Libra/ Venus in hard aspect to Saturn rx.

Scorpiosun11

Libra/ Venus opposing Saturn rx.

I would love if folks could talk about how they may have harnessed this aspect in their lives. I am specifically interested in the opposition. Lots of info on the square. Liz Greene's book - Saturn, A New Look at an Old Devil was helpful.

To me, this aspect has felt elusive. I am 45 & still not able to find a mutual love relationship.

I completely relate to this interpretation. Dramatic but true. http://www.throughnightsfire.com/LoveandSaturnRetrograde.html
I really like her site & info provided.

Any successes out there & how did you do it?

SS11

Last edited:

Scorpiosun11

Wondering if anyone has lived experience and success, finally, after a mid-life transition?

Would love to hear how it was quelled, satisfied & strengthened towards the positive. I am studying astrology and loving it.

:)
Much thanks.
SS11

M

may28gemini

Well, I'm not sure if this will help but maybe this could give you something to think about.

My Dad is Scorpio Sun with Scorpio Venus conjunct Scorpio Saturn (by 1 degree-very close conjunction). My father is still attached to my mother, his first wife. Although they were very close early on, their level of closeness eroded to acrimonious interactions- they always clashed from as far as I can remember. My mother wouldn't fully give up power and allow my father to control her, and my dad didn't fully give up his quest to have control over my mother. Their relationship (during marriage and even after divorce) is a never ending battle. I say confidently that it's MOSTLY my dad's fault.

After years of pestering my mother and giving her grief, my mother gave in and asked if he wanted to get back together. My mother and I both think that question sent a jolt to him that he doesn't have a future with my mother if he was so wrapped up in the past. I think my father was in his mid 50s, possibly early 50s when he decided to find someone because he got to be so lonely and realized he must go out and seek a new future. I think this marriage works for my dad, not because he loves his wife (I highly doubt that because my dad obsessively and violently loves my mother) but he learned his lesson and now has to acquiesce giving up power in the relationship because he met a woman who is more of a power monger than him (an evil Virgo). If he fights his 2nd wife, it'll be the past repeating all over again.

I think the trick with Venus in hard aspect to Saturn is that the native has to either give up power and be controlled or they have to find someone who will surrender completely to them. There seems to be no in-between. Any sort of resistance seems to fuel more disruptions.

Scorpiosun11

Just out of curiosity maygemini, what sign is your mother?

It sounds like a fatal attraction. My sister is a Virgo and we can NOT get along or acquiesce to each other at all.....of course she would treat me like a piece of garbage.

It's very depressing that this may be a damned if you do, damned if you don't aspect. I just want to have, just once, that mutual open heart. I think my Saturn has much to do with my family, it feels like a bond I really want to break, but just can't. Though I do think the current transits are helping...to a degree.

Just do no know what the answer is, but in our generation, having an open loving bond where two people tackle their demons together, to grow, seems to be what I want. Such a **** Scorpio. I know, I'm not asking for much, but honestly, I could not take anything less. All I have been offered, is less. perhaps I'm just looking for the male version of me......hehehe.

Felt a possibility once, with another Scorpio.

Thanks for sharing you folks' story.

SS11

M

may28gemini

My mother is a Leo Sun but for all intents and purposes, she has a huge 1st house Virgo stellium of Asc, Mercury, Venus, Mars. She has 29 degrees Leo Pluto which conjuncts her early Virgo Mars. She was abused by men most of her life. First by her father, then her older brother, then her husband (my dad).

My mother is also very beautiful (Venus conjunct Asc) but she was never lucky and her beauty never got her anywhere. She's also extremely intelligent (dignified Mercury).

She also has 0 Scorpio Neptune which sextile her Mars and I suspect that plays its role in my mother sticking with by abusive men and finding good qualities about them. It doesn't really help matters much that her NN is in Scorpio which happens to loosely conjunct my father's Scorpio Sun by 7 degrees. Either way, my parents were meant to be... and meant to be entwined in this lifetime.

picture.php

Last edited:

fantasmo

Account Closed
Hello,

I thought I use this thread to ask people with venus square saturn a little bit about how they approach relationships.

