Death Transit?

RuledbySaturn

Can someone tell me what transits would indicate a possibility of death for a native? My assumption would be a malefic transiting over 8th house, but I could be wrong, so which planets and houses to consider? And should I consider aspects as well? Other techniques?

Please do NOT consider this subject "morbid" because the truth is, there are plenty of people who do not fear death (myself included). I am simply a very practical person, and if I can analyze my chart and see a possible "death transit," coming up for me, I'll simply hire an attorney and get my affairs in order.

As usual, please feel free to PM me if you can't discuss it publically. I am not going to post my chart here because most astrologers seem to have a problem with this subject. So if I can get some pointers then I will analyze my chart on my own. The truth is, I personally believe that every person has a few "check out" times to choose from, and ultimatly God and their Higher Self would decide whether to pick a particular "check out" point or to live longer because there are more work to do. I also believe that "death" does not have to be a physical one, it could be that over a particular transit, part of the person dies and he/she is reborn again...

In other words, please feel free to PM me because I do not fear it, and because knowledge is power.

Last edited:

Claire19

Can someone tell me what transits would indicate a possibility of death for a native? My assumption would be a malefic transiting over 8th house, but I could be wrong, so which planets and houses to consider? And should I consider aspects as well? Other techniques?

Please do NOT consider this subject "morbid" because the truth is, there are plenty of people who do not fear death (myself included). I am simply a very practical person, and if I can analyze my chart and see a possible "death transit," coming up for me, I'll simply hire an attorney and get my affairs in order.

As usual, please feel free to PM me if you can't discuss it publically. I am not going to post my chart here because most astrologers seem to have a problem with this subject. So if I can get some pointers then I will analyze my chart on my own. The truth is, I personally believe that every person has a few "check out" times to choose from, and ultimatly God and their Higher Self would decide whether to pick a particular "check out" point or to live longer because there are more work to do. I also believe that "death" does not have to be a physical one, it could be that over a particular transit, part of the person dies and he/she is reborn again...

In other words, please feel free to PM me because I do not fear it, and because knowledge is power.
Why not get your affairs in order anyway?? I have just done that and facing up to making a Will etc is a great relief. I think the 8th house can be involved yes, Pluto and Neptune. Also the 12th. There are many scenarios that herald death or passing over.......Depending on the nature of the death, i.e. Mars with Uranus, can mean a car accident for instance.
Neptune with Mars can herald drowning or dying of alcoholic poisoning or a mysterious death. Pluto with the Moon can mean breast cancer or stomach.......the easy aspects as well as the hard can be involved. However there have to be three pointers I believe and transits and progressions to back it up. I dont have any fear of death or passing over with my 8th house stellium.

RuledbySaturn

You mean one should also consider progressions besides natal and transit? How about solar return, and relocated chart for those who don't live in their birth country?

Did you mean there should be 3 indications in the chart at a particular time for it to be a strong enough indication that the Angel of Death might be coming? Thanks.

HeyPlayGirl

i also look at death as just another factual part of life and i'll say this before anyone else does but you really can't predict death for certain but i think there woudl be a hell of a lot of clues.
but it also all depends on WHY you want to know. if it's because you're suicidal look towards something like saturn transits or progressions or if you already have a disease there would be other things you look at or if you were about to undergo surgery and felt liek something may happen to you there are certain death stars that could pertain to that theres so many different aspects to look at.
if it helps my mother just had a car accident and she had some major mars and uranus transits all oppositions and squares that day.
for me, solar arcs has been the most accurate in PREDICTING events, i would definitely look into solar arcs. also, if you have children or a wife/husband you should try looking at their charts to see if theres anytyhing that symbolizes a loss or change of family structure in their lives so check their solar arc charts. you could possibly also check their natal charts for clues like i am a mother so i am represented by the moon in my son's chart and if he has moon square venus it could mean he felt unloved by me possibly because i wasnt there due to death and that was hard for him to understand or if you're male you would be the sun in their natal charts so maybe if they had sun square pluto or something it COULD mean they had some very negative views about you or anger becaue you "left" them. i hope i helped`
You mean one should also consider progressions besides natal and transit? How about solar return, and relocated chart for those who don't live in their birth country?

Did you mean there should be 3 indications in the chart at a particular time for it to be a strong enough indication that the Angel of Death might be coming? Thanks.

Last edited:

beatnikgirl

I think it's hard to have a definite inclination of death unless you start looking at arabic parts. Simple transits to the 8th if you say you are inclined to put your money and estate in order wills etc could really just be an indication of that action after all 8th house is not just about death it's about other peoples finances as as well wills etc.
I would look at the 8th, what's transiting the 1st House, the 6th maybe indicating illness. Anything making hard aspects to Pluto. If you have planets natally in your 8th house are there any major conjunctions or hard aspects happening to them as well. Oh and the Sun I've found as a symbol of the life force, so Pluto or Saturn making opposition to the sun while there are other hard aspects can indicate death. But again all of this stuff can equally mean doing some work on this thinking about death and loss of someone close. When I was a child Pluto spent a long time moving through my 8th house, only when it was direct my sun and 4 other hard transits were in place an actual death occurred that of my grandfather ( father figure) yet it was moving through that house for many years without any losses or fatalities.
So it's hard to know which way transits to the 8th are going to turn out.

