My First Horary Question! will I move soon?

noideaaboutastro

This will probably be put into greenhorns as I am still in kindergarden.
I've tried to do this correctly. I am at the moment trying to move from the place I am living at over to the other side of town to a nicer place. Do you think I will move soon? Will it be to a better or worse location?

Rule Number One: Know who is who.

I am assuming it will have to be the fourth house since it is about moving house? I have moon Moon in Gemini and Sun in Cancer in the fourth house. The fact that the Sun and Moon are in the fourth house must be a good thing right? I have no idea what they mean as always.

Rule Number Two (the most important rule): Keep it simple at first.

The first house ruling planet is Uranus.
It is in Pisces.
The Moon is Gemini in fourth house.

I think that the Moon in fourth house is good but Uranus in Pisces sounds not good. The most problematic bit of this is that Uranus squares Moon.

Rule Number Three (Part One): Action equals answer.

????

Rule Number Three (Part Two): Horary is symbolic.

In the fourth house I have Moon so that means that I will move soon. I also have the Sun there.

Okay. Have I done it correctly? Take me to the kindergarden section now. LOL.

Attachments

• natalwhenwillimove.gif
    natalwhenwillimove.gif
    24.6 KB · Views: 198

archergirl

Well, you won't be put in the Greenhorns' Lounge since you made a (pretty good) first effort.:)

One note: we don't use modern rulers in horary. In other words, we don't use Neptune, Uranus or Pluto as main significators. Jupiter rules Pisces (and Sadge); Saturn rules Aquarius (and Capricorn); and Mars rules Scorpio (and Aries). So the ruler of your question will be Jupiter.

You've picked a tricky question; but the main thing to notice is that the Moon is combust. This almost always gives a 'no' to the question, because the Moon cannot act under the power of the Sun.

AG:)

noideaaboutastro

Woohoo AG. At least I didn't majorly stuff up!
Since I'm very new to this, could somebody please help me get a run down to all the elements influencing the situation? The Moon clashing with the Sun is upsetting, I don't want to take 'no' for an answer to moving:crying:. Does it give any explanation as to why?

archergirl

Hi there,

Okay, I'll break it down into its parts for you.

First, you need to be clear about what your question is. Is it, "Will I move soon?" or is it 'When will I move?'...they are slightly different, and in horary it pays to know exactly what you are asking, as it lends focus to the chart.

Moving from one place to another, we use the 4th house for where you are now (usually) and the 7th house (the 4th from the 4th) for the relocated place. Notice that Saturn is sitting on the 7th cusp; this gives a warning of difficulties and delays. Saturn almost always represents blockages.

The ruler of the 4th and 7th are the same: Mercury. Mercury has a lot of dignity in its own sign. Because we have the same planet for both places, this gives the impression that you won't be improving your circumstances by moving: it'll be much the same...or maybe worse, because Saturn sits on the 7th.

Your ruler, Jupiter, sits in the debilitating 12th house, retrograde. This shows that you will likely change your mind (and change it again), or that you are trying to 'go back' to something, etc...the symbolism of a retrograde planet will depend on your own context, but you will get the idea that things don't happen swiftly with retrograde planets because usually things change. Being in the 12th house and being retrograde debilitates Jupiter quite a bit, so you don't have much power to act.

The Moon has just separated from a trine to Jupiter, maybe showing a recent desire to move. That the Moon is in the 4th house does not give you an answer, but it does show where the focus of the question is. The Moon in horary will, in a good question, almost always be placed in the house of whatever is desired.

However, this Moon is applying to combustion, and the Moon is also debilitated by being in Gemini, the 12th sign from its own natural sign, Cancer. It makes no further aspects to anything before changing signs, and by then it will be totally consumed in the light of the Sun. This is what gives a 'no' answer, at least to the question of 'moving soon'. Since the Moon is also the 'engine' of a chart, having the Moon so badly debilitated sort of stops the action of the chart in its tracks. Being that the Moon is combust and that Jupiter is so debilitated, it may be a question of you being unable to move just yet, however much you'd like to.