Is it true that especially if you feel some kind of special chemistry you try to avoid a relationship? How does that feel? Do you say "Oh hot chemistry, I'll better leave." but why not say "Oh hot chemistry, let's go for it."?

That would be interesting to know:cool:

Scorpiosun11

There seems to be plenty of info & people's stories on line that speaks to the square. I think the opposition is different, personally. Also with Saturn being rx, it seems to perform differently.

The reason I posted this thread is to see if anyone had any personal experience & how they dealt with it, because I haven't found much out there.

Sorry I can't be of any help to you. Though I think perhaps, running from someone who may crack you open seems to be a theme. Inhibited is the word I would use for myself.

SS11

Last edited:

fantasmo

Account Closed
Thank you for your reply.
It's just because I realized I seem to attract these people a little bit, among those I like on first sight (which happens not very often) they are in the majority (actually always people I would describe as confidend not necessarily shy)...so I thought it's time to get to know them a bit better.

What means "inhibited"? Is this as stronger as the attraction is? Is this even if you're not a Teenie anymore but already around 30? Is this only "being a bit inhibited" or really actively going out of the way of a particular person?

Scorpiosun11

Actually inhibited is similar to shy. I appear confident to others and often too independent & self sufficient. However, below the surface I am reserved, inhibited or emotionally shy. My feelings remain deep & it's difficult to share them. The opposition for me gives an approachable surface but a fear of deep involvement.

Perhaps it is something in their venus & saturn that attracts them to you also. I don't know much about the square.

greybeard

I am always somewhat taken aback when people say "handle", "manage", "use", "control", "transcend"....an aspect.

It is my opinion -- and it is only that -- that we do not handle or transcend the aspects in our chart (the map of our destiny.) We live with them.

With time, persistence, conscious purpose, or the ever-popular and catchy word "intention," it may be that we can succeed in converting the more negative expressions of an aspect into more positive ones, but to say we have "used effectively" or "transcended" these aspects seems a bit ambitious to me.

Here is a fact about astrology. It works. It predicts your character and destiny accurately. Anyone with an open mind and the expertise needed to read a chart in its development over time can see this. In other words, each of us is born to a destiny, which we will live out with or without our consent. The path of destiny may lead us through a Rose Garden, or the Land of Milk and Honey. But just as often it leads through the Swamp of Despair. This observable,demonstrable fact is a pretty big bump in the road for the theory of free will.

I can't fly at will like a bird, or swim the oceans like the wandering whale. I can't get a U-Haul and move my kit to Windsor Castle and expect a big housewarming. I can only see and live life from my human perspective, a very limiting constraint; I am not and cannot be a tulip. I am born into a certain time in history, and that time binds me to its nature. I am a man or a woman and can't be the other. I am European, or African, Asian or "Pacific Islander," and these facts of inheritance limit me further.

It should be clear to anyone that free will, if it exists at all, is a very limited free will. It boils down to choosing between vanilla and chocolate. The people of the Sixteenth Century did not have that choice, and, we exclaim, here is proof of my ever-increasing free will.

I wiil use this gift to control my aspects, to transcend them and become even greater than I am. Lotsa luck, Kilroy.

"Dealing" with aspects is, most effectively and realistically, learning something about their nature, causes, effects and accepting them for what they are. In effect, handling your aspects amounts to seeing their expression in your own character and learning to love yourself just as you are.

If you manage to do that little trick (well, it sounds easy enough), then and only then are you in a position to "change" anything. Changing is not as easy as accepting. But change can't occur until there has been acceptance.

Spiritual growth is the result of or concomitant with growth of Consciousness (Awareness of Reality.) Delusion is a powerful barrier to spiritual growth. If we can't see reality for the smoke of delusion, we can't become aware. Most of us like to think we are This when we are really (at least some of the time) That. Ask me and I'll tell you what a good guy I am; ask my enemies and you may hear a different story. But I don't believe my enemies. For as long as we continue to delude ourselves about ourselves, our lives will continue along the path they have followed since before our memory.

A friend of mine believed, deep within herself, that she had let her younger sister down over the course of their lives. She looked carefully at all the past events and actions, and concluded that logically and rationally she had not let her sister down. But her deep feelings would not listen to nor accept logic and reason. She still felt guilty, as much as ever. How do our feelings (over which we have very little control in our natural state) influence the "determination" to overcome (transcend) our problem aspects?

