!
(Just a thought: Children are also very much like their :moon:)

Kazina

I'm really liking this quote! As a Pisces Rising I always have been known for being Piscean, wishy-washy, dreamy, and quite absorbent of my atmosphere. But, now I'm becoming more of the Capricorn Sun sign that I am by showing interest in my career and being, at times, emotionally cold to others. But with my Scorpio moon this is quite obnoxious as I am extremely emotional myself, but I am skeptical of others who so flamboyantly express their emotions. I think I will definitely be known by my Midheaven, which is in Sagitarrius, because I have high aspirations which will probably make me be known for something in this lifetime.

ah haha how cool! I have Pisces Rising and Scorpio Moon and I think my midheaven is Sagittarius! My Sun is in Libra.
yeaa I had just recently heard something about our Sun being what we're supposed to aspire to, so this quote resonated with me too for sure.

hmmm well I think I definitely have "wishy-washy" qualities lol, but I think all the Scorpio I have really helps with that; also I have Jupiter in Capricorn which I think kinda helps to keep the calamity of my other signs in check.

lol Hathor why/how bad-tempered?

ah haha how cool! I have Pisces Rising and Scorpio Moon and I think my midheaven is Sagittarius! My Sun is in Libra.
yeaa I had just recently heard something about our Sun being what we're supposed to aspire to, so this quote resonated with me too for sure.

hmmm well I think I definitely have "wishy-washy" qualities lol, but I think all the Scorpio I have really helps with that; also I have Jupiter in Capricorn which I think kinda helps to keep the calamity of my other signs in check.

lol Hathor why/how bad-tempered?

Kazina, how do you think Jupiter in Capricorn helps to keep the calamity of your other signs in check? Just wondering because my Jupiter is in Capricorn as well! But guess what, it's conjunct with my Sun in Capricorn too!

moon11

hello hathor, i am new here and about to introduce myself to the forum. The libra rising in my chart just wanted to say hi to you first!

moon11

hello hathor, i am new here and about to introduce myself to the forum. The libra rising in my chart just wanted to say hi to you first!

Hathor

hello Moon 11, I am new too.
Just thinking about Ascendants and sunsigns: I think often turbulent adolescence emanates from the child growing into it's sun. Some have no problems, others eg Gemini with Mars in 1st house, noisy, lively etc starts to grow into his Scorpio sun/mercury and becomes secretive, brooding. It is such a mismatch on the surface, it must cause problems. Similarly the much lauded "mid-life" crisis as your MC becomes dominant. Worse for men as they identify themselves with their work and status, and seem to fall apart after retirement when life seems to have no direction.
Women however are such multi-taskers, that the only mid-life crisis they seem to have is to ask "why have I wasted my life on all these people and when is it my turn?"

That explains my chosen bad temper (LOL!) It keeps people at a distance who seek to use me. I have finally learnt to say no. The more you do for them, the more they give you to do, until you get lost. Meanwhile they sit idly by and watch. So now I scare them off before they get started. Viva Aries MC!

moon11

And with Uranus in Aries right now i guess that could make temper explosions...!! Does that make you a leo or cancer rising, my son is cancer rising (just) and he has aries on mc. mmm very interesting about children growing into sun signs turbulence, you got me looking at my children's charts and wondering.,,,my daughter has all trines to her sun and a conjunction to jupiter, would looking at aspects to the sun be a brief way, for anyone, to predict if their teenager will be turbulent, do you know!!??. When you mention women's midlife crisis, the uranus opp uranus transit hitting my chart right now, natal 12th, transit to moon in 6th and chiron in 5th, makes me feel like i may as well be wearing a tshirt saying just that!!. when you mention the "when will it be my turn", it makes me think of Louise Hay, or suggests that state of thought can be the spiritual/emotional cause behind thryoid problems. CAn i ask you how you would deifne a mystic?

Kazina

Kazina, how do you think Jupiter in Capricorn helps to keep the calamity of your other signs in check? Just wondering because my Jupiter is in Capricorn as well! But guess what, it's conjunct with my Sun in Capricorn too!

