A question on Religions

bradderz777

Basically, is religion real?...I personally don't think it is but I would like to find the truth out there, or other people's opinions. I was brought up in a Christian country (UK) and everywhere in the streets lately, you get people coming up to you or stand in your way asking if they can read a verse from the bible, I the other week, I told someone who done it to me, I said "look, I don't believe in ANY religion!" and then he shouted "ASIDE FROM RELIGION, ONLY ONE GOD!" I just walked away...

Most cities in the UK nowadays mainly consist of 97% Muslims.

I've heard that religion is mainly under the influence of Neptune, therefore it's a load of bullsh*t, as apparently anything that falls under Neptune's category isn't real and is just made up.

What're your views on Religion?...do anyone of you agree with me that it does not exist? although if you believe in a religion, then sorry if I have offended you.

Brad

akp124

I do believe in religion. And, no you haven't offended me. Everyone has their own opinions.

My thoughts on religion:
I believe that at one point, there was ONE religion. And, like many things, different people believe what they believe is right. So, the religion was branched out into many other religions. Like, I learned in one of my high school classes that Catholic is under the Christian umbrella.
My mother is/was Evangelical christian. She no longer goes to church. I grew up not going to church, but following what God wants me to do. I strayed from that path a few times, but overall, I try to follow it.
Church bores me. I believe we can worship God without going to church. Church is just a social gathering where everyone tries to outdo each other with their outfits and then talk bad about other people.
I may be "Christian" but I believe that gay marriage should be legal here in the U.S. I believe, that even though I think its wrong, abortion should be legal. Gay people have done nothing wrong to me, they do not affect my life in any way, so why should I affect their life by not allowing them to marry? Abortion to me is bad. It's something I am against, but it is not my body and it is not directly affecting me. It is the woman's decision because it is her body. It should not be the decision of the government. Separation of Church and State and all that. People seem to forget that.

Anyways, yes I do believe in religion, but my beliefs are loosely based on Christianity.

And, the famous disclaimer: Sorry if I offended anyone.

PisceanPallas

Account Closed
Is religion real?

Good question bradderz777...and your mention of Religion and it's link to Neptune, reminded me of this quote:

"Religious suffering is, at one and the same time, the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."

- Karl Marx

Read more here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opium_of_the_people

Amnesia

Bradderz777,

Religion was supposed to be the expression of the inexpressable. A word for the realm of experience that goes beyond human language.

If you open yourself to the possibility of experience, you will open yourself to life. In doing so you will open yourself to the real religion that is synonymous with life - life!

Then it will no longer be something that remains only on the boundary of your being, in your intellect and thoughts, but something that lies much deeper within yourself waiting to be found.

People think they are their thoughts, they think they are head-centered and the being that thinks, sees, feels and hears through the senses remains buried in oblivion. The watcher is spreading and dilluting his awareness, his energy through many windows at the same time and he suffers because of it!

The discovery of life behind the senses is when religion becomes real but before it remains only a lie to the people that hear it.

Moog

I suppose I believe that 'the kingdom of God is within you'

I have a lot of time for the mystical aspects of most religions. Reading the Christian Mystics after my exposure to Buddhism left me with the sense that what they were doing was very similar, but the conceptual framework and terminology is very different.

Since getting into astrology, my view has become more pantheistic. Since I got into Vedic Astrology, more open to deism and polytheism.

Moog

I believe that at one point, there was ONE religion. And, like many things, different people believe what they believe is right. So, the religion was branched out into many other religions. Like, I learned in one of my high school classes that Catholic is under the Christian umbrella.

Yes, I feel the same way. They are all splinters of one thing. Or different approaches to understanding that one thing.

Amensia said:
The discovery of life behind the senses is when religion becomes real but before it remains only a lie to the people that hear it.

I have found this too.

Moog

That sounds a bit... much.

I've heard that religion is mainly under the influence of Neptune, therefore it's a load of bullsh*t, as apparently anything that falls under Neptune's category isn't real and is just made up.
Traditionally, Religion & Spirituality are the domain of Jupiter.

What're your views on Religion?...do anyone of you agree with me that it does not exist?
It would be interesting to see what's in your chart to make you feel the way you do.

I recommend this series, examining astrological signatures of religious belief or it's lack;

http://www.sevenstarsastrology.com/tag/religion/

Jai Kishen

Well all religions are nothing but different paths which lead to the same ending .
Its the same psychology on why is it that people worship different gods ?
Simple answer , all of us are different and have different views on everything . Some may like the color red where as some may like the color blue .

So all these different religions are actually different pathways ( colors) made so that people of different mentalities can follow it .
And its never said that "only if u follow a particular religion you will attain liberation etc... and other ****"

The whole universe works on 2 principles :
1. Tit for Tat principle (a.k.a karma) : you do gud , u get back gud .

and 2. Working principle : if u work for it hard enough , ul get it .

And .
Note : the 1. universe or
2. god or
3 Allah or
4. Jesus or
5. Ram or
6. others ...