In my personal chart there is a partile and applying quincunx between Moon and Uranus. Arc distance is 35'. The two planets are under the dominion of the same ruler, therefore similarly determined (or inclined). Moon is Lady of the Horoscope, and therefore highly influential in the life. Because the aspect is partile (exact) it indicates something in my nature that is very strong, and also shows catalyzing and fortifying events/conditions very early in life, and thus is deeply imprinted on my psyche. Do you really think I am am going to go to the spa, wash off this old aspect, and have the trainer rub me down with some mysterious essential oil guaranteed to "change the aspects of my personality"? I'm in my 8th decade of life now. Moon and Uranus are still there; they aren't going away. They together will cause certain kinds of events/conditions in my life until the day I die.

And I simply can't change that aspect. It is far too deep, too powerfully rooted in my being. Better than fight against it is to learn its meanings and expressions, to look in the mirror and recognize it as part of my self, to accept and love that part of me, and to learn in just what sort of situation the aspect is of benefit to me and the world. To wish to change the consequences of this aspect is a vain hope. Some things must be, even though we would will it otherwise.

Last edited:

astrology02

Hi Scorpio,

I have venus in libra squaring my saturn Rx in capricorn...by 1 degree -applying aspect. It has definitely been an aspect that has been a focal point in my life. As a child I had very low self esteem, to the point I wouldn't even go to the grocery store with my mom in fear of seeing someone I knew. I never had a lot of friends because I was very shy. All my friendships seemed to dissolve, because I subconsciously did something to turn people away. I have always wanted a best friend (venus in libra LOVES partnerships) ...but once they got too close too me, I would push them away. It was as though I was afraid that people would reject the real me. I hated who I was and thought that I was unlovable. When I was 19 I got involved in an abusive relationship but I was drawn to it because it provided me with the security of having someone. It was a false sense of security, but i never seen that. He cheated on me and did everything a loving partner wouldn't do...however I was fearful that I would never find someone again so I chose to remain in the relationship.

I think the turning point came when I turned 23 and realized that I had created all these experiences in my life. Part of it had to do with me taking responsibility for my unhappy relationships, broken friendships and being alone in life. That is when I turned to spirituality (like greybeard mentioned (great post :) ) . I was determined to find out how I could overcome this aspect. I got sick of reading all the negativity about this aspect because it only drew me farther down in a tail spin.

Step 1: I identified my subconscious thoughts that were causing me to be unhappy (low self esteem, "no one could ever love me" , "i'll always be alone". "it's not in the cards for me"

Step 2: I said to my self: I will no longer have self pity. I HAVE CONTROL OVER MY LIFE. (this was the hardest step for me). I had been programmed my whole life to have a depressed outlook on life...so this was very hard. But it was probably the most important change i had to make. If you believe life is out of your hands - you are giving away your power.

Step 3: I do meditation (that is focused on reprogramming your subconscious mind through subliminal messages) . I did one that focused on self love. I did this because no matter how many times I told myself I am worthy of love...there was a block...it just never sank in. So i do this meditation 30 min x 2 times per day...it really made all the difference.

Step 4: I did yoga / any type of exercise

Step 5: I decided I didn't need a relationship to be happy, instead I needed to focus on loving myself...because how could I ever expect anyone to treat me with respect if I hated myself.

Final step: I found someone who loves and respects me...i am A LOT happier now. But step 2 and 3 were very important for me to overcome the subconscious problems i had. But it is possible...i'm living proof...And I have venus square saturn, uranus, neptune, And jupiter...and they are retrograde too ! So don't let an aspect define your life...I took the challenges from my chart and learned from them ...but instead I decided to create my own life :D

fantasmo

Account Closed
I have venus conjunct saturn... but I would not say I feel completely unworthy and that stuff. But I sometimes realize thoughts like "Mh and when they know me, they will know my bad sides and then everything will start to go bad"...so i think of the end before it even has begun. But when I realize that I try to think "Hey who cares, good sides bad sides, I can not know in the beginning how things will go or end and anyway nothing is forever."

greybeard

Do I understand this?.... The square of Venus to Saturn no longer affects your life?