well PiscesRisingScorpioMoonCapricornSunJupiter, I think my Capricorn Jupiter acts as a moderator. I mean, well the Virgo Mercury is a serious placement too, but the rest I feel all could have a tendency to be boisterous or rebellious or just a mess.. lacking in organization, and a lot of untamed energy. I mean I do currently feel out of control and irresponsible and things of that nature, so obviously my Capricorn needs to be honed more..
but like, I read that Pisces and Scorpio too and even Libra to a small degree that I am not ok with (probably because of the Jupiter placement; yknow like Libra might generally think it's ok to tell white lies if it will keep the peace, but I personally take truth more seriously than that) have a tendency to be deceitful.
At first I was kind of bummed that my fun Jupiter sign was in the stodgy stuffy Capricorn.. but one interpretation I read really made me feel proud. it saying like that our morals and values are not really questionable. I mean, I wasn't always as honest as I am, though I've always had a boldness and abrasive truthiness, I didn't place so much stock in the truth and what's right in the past. now I feel I am one of the most trustworthy and upright people. and I think the Sagittarius is really helpful because I'm not afraid to stand up for what is right and I will stick my neck on the line to stick up for others.
so, hmm I just think that some of the other placements are real powerful and sort of are in need of a babysitter lol.. or a backbone to fall back on, and Capricorn in Jupiter is a blessed position for me as my Sun is in Libra, quite a less serious sign than your Capricorn Sun. um lol perhaps I talked in circle, but hopefully I satisfied your query haha

hehe Hathor that's an interesting sign to have at Midheaven.. to me it sort of seems like the opposite of what Midheaven would be, yknow since it's the sign of solo so to speak (well I didn't want to say the other s word selfishness lol) but then I guess your lesson in life, or at least one of the important ones, is to put your foot down and honor yourself and not be taken advantage of by others, which it sounds like has been a theme in your life..
I suppose we all have to learn moderation in our relationships and transactions with others.. just comes in different strains and saturations I guess.

at my age of 27 I have already began a serious process of eliminating people from my life.. well, I guess if they are not as passionate or considerate as I'd like them to be I can't handle that and think of them as disloyal and too indifferent for me to keep up the effort of holding them in my heart and head.. or some people are just jerks lol.. I've been dismissing or scaring off people from my life for over a decade I suppose (I recently reread some poetry where this was the theme from that long ago) but it wasn't until recently that I actually realized the people in your life effect the quality of it. now I need all new people.. the trouble is I have a horrible anxiety that I haven't been able to fully dispel in all these years either.. well, let me stop going on lol

Cloverskies77

I am Hathor. An astrologer/mystic, and just need a quiet place to rest and then be as helpful as I can be. Everything about me is harmless, inoffensive. Just don't be abusive to me, as "while the field is free, this bull charges". Opiniated, yes. But I do have good manners. If you don't like me, then ignore me and I will reciprocate. Otherwise, I really am a sweetie and love animals. My humor is considered dark, even bizarre because I have a flair for irony and satire. Hope you like me. I need a friend, preferably Uranian or Neptunian or just a sympathetic soul. Namaste.

[moved chart reading request from another poster to the "Read my chart" forum - Moderator Note: please do not post "Read my chart" requests into other people's introductions]

Hi Hathor,
Im an Aquarius Sun, Libra Rising & Scorpio moon. I have Uranus conjunct my Ascendant. Uranus is also trine my Sun. I have 8 planets aspecting Uranus and 7 aspecting Neptune. I guess im more Uranian which makes me "a bit eccentric" lol. I love Art, Astrology, music, reading and im a big animal lover as well. I've been taking Astrology classes since last year from an eccentric & very knowledeable teacher. Im hoping to be an astrologer but I still have alot to learn,,,we are moving on to progressed charts in Aprils classes. Well, it was very nice meeting you :smile: I hope to see you around the forum!

Namaste,
Cloverskies

Hathor

Good afternoon dear friends. I thought to offer a clever little trick used by some chart providers. If you have seen it before, bear with me for those who haven't .....
Make a 4 x 3 grid. Doesn't matter which is the x or which the y axis. eg

F / E /A /W ( you have is Fire, Earth, Air and Water)
and vertically Cardinal Fixed, Mutable

Now fill in the number of planets in each sector and total each line horizontally and vertically. If you get an equal number in a vertical and horizontal square, toss in the MC for good measure.

You'd maybe surprised at the innate nature of the person.

Last edited:

Hathor

Back again. That was a bitter sweet experience. It is curious and probably understood by someone wise why some sites get ruined by negative and destructive participants. Some sites really need an injection of new blood and views to drown out the sociopaths.

Mercury's Rx period moving to an end. I note that the sun is moving to conjunct my MC. Maybe I will stand a chance of a job that I applied for. But ... been there dunnit, but I don't cry any more at the losses. The best is to keep going regardless. I can see as my epitaph "She was always trying!" LOL:crying:

Kazina

well maybe you could use a bit more of the fake it til you make it credo :tongue:
even tho you are trying you might still have the attitude that you're doomed to fail sabotaging you

Hathor

It must be so. But it is only recently I have noticed. Yet when obstructions persist, it may be the spirit saying "change direction". In the past, though, I have taken or been coerced into a path I didn't want to take, resented, raged and generally threw my toys out of the cot. But looking at the big picture which only emerges years down the line, it was the right path. But I don't have to like it ........ but life's what happens when you are making other plans *smile*