Family in the Birth Chart

Hi,

Could anyone help me how to identify the family in the birth chart. Any information which contains the family regarding the houses and planets.

Planets

Sun - Father

Moon-Mother

Venus - Mother/Sister

Mars -male children

Jupiter - uncle, aunt, grandparents.

Saturn -Father

1st house-two of your grandparents, nieces, nephews on one side of the family, your great grandchild.

2nd house-Your cousins children on one side of the family.

3rd house siblings especially the first

4th one of your parents, cousins on one side of the family, one parent in law

10th one of your parents

Does anyone have any information on the family in the chart. I'm really not sure if I have some of this information right. :confused:

Miss S

Sanem

Hey Miss,

From what I read, 4th House would be the mother (being the house of Cancer, Moon, family...), 10th House being the Father (rules, self controle, self-discipline, rationality, role in society...).

But it has been argumented (by Liz Green amongst others) that the two are interchangeable. In modern society men and woman tend to change social roles, as well as the role of the mother in teaching rules to the child.

Judging from my own graph, I would indeed say 10 House (Saturn in Scorpio) is my father, and 4th (Mars in Gemini opposed by Saturn) my mother (since I learned from other sources that my father has a negative effect on my Marsian energies).

Interestingly my mother would possibly also oppose my Marsian energies, which would be my Neptune in 12th square Venus and Mercury in Aries in 2nd House.

Or now that I think about it, she's more likely my Moon in Cancer in 7th opposite Ascendant (Capricorn).

Also interestingly, my dad's also a Capricorn Ascendant, and my mom's a Cancer.

Francesca

I used to feel the fourth house was mother, but now I'm pretty convinced it's the father in America, due to the changing roles. When my mother died a few years ago, the 10th was very active, the fourth quiet.

lilllybelle

Jupiter and the sun are in my 10th house and neptune is in my 4th. My mother went away for a long time and didn't raise me. My father raised me and loved me a lot. It seems my 10th is my father and the 4th my mother. My father was the one who nutered me while my mother played the role of deadbeat dad who didn't pay child support or come around for visits. So in a sense the parent who took on the traditional role of a mother(my father) is in my 10th and vice v. Lilllybelle

Manic_Monday

My Moon is in the Tenth House (together with Pluto). I think it symbolises both of my parents. My mum has Saggitarius or Capricorn ascendant - she doesn't know her exact birthtime and they both fit her. My father's a Cancer with Cappy Moon.
They're both ambitious, always want to be the best. They're hard workers. They push me to achieve things.

My Family in my birth Chart

Father

Pisces Sun 7th Oppposed Virgo Saturn in 1st
Sun conjunct Aquarius Mars 6th house

Lost my Father at 18yrs old so that would explain ( Sun 0pposed Saturn which can mean absent father, but then he was there for most my childhood, but I guess he did work a lot )

Saturn in the first conjunct my ascendant, I read in Parkers Astrology can mean death of father.

Sun conjunct Mars well my dad died of a heart attack Sun can represent heart and quite literally Mars attacks. With Mars in 6th house of health in sign of Aquarius which can represent circulation problems.

I know these are sort of health issues and maybe off the subject. I guess the general meaning would be absent father, Mars in 6th - my father was a hard worker, and when he couldn't work due to arthritis in the legs, he got quite obsessed, and he worried all the time about little things, I have Saturn in Virgo, Self critical.

Mother

Moon in Pisces
Moon conjunct Mercury
Moon Square Neptune
Moon Trine Uranus
Moon Trine Jupiter

Moon in Pisces square Neptune- Again I can only seem to think of the health aspects connected to this, my mums health was quite weak when I was younger she still has to take loads of tablets today. Always complaining about health issues. Never out of the doctors.

When I was young she did play the victim a lot, because I would only do the slightest thing, and she would get really emotional and " why are you doing this to me" call me selfish and then go on to say everything she has done for us and this is how we act. You sort of get the picture.

Also she was the boss in the family, if you take my venus in to account my venus squares pluto and this would explain the emotional outbursts.

As far as my siblings go in my family I rarely see them, apart from the odd get together, this would expain my Uranus in the 3rd.

While typing this I realized something, I have only pointed out all the negative meanings of my aspects and placements which are connected to my parents. I have painted a really unfair picture of them.

Yet these are my traits, this is my birth chart. Maybe this is why they say you can grow up to be just like your parents. The character traits I dislike in my parents are exactly the aspects of myself I don't like.

Miss S

Hi Sanem,

Judging from my own graph, I would indeed say 10 House (Saturn in Scorpio) is my father, and 4th (Mars in Gemini opposed by Saturn) my mother (since I learned from other sources that my father has a negative effect on my Marsian energies).