I have control of my life....

Beatriz worked hard and shepherded her money. And she could cook. Her Mexican restaurant prospered. Finally she sold the restaurant. Now she had enough money to be comfortable for the rest of a long life. Three years later Beatriz was destitute, and she was chained for life to a dialysis machine.

Sebastian was a good friend of mine. He had hired on with Utah Mining to help build the railroad in Mexico. Well paid, he took care of his money, and when the railroad job was done he stayed in Mexico, bought a large parcel of prime farmland and went into growing tomatoes. He was innovative, and soon became a millionaire. When I met Sebastian he was living on Mexican Social Security, his millions long gone. He had one fatal defect, probably caused by an obscure astrological aspect hiding in some dark corner of his horoscope. He was a Prospector at heart. Always looking for the Glory Hole, his millions had disappeared into empty holes in the earth.

Werner was a shrewd German Jew, a businessman. Whatever he put his hand to turned to gold. And then one day the Gestapo came to his door and Werner got on a train....

Muhammed Ali was The Greatest. No doubt of it. And then one day he noticed that he was shaking uncontrolably. Now we will find out if he is really a champion.

Charles Manson never had a chance. His mother sold him for a pitcher of beer. And even if he had had a chance, he wouldn't have taken it. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, and some horoscopes paint pictures of sow's ears.

Ngongodili lost her mother and her father to AIDS. She and her little brother are orphans, the poorest of the poor. No one much looks after them for we all have our own problems. Both of these kids will die young from the same disease that took their parents, and live in poverty and squalor for the rest of their short lives. I wish someone would go to Africa and teach yoga.

Vincent van Gogh was a character from Loony Tunes. He couldn't get anything right. He couldn't make a living; no love life; tremendous sadness at the cruelty and injustice all round him....he drank absinthe, cut off his ear, and ended up shooting himself with an old revolver.... But he could paint. Had he been a more normal human being, we would never have seen "Starry Night," or "The Prisoners' Walk."

Which begs the question, Are we to be the Judge of what is good in us, and bad? Is it possible that those bad things must be part of us in order to produce what we are meant to become? Does the universe work above and beyond our ability to see and understand?

I control my life, Yes indeed. Delusion prevents us from seeing Reality, from becoming aware.

Last edited:

greybeard

One solution to the "I don't understand my chart" syndrome is

To take the astrological aspects (and postions, etc.) out of the astrological context and put them in a real-life, "this is my personality" context.

Rather than saying, "I have Saturn Rx in Aries opposed to Venus", it becomes far more meaningful and useful to look at what Saturn Rx means, then Saturn in Aries, the condition of Mars (lord of Aries), and all the other things that will expand on or modify the "meaning" of Saturn in your particular horoscope.

If I can see that Saturn Rx in Aries (etc) results in certain attitudes and behaviors, and if I work out the meaning of Venus in the same way, then I can see how the Saturn behaviors and preconceptions affect my "love life" as portrayed by Venus.

As long as I hold on to the idea of "astrological symbols" instead of converting them to symbols actually describing me, I can't help but fall short in any interpretation or understanding.

astrology02

What greybeard said : "I have control over my life" is probably the most important concept to remember. You can think of a negative aspect as a curse or you can see it as a blessing in disguise. It can act as a catalyst for you to make the necessary changes in your life. The choice is yours. You have control of whether you want to keep accepting bad relationships or being alone OR whether you want to believe that you can be happy and deserve to be. For me, when i experienced true love my venus saturn square made it that much better because I remembered what it was like to feel completely alone and realized how blessed I was now in this moment in my life.

Now the venus square saturn still causes me financial stress...but it is because I haven't worked on my problems with money. Once I sit down and address those, I'm sure it will change too. But really I encourage anyone with saturn in hard aspect to do a meditation that reprograms your brain...because sometimes positive thinking doesn't cut it.

