person-place synastry!

fullmoonlibra

I want to move to another country.. I like the close sun-uranus, venus-moon and jupiter-mercury in the composite chart, but I can't figure the synastry chart out. Can someone give me some advice?

I only have found this on the INternet, and it doesn't tell me much:
When analyzing a person-place synastry, check the personal point and planetary aspects and the aspects between the jointly aligned Suns and Moons, Ascendant, IC and the planets. Having a cluster of planets from one chart fall into a cardinal house of the other (first, fourth, seventh and tenth), or nodal ties from the one chart to the Sun, or the Moon or the Cardinal Axis of the other (cusps of first, fourth, seventh and tenth) will show what drives the immigrant and what kind of reception he or she will get from the intended locality. Since we are talking about place/person synastry, it is important to focus more on how the place influences us than the other way around. In a person/place composite chart, an important relationship with a place is indicated by the same aspects and placements as in a person/person composite chart. These would be heavy angular placements; Sun and/or Moon connected with Saturn and the outer planets; planets conjuncting the Nodes, and so forth.

Last edited:

MaeMae

Banned
have you looked at the astrodienst astro~cartograhy option?
the chart grid's your planetary placements to points in a country/city chart. The whole world.
Mercury-sun lines would be beneficial for writing.
Also sun-jup lines or merc-jupiter lines will point you to location where those energies are best expressed.

fullmoonlibra

have you looked at the astrodienst astro~cartograhy option?
the chart grid's your planetary placements to points in a country/city chart. The whole world.
Mercury-sun lines would be beneficial for writing.
Also sun-jup lines or merc-jupiter lines will point you to location where those energies are best expressed.

Wow, that exists?? Where to find at that site?

MaeMae

Banned
i can dig it munch ~ siberia for me.
2nd best equal value ~
fairbanks, alaska
halifax, nova scotia
....smirking from lawn chair in 70' degree so. cal April.
living under natal sun-desc line since 1961 and entire life on west coast - long beach, san fransisco and portland. relationships 'r us.

it all depends on what we're looking for!

Munch

I live on the west coast too. I seem to flip flop between LA and Seattle a lot.

This is my Saturn/Jupiter line. Steady as she goes....

wintersprite1

Premium Member
The Astrocartography mapping at Astro.com is based off of the Ascendant. All of the planets have their own lines based on aspects with other planets, in addition to the one offered at Astro. I tried figuring out how to do it by hand... bah, and I gave up. Some programs do have the option to run lines for the natal planets or transiting to your natal chart at the time lines. (Astro does have an option for transits based on the Asc) I want to say it can be done with Solar Fire.

TK

MaeMae

Banned
you tried it by hand, WS?!
that's hard core.
in 1985, i spent $40 hard-earned bucks on an astro cartography chart from jim lewis.
it helped me two years later when i wanted to leave SF and was deciding between oregon and new mexico. i made the right choice and never regretted it.

wintersprite1

Premium Member
@ MaeMae
I picked up the book in the library, pre computer days. I should go try and find it again, I have learned much (including math) since those days. I have a strong Jupiter, as a child I had maps instead of teenybop posters in my room, always had dozens of penpals, even right now there is a globe in all of our bedrooms in the house... I was enchanted at the thought of Astrology and my Cartography fascination being combined.

Fullmoonlibra,
When you have a chance to sit down and think deeply of the things you want to accomplish in a new local, all the dreams and hopes. When you get that feeling of I need to know.. I need to know right NOW, I am going crazy not knowing. Then ask a question and look at the time. Create a horary chart and post it over in the horary section. Raphael (Robert Cross) and Alan Leo both have lists of countries represented in Horary ( I am sure others do also). I believe that Jacobson has formulas for distance that maybe we can tweek for how far away. If nothing else, horary can give you the physical direction and can hint at the flavor of the country.

TK

MaeMae

Banned
Also, simple astro cartography lines ~ where will i be best to write? mercury lines. sun creative force.
separate point ~ jupiter line, being published.
MC Asc line ~ recognition.
venus line ~ money.
concievably, one could plan their career timeline through locational astrology.

fullmoonlibra

The astrocarthography u talk about, is it at special charts, the astroworldmap? Do I have to look at close lines, coming together?
Or are regular lines ok? I habe found one line to the city I want to move to: IC Saturn..

Last edited:

fullmoonlibra

Update!

The city I want to move into, has the same sun sign as the mine.
Synastry aspects:
It's Saturn is conjunct my ASC.
It's North Node is in wide orb conjunct to my Sun and North Node.
It's Sun is conjunct my MC/Venus in tenth.
It's Jupiter/Venus (in my house of dreams and hopes, 11th) forms a grand cross and kite to my planets.
Another kite involved with my sun-pluto opposition and it's Jupiter/Venus - Pluto sextile.
A T square is there too, with focal point, my Jupiter in seventh conjunct it's Uranus in fifth house.

For composite chart:
A tight sun/Jupiter/Mercury conjunction.
One big lucky grand trine: Sun/Jupiter/Mercury - Moon - Pluto :tongue:!
And a Venus in Gemini conjunct MC opposite Neptune... But Venus is my aspiration in career, so I hope it's not that bad..

For the rest:
Woohoo I'm sooo going to be 'the writer' there!!!

But I'm actually not sure if I picked the right date of foundation. I picked the one on astrotheme, but the city is been taken after that. It's Istanbul, and it's not Byzantium, Constantinople anymore.. The date I took is 330, shouldn't I pick the date of 1453?
If it's 1453, than I have a saturn contact with my south node in synastry and that would be bad...

Last edited:

fullmoonlibra

Here is the synastry and composite chart. It looks promising to me :joyful: !

Attachments

• synastry me-city.jpg
    synastry me-city.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 29
  • composite me-city.jpg
    composite me-city.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 28