retrograde planets and horary astro

WorldSpice

Hi, been trying to do some horary questions but when I did I noticed there are too many retrograde planets right now. So, should I wait to ask any question or make a chart when all the planets or any of the planets are not retrograde.

thanks

Pallas-trine-Mars

I think retrograde planetary motion means:

1. That something dysfunctional is going on with the things they represent.

2. That the trends are to look into the history of the things they represent to get an understanding of their future.

3. That the issues represented by the planet are being forced to the surface/Earth plane (retrograde planets are closest to Earth).

4. All of these things and more or something entirely different. ;)

Don't forget also to take into consideration the signs, houses and aspects.

Last edited:

eedwards

I don't believe that people should wait until planets go direct or become favorable before asking a question in Horary. If the need to know arose when you drew the chart it should be used. The retrograde planets are telling you something important.

Retrograde planets may represent:

- Someone or something returning
- Someone going back on a decision or promise.
- Hindered change

Do any of these things apply to the planets in your chart?

Last edited:

Lissa

Don't hold back waiting for the best astrological configurations before posing a question.Just like a child is born at the time it has to be born,the question is born at the time your mind burps it out.And,as eedwards mentioned,retrograde planets are telling you something.Actually,lots of retro planets in a chart may mean that success will come with much delay.

Retrograde planets are not only holding back the proccess,they are also bringing important things into light.Sometimes,a retro planet means you will have a clearer look of negative points surrouding the issue in question.

I simply don't believe you should chose when to pose a question just because you think the sky is favorable at that time.You can always chose when to do certain things when the astrological configurations are right for it(getting back in touch with hold friends when Mercury/Venus are in good position,starting an exercise schedule when Mars is dignified,etc),but that is electional and not horary astrology.

WorldSpice

hi eedwards..... sorry it took a while for me to come back to this ...yes i agree with you but i am going to do this chart now again, i need some very clear answers and help, i don't need anything to get in my way, i am not sure if i still have the chart i think i dumped it, but i remember that it had jupiter in the first house retrograde, that could also be me cause i am a sag sun, but it also could pertain to someone else or something else, in the future if its not so important
like moving back to my home country and starting my whole over again, i will just do the chart anyway, but this is a big time move and i can not afford any heavy problems, what i wanted to know is when it will be financially feasible but i did not word my question correctly....part of the trick it appears to me is getting very clear about your questions. I thank you for taking the time to answer my question. It did help a lot and I learned something new.

WorldSpice

Lissa, sorry it too so long to get back to this.

I agree with what you say. Yet, the reason I made that chart and now I dumped it so I can vaguely remember the chart, is that i have made a big decision for a big change.... so yes, i want favourable results. but other charts would not be a problem if there are retro planets but this one is a biggy for me....

astro09

The question should be asked whenever you feel the urge. I believe that waiting for any astrological indicator to reach a particular position is like cheating on an exam....(Yes, I know...).

You are striving for a controlled answer and most likely will have the wrong result.

misskitty

I agree, anytime I tried to "time" my questions when I was first learning something always conspired to give me the correct answer anyway. Maybe if I were trying to avoid a VOC Moon, I would instead get Saturn in the 7th. Or trying to avoid the time when the ruler of a retrograde planet would come up would end up with me getting a combust significator... the point is that I never could fool the stars. Now I don't even worry about it, and I will ask a question when it comes even if I know the Moon will be in a late degree. That happened to me recently, and I still got a yes (I think) because the Moon still had 1 degree to go before it sextiled the significator. You should get your answer no matter what is happening in the skies, it just may be the one you don't want to hear.

astro09

You should get your answer no matter what is happening in the skies, it just may be the one you don't want to hear.

...and when you ask a question, the unwanted is also possible;and, we must learn to accept things even when we do not like them

WorldSpice

Pallas trine Mars thanks, that is invaluable information. I had not thought about it that way. But it makes sense to me.

astro09 thanks you are right, and well, shamefully i have been holding back but i might as well as the questions i want to ask or the question i want to ask and see what happens

misskitty ya it seems to be working the same way with me
might as well jump in and ask and then see what happens

SagiCap

I don't believe that people should wait until planets go direct or become favorable before asking a question in Horary.

I agree. Waiting for better alignments of the planets is like trying to control fate. Validity of the horary comes from the moment of the true birth of the question.

matt1

I don't believe that people should wait until planets go direct or become favorable before asking a question in Horary. If the need to know arose when you drew the chart it should be used. The retrograde planets are telling you something important.

Retrograde planets may represent:

- Someone or something returning
- Someone going back on a decision or promise.
-----------------------------------------------
citrix braindumps
oracle braindumps
juniper exam questions

07.Re

I wonder if getting Saturn retro on 1st house is different than getting Saturn. Anyone know?

According to Lilly "If Saturn be in the Ascendant, especially retrograde, the matter of that question seldom or never comes to good". In an otherwise favouorable chart, retrograde Saturn in the first will damage but not destroy the outcome.

"Horary Astrology Plain and Simple" by Anthony Louis (pg 50)

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
What Miss Kitty wrote made me smile.::smile:

anytime I tried to "time" my questions when I was first learning something always conspired to give me the correct answer anyway. Maybe if I were trying to avoid a VOC Moon, I would instead get Saturn in the 7th. Or trying to avoid the time when the ruler of a retrograde planet would come up would end up with me getting a combust significator... the point is that I never could fool the stars.

It's an important lesson when you are starting out with horary. The other point is that you should only ask a horary question when there is a strong emotional investment in the question.
....not when you just happen to be having passing thoughts about something

and this is the most common type of question we see on here.
I've really tested this out too.
Some questions can be asked without the *panic factor* :smile: --like where is the toaster?
But even these work better when you have emotional involvement. (Don't ask me why this works-it just does).
This is also why I think a lot of charts yield wrong answers on here-the question shouldn't have been asked in the first place (but people get annoyed when you point that out, I've noticed and some read the chart anyway-which can be useful for practice but maybe not so good for our reputation as good horarists!)
Asking a question *will I ever....* will not work from my experience. If there's no guy/gal in the picture at all, there's probably no point in asking about a potential relationship either.It will work when there's at least a *sighted known interest*though.Otherwise technically you're asking about something that doesnt even exist in the current frame.

This is only my view on the matter and because we often deal with different *gurus* in the horary Boards there's not always agreement, but maybe all roads lead to Rome?:smile:
Lilly

joannski3

what's the point of asking a question if you are going to try and manipulate the answer? the heavens will always answer our questions, but it will not necessarily be what you want to hear. sometimes when you keep asking the same thing over and over, you'll find they "stop paying any attention to you" and the answers cease to make any sense.

Astrology isn't magic, although you can use timing for magic. If you want to control your answers to questions, i suggest you turn to prayer and magic, not astrology which is DIVINATION. I think its funny that you think you can fool the stars and the planets by waiting for the retrograde to be over. You realize that you are just nullifying your question because the time you thought of your question has already passed, right?