If you don't mind me asking, what the relationship is like with your father, Mars in 4th house means your powers of self assertion are unconscious, buried by having had the the actions of others overwhelm you in some way. Whatever or whoever it was could well be making you feel very angry, but unconsciously, with it being a 4th house placement. Mars Opposition Saturn how is this working for you being an opposition between the 4th and 10th house. Do you find you suffer with a great rage you don't know what to do with and because you find it hard expressing your anger does your anger build and then you really lose your temper.

I am interested becauase my ex partner had this aspect, his father was very cold and domineering towards him, quite harsh and unsensitive. I realize these are personal questions and you really don't have to answer them if you would feel uncomfortable.

With the Moon in Cancer my mother has this placement and she was mistreated by her mum, and I used to think Moon in Cancer I would have thought they would be quite caring but here is a short description on Cancer Moon -The past is a frequent subject of reflection and nostalgia and the subjects childhood background may be allowed to dominate his outlook on life. Coming to terms with the attitude and treatment recieved from parents, whether beneficial or difficult, may take longer than for other Moon placings.

I understand if you don't want to answer these questions, you have a lot of placements concerning issues with family.

Miss S

Sanem

Hello Miss S,

I do want to answer your questions, although I missed this post until now, and they're also very difficult questions.

When I started with astrology, a chart analysis my dad bought me indicated that I would feel surpressed by my father in some way, experience him as dominating.

3 years later I am starting to understand that: I am starting to realise just how sensitive I am to anything my father says, always afraid he'll disaprove of me, and am having the greatest difficulty to do things which I think might cause his disaproval (contrary to my mom, of whom I assume she'll love me no matter what stupid thing I may do or say, so I'm not too emberassed to do them).

His own father was very dominating. I think he isn't towards us on a concious level, he's a good father and makes an effort to affirm myself and subdue my fears, as well as respect my sensitive Cancer side.

Problem is I think on a subconcious level he is rather dominating, he can be very overpowering in his reasoning (lot of planets in 8th and 9th). He was also very abscent from my life until I was 16 something, although we are pretty close nowadays.

Curious what you said about Cancer Moons taking longer to come to terms with what their parents taught them: through astrology and especially something called "emokinesiology" I'm currently, at the age of 21, strongly confronting my subconcious child hood exerpiences, particularly the ways in which I experienced my parents, and how this effects my daily life. Perhaps my Jupiter in 1th in Aquarius?

Something else: I've never been a competitive person, I've always avoided any fight I was confronted with. On one hand I believe this is my Cancer side, I'm very sensitive to other people's emotions.

But on the other hand I've on occasion experienced a strong amount of surpressed anger, which when released scares people and to my impression strongly alters their view of me (but that's an impression, I think I only "expressed" it in public once, during a very Martian martial arts class: the teacher goaded me into it, the sneaky *******, I'll always thank him for it :D [he was very Cappy himself, I figure I appreciate people who can get the best out of me]).

I also believe it is the reason why I never had a girl friend, and possibly results in sexual obsession (sex being perhaps the pinacle of Marsian energy). Well, combined with my Venus Conj Merc in Aries square Neptune which makes me hypersensitive to female beauty.

mathur_dinesh

Family in Vedic astrology is represented by the IV house from the ascendant. The IV house is the mother and the IX father. The Moon is also the mother. Therefore the II house from the natal Moon is also the house that represents Mother. This can be said for any aspect of life. Venus represents the wife as does the VII house. Therefore, the VII house from natal Venus shall also represent wife. In fact, the house taken from the significator is specific for an aspect of life unlike the house taken from the ascendant. Let us take an instance. The IV house from the ascendant represents vehicle, mother, mind, property etc. A planet related to the IV house could cause matters relating to any of these aspects of life.Venus represents vehicles too. Therefore a planet that is rlated to the IV house from the ascendant and to the IV house from natal Venus shall clearly cause matters relating to vehicle to arise.

Ihatelawschool

my dad's sun is closely conjunct to my moon (his sun and my moon are both 15 degrees cancer)-so I think the moon/mother correlation isnt always accurate. Also, the group of planets in my fourth house also point to an...interesting...relationship that I have w/my dad =)

BorX

Question!!!

I'm trieng to learn what planet/house/sign etc reprezents the mother-in-law, father-in-law, son-in-law, daughter-in-law ?:confused:

mathur_dinesh

An astrological rule that does not apply to every chart cannot be a rule, since the astrologer will not know to which chart it would apply and where it would not. So, either the IV house from the Moon represents the mother or it does not in any chart.
Since the Vedic astrology is sidereal and western tropical, rules that are true for one may not be so for the other one.