Scorpiosun11

Hi Greybeard,

Thanks for responding and sharing your thoughts. I understand what you write about believing we have control and can "handle" or "transcend" what is perceived as a negative aspect. I do believe that once we accept who we are changes come much easier. I look at these aspects as past life karma & childhood issues. I have taken some time to delve into the past, which, I am actually aware of. Sadly, some things are either buried too deeply or from a past life that we can only surmise. So perhaps, I am living out my destiny with this hard aspect. My chart has a (Grand cross?) hard aspect between Moon & Mars, Venus & Saturn rx, in the relationship houses. I have worked hard, tried to make changes but seem to always be in the same place, situation with time & place, people, space altered. My thread was in hopes to learn more about, specifically, the opposition between venus & saturn-wanting to hear personal experiences. The square seems to always show up & it isn't what I have-it's different. Through night's fire has an article-linked-that truly explains an experience of Saturn rx-it fit me to a T.

Reality is something I am trying to accept. I don't have mastery over the physical realm. Though I am a very REAL person, not given to flight of fancy, as I don't trust it. That is my dilemma-I am figuring it out and trying to find the self discipline to master the physical & create more fire. Mastery may not be a word you would choose, but it isn't an arrogant statement.

Due to childhood, subtle sexual abuse, I have a difficult time being in my body and it is likely, what I actually do remember, was the end of it. We are talking about pre-verbal from my mother. There have been great gains made in brining it to the light. My biggest issue is that I can put myself aside because I feel others' pain & it often leads me away from me.

Mostly, I do look at my strengths-it's been a mark of my life-my family were deeply chaotic & I run from chaotic feelings-though they ensnare me & I dislike it. Just once, I wanted to be the crazy one vying for attention, but I wasn't, I observed.

Perhaps there is no way out but acceptance. I believe we are here to grow. Astrological aspects can help to uncover areas of growth needed. These are deeply imprinted in the psyche. Thank you for sharing your own aspects, which are still with you in your 80's- Wow!! Ambition is not such a bad thing. Free will or even freedom is a mind over matter issue. I don't want to be greater, I want to be loved-because I am lovable. The way I love is through action-it isn't always accepted or liked. I am actively working on spiritual growth & commitment to it.

astrology02-

Thank you for sharing the ways in which you have worked with your square. I relate to much of the areas you wrote about. The self esteem, the desire for the relationship & the ways in which you worked on them and found some acceptance, which helped to solidify your needs & goals.

greybeard-

Yes this is what I do, attempt to put the aspects into the context of reality in my life. Much of what I read about the meaning of Saturn or the other planets involved, doesn't quite fit-yet I do relate to the Saturn rx from through night's fire article. If you look at my chart, you will see that the (Grand cross?) has much Saturn influence. I have felt restrained my whole life from freely living & loving in a magical sense. Never quite comfortable in my skin. Never knowing where I belong. I have moved around since I was 4. 3 different countries & never quite finding what seems to fit. It messes with the ability to grow in one place, with commitment, with acceptance of what is.

One astrologer, Laurence Hillman, that I have consulted with, stated that I am looking for the type of relationship that only a small percentage of the population actually want. He said most people are satisfied with much less. Perhaps I am unwilling to give that up. I am moving in the direction of putting myself into areanas of interest where I may meet like minded folks. This is the first time I have put my wants & needs into action. I am now 45.

astrology02-

I know we don't ultimately have control over anything. I also agree that there are areas of our lives that we can control or at least put focused effort into. Other than love, difficult finances have held me up also along with mild constant depression.

I also wanted to note that, from a metaphysical perspective, the lack of fire makes changes come sloooowwwww. It is a sluggish digestion issue & a metabolism issue.

Thank you both for taking the time to write. It is very enlightening to read.

SS11

Last edited:

greybeard

Hard aspects between Venus and Saturn often tend to equate love with duty. You said, "The way I love is through action-it isn't always accepted or liked, Sometimes love demands that we do nothing, even while our inner voice is screaming that we must help the object of our love. Duty is a word with deep and manifold meaning. The concept of duty is often at loggerheads with our inner moral code, causes conflict. Consider a conscripted soldier whose duty is to obey, but his orders -- if he carries them out -- strike at the very roots of his humanity.

