• Schizophrenia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Borderline Personality Disorder

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Autism/Aspergers

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Psychopathy/Sociopathy

• Dissociative Disorder (Multiple Personality Disorder)

• Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

• Eating Disorder

• Chemical Dependence

• Mixed

• None/I don't believe in Mental Illnesses

• Total voters

JUPITERASC

Sorry, used to have that all bookmarked before my laptop crashed a while back. There wasn't much on it though, just a tidbit. I have read Mars in the 12th. for this too, that others have pointed out earlier in the thread. Mercury does represent the 3rd. though. So I can still see how it can be used.

One thing I found interesting was the Arabic point used to calculate siblings

*=ASC + Mars - Mercury

I did find this exercise completed by advanced students to determine the death of a sibling (brother). I believe it involved the 12th, and 3rd. house too. Various methods were used by different students though. If I find the other tidbit about Mercury in the 12th. I will post it!

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~dymock/instal25.html
http://www.universalastrologer.com/lots.html
Lone Wolf - It's useful to be aware that although astrologers tend to all have different opinions and therefore frequently disagree, that does not necessarily mean that any astrologer is 'right' or 'wrong' - just that each astrologer prefers different methods :smile:

For example here's a link to a free arabic parts calculator at http://www.noendpress.com/pvachier/arabicparts/index.php notice that Part of Siblings is shown as ASC + Saturn - Jupiter

That does NOT mean that ASC + Mars - Mercury is 'wrong' though! Just that there are different opinions regarding methods

It's too general a statement to claim that Mercury in 12th always indicates the death of a male sibling because obviously not everyone with Mercury in 12th has a deceased male sibling.

Mercury does not necessarily represent the 3rd. Sun, Moon, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Venus could also rule 3rd depending on the sign on the cusp. Eclipses and fixed stars are important considerations also

Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf - It's useful to be aware that although astrologers tend to all have different opinions and therefore frequently disagree, that does not necessarily mean that any astrologer is 'right' or 'wrong' - just that each astrologer prefers different methods :smile:

For example here's a link to a free arabic parts calculator at http://www.noendpress.com/pvachier/arabicparts/index.php notice that Part of Siblings is shown as ASC + Saturn - Jupiter

That does NOT mean that ASC + Mars - Mercury is 'wrong' though! Just that there are different opinions regarding methods

It's too general a statement to claim that Mercury in 12th always indicates the death of a male sibling because obviously not everyone with Mercury in 12th has a deceased male sibling.

Mercury does not necessarily represent the 3rd. Sun, Moon, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Venus could also rule 3rd depending on the sign on the cusp. Eclipses and fixed stars are important considerations also

Sure, I totally agree!

The list of Arabic points I posted actually does point out quite a few different ways to calculate siblings though. I was really surprised to find such a complete list, and actually wasn't looking for it, so bonus! I'll have to try my hand at a few of those calculations.

Humanitarian

As a person who has Autism, there are some astrological indicators for Autism:
Mercury in Capricorn/Aquarius
Mercury OOB (Decl. above or below 23°27' either N or S, so farther than the tropics)
Mercury as your Chart Ruler (Adds importance to the mind)
Mercury aspects with Pluto (Special interest is a symptom of autism, and Pluto adds importance to "special" and obscure things)
Mercury aspects with Saturn (Saturn LOVES routine and consistency, and autism loves that)
Uranus aspects with Mercury (Unusual communication style)
Mercury conj. North Node (Mercury is social, and North Node is what you are new to, so for you, communication isn't familiar at all and so you have communication issues because you don't communicate much in your former life)
Uranus in 3rd house/6th house
Saturn in 3rd house/6th house
Chiron in 3rd house/9th house
Mercury conjunct Chiron (Fear of speaking up, because you were traumatized by others who doesn't accept you for having autism your whole life and because your communicational manner isn't aligned to the starus quo at all)
Et cetera
Edit: I meant to vote Mixed, but I don't see that and vote Autism/Aspergers (I'm an HFA)

Last edited: