progressed MC

cutesag

Hi everyone!

I've been looking for info on progressed MC in the signs and really I haven't found anything!!

Last edited:

cassanra

Your progressed AC would give different outward expressing energies. I am not sure the progressed MC (representing authority, public) would have you chatty. It may infer more writing? or increased communication in your work as one possibility.
I looked back to my last change in MC which was 20 years ago. That few years I was graduating from college. The MC moved from Capricorn to Aquarius (social). I was looking for my first job, moved to another state, found my first real job and began my career thus it might be connected to that....so interestingly enough 10 years from now MC will progress into Pisces. I do not plan on retiring for another 15 or so but maybe that shows that trend of compassion and change in that energy.

Lynda

Did your friends move overseas because of work commitments?

I am hoping that my change of progressed MC coming up very soon is related to my finding another job.

piercethevale

Greetings cutesag. I interpret chart axis with Sabian Symbolic interpretation.
By this technique the Asc., Desc., I.C. and M.C. represent the WHO, WHERE-TO, HOW and WHY of your existence.
This Chart Axis analysis is your 'War Strategy' for life to use an asimile. Thus a progressed charts axis analysis by the same method produces your 'current battle plan' to make anoher asimile in the same vein of understanding.
As I understand your current M.C. to be in the 30th degree of Taurus [note: anything past 29* 00' 00" is in the 30th degree of a sign] then your current M.C., the WHY of your current situation is represented by this degree Sabian Symbolically. HOW you are to achieve this is by applying the symbolism of the I.C. that is the 30th degree of Scorpio.
Check the current Part of Fortune, Part of Sudden Advancement and the Part of Catastrophe symbolically too, to know what to do in addition and what to avoid doing.

The_Sundance_Kid

I think that if the MC show's our aspirations, basically what we can take our chart and strive to achieve with it, then a progression will show a change in aspiration.

So while before you thought it was worthwhile to achieve something Taurean, now maybe Gemini-related aspirations might seem more obvious to you, to supplement your natural Taurean ones. That is the very least that is supposed to happen- everything the others said might also happen!

My MC just progressed from Virgo to Libra, so I will keep you posted if I note any changes. Maybe I'll learn to be more sloppy as long as the overall look is good. That's professionalism :D

piercethevale

cutesag said:
Hi piercethevale

Thanks for your insight. I looked at the natal and progressed angle symbols:

Natal MC: 26-27 deg Aries
Through Imagination A Lost Opportunity Is Regained

Natal AC: 7-8 deg Leo
A Communist Activist Spreading His Revolutionary Ideals

Natal IC: 26-27 deg Libra
An Airplane Sails, High In The Clear Sky

Natal DC: 7-8 deg Aquarius
Beautifully Gowned Wax Figures On Display

Prog MC: 29-30 deg Taurus
A Peacock Parading On The Terrace Of An Old Castle
moving to: 0-1 deg Gemini
A Glass-Bottomed Boat Reveals Undersea Wonders

Prog AC: 3-4 deg Virgo
Black And White Children Play Together Happily
moving to: 4-5 deg Virgo
A Man Becoming Aware Of Nature Spirits And Normally Unseen Spiritual Agencies

Prog IC: 29-30 deg Scorpio
Children In Halloween Costumes Indulge In Various Pranks moving to: 0-1 deg Sagittarius

Retired Army Veterans Gather To Reawaken Old Memories

Prog DC: 3-4 deg Pisces
Heavy Car Traffic On A Narrow Isthmus Linking Two Seashore Resorts
moving to: 4-5 deg Pisces
A Church Bazaar

I'm not sure how to interpret all this. Do you know a site where I can see the interpretation?

Thanks
Sag

Cutesag, I would interpret thus: Your prog. Asc. is about becoming aware of the fact that there is/has been 'Spiritual' guidance and intervention all along...that even in your most desolate of mements you were never alone...that there 'Are no accidents' in life', that everything has been for a reason...leading you to your prog. Desc...in that once you understand that this guidance and intervention has been there all along, that life is 'ritualized benificence' [Dane Rudhyars' words for Pisces 5*] when you live it as our creator intends you to.
The prog. I.C. at Sag. 01* indicated to me that when you realize and re-affirm that there is a 'War' going on on Earth and etherically around us between those that bow to the light and those that bow to the darkness you will achieve a state where some of the 'mysteries' you seek answers to will be revealed.
I know of nobook that attempts to interpret all the possible Sabian combinations in this manner as perscribed by Rudhyar. All interpretations must be looked at afresh by each recipient, meditated upon and applied in context to their own life and situation.

S

starnoud

I love this subject, the progressed MC. Maybe because my natal Sun , ruler of MC in Leo, is conjunct Northnode and Saturn ? I think so, because 'the position in the world' keeps me busy all my life (thank you Northnode, not LOL).

And I love to look closer to the Sabian Symbols here, as well.

The MC is really something that 'shows' in our lifes, therefore my Virgo Moon agrees with the idea (I just got !) to write a book or whatever about the MC.
Anyway, I hope this thread about the MC and progressed MC will become a big one, and I am intending to keep posting on this line. This MC thingy is really worth the attention when it comes to practical astrology. For those who not always want to get involved with the psychological blah blah hehe;)

I want to end this one (for now) , by saying that I will always look at what the ruler of the MC or progressed MC sign is doing. And I wont stop talking about that either. It's funny how i sometimes (or was it often) found the ruler of MC-x to be conjunct the ruler of Progressed MC-x , at the moment when the change (into the next sign) took place....
.... so that the change wouldnt be too much of a shock.... right?

The_Sundance_Kid

Interesting! Maybe my situation might be of interest of you.

My old MC ruler, Mercury is progressing into Sagittarius, it's fall sign, AND is losing its MC rulership. These are bad times for my Mercury, its losing its power. It is also setting off my big Venus-moon Yod thing but that's another thread.

And at the same time Venus is becoming MC ruler, I'm discovering all the reasons it is dignified, in progressions it is direct and returning to its natal. And I'm uncovering its role in my Yod. At the same time the moon is progressing onto my IC and into Aries and so is beginning a new Zodiac cycle.

I think this is a very pivotal and smooth transition of power from Mercury to Venus, will try to re-connect with her :)

S

starnoud

Glad you like it Cutesag.
I just thought , let's see what 'happened' when my MC changed. So I had to go back to 1997, have a look
http://www.astro.com/cgi/showgif.cgi?lang=e&gif=astro_52gw_04_arnoud_199785.76231.16263.gif&res=100&va=&cid=gzcfilezvKSyh-u1177533728

It is quite funny: although its not drawn in this chart, in my method I use Vulcan (with another table, it's in a book I have: The new planets Vulcan and Persephone by George Bode) and Vulcan is ruler Virgo there. To be short:
Sun in 18 Taurus (my natal Vertex!??) is kinda conjunct Vulcan in aprox 23 Taurus.
So that's the MC and next MC. Leo and Virgo. But there is more: I checked the IC as well and guess what....
Old IC Aquarius (in my system Priapus ruler) and new IC Pisces (ruler Neptune).... they were exact conjunct ! It's in 25 Scorpio, Neptune and Priapus (the opp of Lilith).

So old and new MC rulers were conjunct at that moment in 1997.
And old and new IC rulers were conjunct as well !! How odd !

piercethevale

Cutesag. As I have been taught and believe that the 12 house cusp is symbolically ones' answer to the problems of the world then a progressed 12th house cusp symbolic interpretation is also worth a glimsp as well as the major Arabic Parts such as Fortune, Catastrophe, Sudden Advancement and Benifits & Increase [$]...it works for me...ptv

S

starnoud

Cutesag, I tried for more than an hour.... can't find your chart or a clear picture (some chart you posted is not very clear to me).
Please let me know ur birthdata.

natasa812

piercethevale said:
Greetings cutesag. I interpret chart axis with Sabian Symbolic interpretation.
By this technique the Asc., Desc., I.C. and M.C. represent the WHO, WHERE-TO, HOW and WHY of your existence.

Check the current Part of Fortune, Part of Sudden Advancement and the Part of Catastrophe symbolically too, to know what to do in addition and what to avoid doing.

Very well spoken as also as simple and practical. Never thought about it in this way. I`ll do it myself too because I am interested in career matters also.

Useful advice
Thank you
Best r
Natasa

Lkb273

Your progressed AC would give different outward expressing energies. I am not sure the progressed MC (representing authority, public) would have you chatty. It may infer more writing? or increased communication in your work as one possibility.
I looked back to my last change in MC which was 20 years ago. That few years I was graduating from college. The MC moved from Capricorn to Aquarius (social). I was looking for my first job, moved to another state, found my first real job and began my career thus it might be connected to that....so interestingly enough 10 years from now MC will progress into Pisces. I do not plan on retiring for another 15 or so but maybe that shows that trend of compassion and change in that energy.

I've just asked a similar question in another thread. My MC is progressing to Gemini, and I just graduated with my bachelors on Sunday, and will start my professional career next Monday. It feels like an exciting/electric energy for me and this new career is definitely something a lot different and more free than what I had been previously doing. Its an exciting time!

vanila

cutesag,

my experience with the change of the sign of the progressed MC...
it has changed sing when I was 12 years old...
I had a period in my life then that was dramatic ....it really changed me and my life direction....but everything is for good....
:smile:

Claire19

Hi everyone!

I've been looking for info on progressed MC in the signs and really I haven't found anything!!

Thing is, recently my progressed AC entered Virgo, progressed sun entered Cap and progressed moon entered scorpio (not sure if in this order :D ). Anyway, for someone with no earth in birth chart, you can imagine I've been acting very differently of late (grounded, workaholic, and MOODY :eek: ).

Now, I find out the progressed MC is at 29 Taurus, so will move to Gemini soon and oppose my natal sun at 2 Sag :eek:

I can't find any info on MC in Gemini, but I'd imagine I'll become very chatty and will engage in writing a lot :confused:

What do you think? This seems to be imp as progressed MC will oppose natal sun too!!

Sag
By itself a progressed MC is not really effective unless you have a transit that aspects it and your natal MC at the same time. Unless you have Gemini planets, a strong Mercury or 3rd house in your natal chart. you will not likely notice a diference with chattiness, writing, siblings, neighbours, friends or other Gemini things. i.e. unless your natal MC opposes or otherwise aspects your natal Sun in Sagittarius there wont be much effect felt.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Thing is, recently my progressed AC entered Virgo, progressed sun entered Cap and progressed moon entered scorpio (not sure if in this order :D ) Now, I find out the progressed MC is at 29 Taurus, so will move to Gemini soon and oppose my natal sun at 2 Sag :eek: I can't find any info on MC in Gemini, but I'd imagine I'll become very chatty and will engage in writing a lot :confused: What do you think? This seems to be imp as progressed MC will oppose natal sun too!! Sag

When a progressed planet changes signs, it represents a significant event... so it's a good idea to be taking notice when your progressed Sun is changing signs.

http://www.alanoken.com/newsletter/Jul08/THE PROGRESSED SUN AND THE SIGNS OF THE ZODIAC.pdf
The progressed Midheaven is the MC of the progressed chart. The progressed MC shows us in what way your status or condition is changing. When the sign of the progressed Midheaven changes, there is often a change in perspective or status either at home (because your progressed IC has changed also) or in the career. :smile:

JUPITERASC

txs JUPITERASC, I've looked into your link and it makes sense that changes could could either via MC or IC. I guess I only read about the second one. Since my progressed sun is at 8 CAP, I've had already 8 years of capricornian influence, which I'd say have indeed been more focused on MC than on IC!!! I'll see what happens as my progressed MC/IC axis approaches 2 GEM/SAG

Do you know if Alan Oken has reports for other progressed planets too? txs

Good that the Alan Oken link has helped your understanding cutesag I'll check whether Alan Oken has more to offer on this subject and here's some general reading on Progressions that could prove helpful to you http://moonvalleyastrologer.com/secondary_progressions.htm

Meanwhile, do consider the fact that Saturn is the domicile ruler of Capricorn so therefore it makes sense for you to take into account the following additional influences on your progressed MC
(1) the Sign your natal Saturn is in
(2) the house occupied by your natal Saturn
(3) the ruler of the Sign your natal Saturn is in
(4) natal house position of the ruler of the Sign your natal Saturn occupies
AS WELL AS
To consider that since the moon is the domicile ruler of Cancer then it is a good idea to take into account these additional influences on your progressed IC sign
(1) the Sign your natal Moon is in
(2) the house occupied by your natal Moon
(3) the ruler of the Sign your natal Moon occupies
(4) the natal house position of the ruler of the Sign your natal Moon occupies

Furthermore, consider the Progressed position of all of these planets:smile:

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Txs, it WAS helpful. It made me realize that transiting nodes will be on my progressed MC/IC axis by the time that axis also reaches natal sun in about a year's time. In my case, South Node will be on MC and North Node will be on IC, so I'd say the shift in focus will go in that direction (well, the opposite one wouldn't make much sense in my case...)

Interesting... here is a link to an article on the nodes as timers http://moonvalleyastrologer.com/moon_nodes.htm
QUOTE=cutesag;307184]

True on Saturn and MC!
Sign= 2 Leo (ruler=Sun in cusp of 5th)
House = 12th

ok, also for this one:
sign=14 Leo (doh!)
house=1st (hence, AC 7 Leo)

So, big Leo theme here, taking me to 5th house matters. Any interpretation hints are very welcome! txs[/QUOTE]
not exactly
Sun rules Leo so we check out the Sun next.
Your Sagittarian Sun is ruled by Jupiter
Your Aries Jupiter is ruled by Mars

Your Cancer Mars is ruled by the Moon
Which brings us back to Sun and round and round we zoom endlessly considering all of these planets, their signs, their aspects, their house positions :smile:

Saturn hardly moves through lifetime, but progressed Moon is located at 14 SAG, about to apply trine to natal moon and to conjunct retrograde nodal axis! Any interpretation hints are very welcome! txs
The progressed moon travels comparatively fast and completes a circuit of the natal chart approximately once every 27 years. Good idea to check back over time and consider whether any of the progressed moon's aspects have coincided with any notable events of your life. (A progressed chart calculated for the day of an important event would show if the progressed moon is making an important aspect to either another progressed planet OR to a natal planet or angle) Note the Sign of the progressed moon along with house position (as well as the Sign and house position of the dispositor of the progressed moon). Next consider any aspects between the progressed moon and its dispositor and/or any other planets/angles

So, since your Moon has progressed to Sagittarius, check the house and sign position of progressed Jupiter as well as the sign and house position of the dispositor of progressed Jupiter :smile:

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

Thing is, recently my progressed AC entered Virgo, progressed sun entered Cap and progressed moon entered scorpio (not sure if in this order :D ). Anyway, for someone with no earth in birth chart, you can imagine I've been acting very differently of late (grounded, workaholic, and MOODY :eek: ).

Now, I find out the progressed MC is at 29 Taurus, so will move to Gemini soon and oppose my natal sun at 2 Sag :eek:

I can't find any info on MC in Gemini, but I'd imagine I'll become very chatty and will engage in writing a lot :confused:

What do you think? This seems to be imp as progressed MC will oppose natal sun too!!

Sag

May I suggest you read the 'welcome to the world of astrology’ and other ---sticky' at the top of this forum? It has some great explanations, links etc. At the top of every forum there are lots of ‘stickys’ which explain matters in that forum, along with guidelines & tips

There is a 'plethora' of information on AW, espec in the 'stickys' at the top of every forum, our Education forum and Recommendations forum to. Plus we have a good search feature,[but not foolproof obviously, so try here first] bit like google using keywords – initially select advanced and try just selecting 'titles' rather than posts

progressed planets
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=266189&postcount=8

Youtube...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfblbFnxnko
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9BnEwohzrw&feature=related