Opposition aspects often indicate a situation, internal, external or both, that allow us to "have" one thing desired at the expense of the other. It's a "can't have your cake and eat it too" sort of aspect. It tends to create conditions that are difficult to change; there is some stasis involved with oppositions, because one energy pulls against the other and if they are equal in strength this results in a tug-of-war where there is little movement. This same aspect can indicate vascillation, going from one extreme to another. This alternation of attention, or application of energies, also makes for slow progress -- as when a sailboat is running upwind and must make frequent changes of tack. The opposition is a damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't sort of thing. It can create indecision, inaction, empty yearnings.... I often use the opposition -- depending on its interrelationship to the whole structure of the chart -- to show the core confict a person faces in life, what is at center in the life, what sort of dilemma the life turns on. If you actually have a grand cross in your chart, the situation becomes much more complex and difficult to deal with.

P.S.: Please don't make me older than I am. Being in my 8th decade puts me in my 70s, not 80s. The grave is gaping before me and I have no desire to hurry along my way.

Perhaps does not apply. There is no other way but acceptance. I call it surrender. In a recent post on another thread (I think it's about "fate and prescience"), tsmall says that she disovered that by "cooperating" with her fate, rather than fighting against it, good things came to her. Same idea: accept, surrender, cooperate. We could call it "doing your cosmic duty."

Jesus was about to be taken and sacrificed, and he knew it. He said, "Not my will but thine be done." When things didn't work out as he would have liked, he cooperated with the divine will (the reality of his circumstances) rather than trying to impose his own. He went forward to meet his fate, without fear or bitterness.

In (almost) every human being there exists a powerful conflict. On the one hand is what we pretend we are, what we think we are, what we think we should be or would like to be....and set off against that is what we actually are (but refuse to acknowledge) as portrayed by our thoughts, words and actions.

If you want to understand your Venus-Saturn oppositon, then evaluate each end of the opposition on its own merits....Venus as unrelated to Saturn (sign, house, condition of ruler, etc), and do the same with Saturn. Each end will describe a "component" of your personality in "real-life" terms, and then you can see where the conflict lies. Do you really know what Venus and Saturn symbolize, in and of themselves? Every planet holds myriad meanings. Study each planet as a "stand-alone" symbol....no signs, no houses, no aspects, no nothing. What does Venus symbolize? And Saturn?

Last edited:

Scorpiosun11

P.S.: Please don't make me older than I am. Being in my 8th decade puts me in my 70s, not 80s. The grave is gaping before me and I have no desire to hurry along

Greybeard,

I did wonder if I had that wrong. Sorry.:)

I appreciate your philosophical outlook & the time you took to write. I would like to send you a PM, when I am at a computer & can read as I write. If you would be willing to discuss the Grand Trine some more with me.

The word "surrender" has been whirling avidly in my mind for a few years now. My difficulty is the vacillation, because I'm so unsure what way needs my surrender. Not only that, O have no idea what healthy surrender looks like, feels like or is supposed to be. One needs a truly committed partner willing to go the distance. I either become so vulnerable that I am intensely needy or so aloof. Neither bodes well for keeping a relationship together. Unless I am willing to be the "enabler" or care taker of a much less aware partner. I am then neglecting who I am as a somewhat self aware human being. Will PM soon.

Much thanks to you,
SS11

AllanBeau

I'm going to have to read more of these responses later on. Got through about half of them.

I got Venus in Taurus opposed Saturn in Scorpio.

My relationships usually last for years. Most of my partners are WAY older then me... Couldn't see it any other way, always been attracted to older people. I don't seem to have the highest self-confidence when it comes towards relationships. Its like I feel that I am undeserving of it...Others can express their love for one another easier then I. I'm hard to love point blank.

Oh well...I really don't care about relationships. Taurus doesn't care about LOVE...that's the Libra side of Venus lol Taurus is more about Value and Self-worth.

I don't care about my appearance at all...Just throw on my clothes. Don't have that much money, used to living poor. I am such a thrifty shopper and never really buy anything nice for myself. I don't indulge in group activity. Complete loner...Enjoy solitude and my own company. Don't give a **** about being popular or accepted by others.

Underestimating my self-worth, giving others more credit than they deserve. Feeling less talented then others. These were feelings I had when I was younger. NOW I just don't care...

Oh well hope this helps?