LionKing

Death as of late has caught my interest. My ex father-in-law passed away 15 days ago in August. We shared the same birthday. August 16. I knew he was dying of throat cancer. Three days after our birthday... I was given the message that he had passed away. On the 19th of August the Moon was in Leo.

My first ex wife was killed in a car wreck back in 2006. It was in October, her birth month. She would have been 36, but she drove home in the rain and suffered a head on collision with another vehicle. The Sun was 22 degrees Libra. My natal Sun is 23 degree Leo. There was also Saturn at 22 degrees Leo, her natal ruler Mars was also 24 degrees Libra on that day. I also noticed that the Moon was in Leo.
Very very strange. V/r LionKing

Last edited:
Have you tried using our 'search' feature, bit like google. Personally I don't like to dabble, I don't think it's healthy and there is absolutely no certainty or 'death signature' which has ever been found viable or reliable.

Having said that my old teacher suggested maybe Saturn/mars midpoint and T Pluto. I myself had T Pluto conj my MC when my father died, mother had T Pluto conj her sun. I would also think if I was elderly T Pluto conj Asc (physical body) could signify your body dying. How you die is another topic and supposedly assessed by 4th house planets or house cusp ruler, not forgetting 8th house matters. :crying:

Last edited:

starlink

RuledbySaturn, I would not even go there if I were you. First of all it would be unethical to predict death for another person. Secondly, you would only worry yourself sick when we would give you all sorts of tips here, like Pluto conjunct your Sun or God knows what else. So what is the point?

I could have died at least 6 times already, when I look at the transits I had over my Ascendant, through my 4th house (of endings) and my 8th house of Death and 6th house of illness. I have a T-square between Pluto (lord of death) and Sun and Moon. Now everytime the opposite point of the Apex (Pluto) is triggered, that T-square turns into a grand square and everytime my Sun and Moon (vital planets) are being hit. Like I said, it could have been my death on those occasions and nothing like that happened, not even a near death experience.

My suggestion to you is to please do not get into these things. I know, very alluring, especially if you have Scorpio strong in your natal chart, but it wont give you answers.

Starlink:)

ariel

Hello there,
first of all, I don't think anyone can really predict your own death. I once read in an article that people often die under a positive Jupiter transit. In case you have Mars in your 8th house, it could indicate a violent death, or accident.:bandit: Your parents' or spouse's death is easier to see in your horoscope/transit.(Pluto in difficult aspect to Sun) But there's no way to predict your own death. Let's not forget that astrology is always a reflection of reality, and it just isn't part of reality to predict such a thing.
Cheers,
Ariel

LionKing

I don't know Ariel... I'm a little troubled with that one. I believe it can be done to see if death is close. My memory tells me that William Lilly has wrote some on this.

The only reason that I will do something like that would be to expect the unexpected. Kind of like... Pray for the best but prepare for the worst. And if I see it... I will keep it to myself.

In saying this... don't think that I will start calculating my end time. I'm the kind of guy that argues with the "nay" sayers. :wink: V/r LionKing

AquariusT

Hello there,
first of all, I don't think anyone can really predict your own death. I once read in an article that people often die under a positive Jupiter transit. In case you have Mars in your 8th house, it could indicate a violent death, or accident.:bandit: Your parents' or spouse's death is easier to see in your horoscope/transit.(Pluto in difficult aspect to Sun) But there's no way to predict your own death. Let's not forget that astrology is always a reflection of reality, and it just isn't part of reality to predict such a thing.
Cheers,
Ariel

I never thought Jupiter was positive anyway. It can be very very bad.

ariel

Hello Lion King,
yes, yes, one can definitely tell when they're about to die in the close future - this is quite common, even among people who aren't usually intuitive. I'm just saying that death is not something to be "calculated" when you're young. There are limits to what astrology can do. Prediction is anyways a tricky matter - and astrology is often misunderstood for that reason.
Cheers,
Ariel

HeyPlayGirl

I never thought Jupiter was positive anyway. It can be very very bad.

ahh please don't say that, my jupiter return is one of the only things keeping me away from suicidal thoughts right now (i know, i know, most jupiter returns aren't as spectacular as they sound anyway). ahhh, i take it back, i think i actually DO want to know what the bad side of jupiter is, can anyone tell me? other than weight gain and laziness? ugh

anyway i also heard of a few people dying during their jupiter returns, i actually heard it a few times recently and was a bit shocked, one i remember was marilyn monroe, but i can't remember any others.

starlink

what the bad side of jupiter is, can anyone tell me? other than weight gain and laziness? ugh

Extravagant behavior, extravagant expenditure, throwing away your money, extravagant drinking (with Venus) or eating. Jupiter enlarges everything, so that is about the worst you can expect with Venus. Overdoing everything.

Yes, Jupiter transits are often seen when people die, probably showing the freeing of the soul or something. Also the 11th house actually.