A final thought, which may give a slight possibility of moving, is that Mercury, the ruler of the 4th and 7th, sits near the cusp of the 4th house, in a place of dignity. Planets near cusps are significant; so this shows that it may be possible to move a little further down the road. There are roughly four degrees between Mercury and the cusp, so it may be about 'four somethings'; probably months, before an opportunity will arise. You have used Placidus houses; traditionally we use Regiomontanus, which I have found to be more accurate in terms of timing...but we can still judge that the possibility is there in roughly 'four' whatever-time-units.

However, Mercury is also squaring both the Ascendant and the 7th house angles...again showing that you will find it very difficult to make a move, at least as quickly as you'd like.

Hope that helps.

noideaaboutastro

Thank you AG that was helpful. I think I know what it's trying to say. It is very upsetting though that it says my circumstances will change slightly for the worst:sad:. I'll see if I can be more insightful in my other horarys.

noideaaboutastro

Hi there,

Okay, I'll break it down into its parts for you.

First, you need to be clear about what your question is. Is it, "Will I move soon?" or is it 'When will I move?'...they are slightly different, and in horary it pays to know exactly what you are asking, as it lends focus to the chart.

Moving from one place to another, we use the 4th house for where you are now (usually) and the 7th house (the 4th from the 4th) for the relocated place. Notice that Saturn is sitting on the 7th cusp; this gives a warning of difficulties and delays. Saturn almost always represents blockages.

The ruler of the 4th and 7th are the same: Mercury. Mercury has a lot of dignity in its own sign. Because we have the same planet for both places, this gives the impression that you won't be improving your circumstances by moving: it'll be much the same...or maybe worse, because Saturn sits on the 7th.

Your ruler, Jupiter, sits in the debilitating 12th house, retrograde. This shows that you will likely change your mind (and change it again), or that you are trying to 'go back' to something, etc...the symbolism of a retrograde planet will depend on your own context, but you will get the idea that things don't happen swiftly with retrograde planets because usually things change. Being in the 12th house and being retrograde debilitates Jupiter quite a bit, so you don't have much power to act.

The Moon has just separated from a trine to Jupiter, maybe showing a recent desire to move. That the Moon is in the 4th house does not give you an answer, but it does show where the focus of the question is. The Moon in horary will, in a good question, almost always be placed in the house of whatever is desired.

However, this Moon is applying to combustion, and the Moon is also debilitated by being in Gemini, the 12th sign from its own natural sign, Cancer. It makes no further aspects to anything before changing signs, and by then it will be totally consumed in the light of the Sun. This is what gives a 'no' answer, at least to the question of 'moving soon'. Since the Moon is also the 'engine' of a chart, having the Moon so badly debilitated sort of stops the action of the chart in its tracks. Being that the Moon is combust and that Jupiter is so debilitated, it may be a question of you being unable to move just yet, however much you'd like to.

A final thought, which may give a slight possibility of moving, is that Mercury, the ruler of the 4th and 7th, sits near the cusp of the 4th house, in a place of dignity. Planets near cusps are significant; so this shows that it may be possible to move a little further down the road. There are roughly four degrees between Mercury and the cusp, so it may be about 'four somethings'; probably months, before an opportunity will arise. You have used Placidus houses; traditionally we use Regiomontanus, which I have found to be more accurate in terms of timing...but we can still judge that the possibility is there in roughly 'four' whatever-time-units.

However, Mercury is also squaring both the Ascendant and the 7th house angles...again showing that you will find it very difficult to make a move, at least as quickly as you'd like.

Hope that helps.

Well:wink: I moved early January, so that is about six months from the time I asked the question. To call it an upgrade is a complete understatement - I have just upgraded majorly.

I wonder if there was any symbolism of a young male in authority helping me in there? Things have gone so smoothly you would not believe.