None of them are "FORCING" you to pray , the workings of the universe is not going to be effected by you praying or no , the day will go on the same way if you pray or no .
But,
by praying you "might" attain a certain level of inner satisfaction which keeps ur head cool through out the day .

And another thing ,
All the religions support these things ( no matter what) :
1. Have faith in one (god , universe or what so ever) , but above all have faith in urself .
2. Dont be a part of bad happenings
3. Help people (to the extent you can )
4. RESPECT WOMEN !
5. Respect your elders .

My view on religion .

Viewing ,
Jai~

Last edited:

Carris

Basically, is religion real?...I personally don't think it is but I would like to find the truth out there, or other people's opinions. I was brought up in a Christian country (UK) and everywhere in the streets lately, you get people coming up to you or stand in your way asking if they can read a verse from the bible, I the other week, I told someone who done it to me, I said "look, I don't believe in ANY religion!" and then he shouted "ASIDE FROM RELIGION, ONLY ONE GOD!" I just walked away...

What're your views on Religion?...do anyone of you agree with me that it does not exist? although if you believe in a religion, then sorry if I have offended you.

Brad
Is religion real? Depends on the religion.

I have read many books on reincarnation, past life regression, near death experiences, small children remmebering their past lives, psychic phenomena, metaphysics etc - and now I believe in reinccarnation and that we souls have a purpose in incarnating several times on earth.

So in that sense, some religions (or rather philosophies) like hinduism, buddhism and some tribal beliefs do indeed present the truth about our lives.

lazarusx

I have a lot of time for the mystical aspects of most religions. Reading the Christian Mystics after my exposure to Buddhism left me with the sense that what they were doing was very similar, but the conceptual framework and terminology is very different.

I largely agree.

Buddhism in particular has a very clear-cut and direct framework towards spirituality, which is why in some circles it's often referred to as a philosophy rather then a religion.. whereas Christian mysticism is much more metaphorically poetic in the expression of truth.. which understandably has created confusion. Yet as someone who has a great appreciation for literature i find it fascinating.

When you see the undeniable similarities between the religions of the world in depth, it's awe-inspiring.

Last edited:

Moog

I largely agree.

Buddhism in particular has a very clear-cut and direct framework towards spirituality, which is why in some circles it's often referred to as a philosophy rather then a religion.. whereas Christian mysticism is much more metaphorically poetic in the expression of truth.. which understandably has created confusion.

When you see the undeniable similarities between the religions of the world in depth, it's awe-inspiring.

I actually find christian mysticism to be absolutely stunning in the way its expressed through metaphor.

Yes, I like it now.

I think I'd still find Christianity completely baffling had I not had a more accessible entry into mysticism through Buddhism; Ironically, a religion foreign to 'my' own culture.

I think studying tarot and symbolism helped a lot as well. It gives you that ability to decode symbols.

lazarusx

Yes, I like it now.

I think I'd still find Christianity completely baffling had I not had a more accessible entry into mysticism through Buddhism; Ironically, a religion foreign to 'my' own culture.

Haha, yes.

I was sent to an Anglican Christian school and rejected it entirely until some years after i had finished and began a process of self-inquiry that eventually lead me towards Buddhism, which essentially established the framework that helped me to actually understand Christianity.

Yeah, understanding symbolism helps greatly.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Haha, yes.

I was sent to an Anglican Christian school and rejected it entirely until some years after i had finished and began a process of self-inquiry that eventually lead me towards Buddhism, which essentially established the framework that helped me to actually understand Christianity.

Yeah, understanding symbolism helps greatly.
IMO Buddhism and Christianity are similar :smile:

Christianity = love thy neighbor as thyself and do good to those that are harming you

Buddhism = be compassionate to all including strangers and those that are harming you

bradderz777

I was raised from a child in catholic schools. In primary school, I was FORCED to go to church, I had no choice. If you didn't attend church on the Sunday, then the next day (Monday, beginning of the week) the teachers would ask you why you had never showed up, and when you told them you didn't attend, they didn't respond very pleasantly....

I personally do not believe in any religion but there's two things to maybe consider...?, there's Atheism and Agnostic:

Atheism meaning you only believe in what you see (totally closed minded) no such thing as religion, no such thing as ghosts/spirits or any form of afterlife and Astrology being total nonsense.

Agnostic meaning you don't have to believe in religion but you believe that there is more to something than life. Could believe in ghosts/spirits, afterlife and believe in Astrology etc.

I'm personally an Agnostic, as I believe in the afterlife, and I DO believe in Astrology, otherwise I wouldn't be here. I also believe in this because if there was only life and everything stopped after we die, then what would be the point of it all?...why would we be here in the first place...? - That's my opinion at the end of the day.

Cheers.

:sideways:

Moog

I was raised from a child in catholic schools. In primary school, I was FORCED to go to church, I had no choice. If you didn't attend church on the Sunday, then the next day (Monday, beginning of the week) the teachers would ask you why you had never showed up, and when you told them you didn't attend, they didn't respond very pleasantly....

That always seems to put people off, I don't know how many converts bullying wins, but it seems to be popular, even though it seems counterproductive. Perhaps Catholic Schools want to produce atheists?

I've heard worse stories though.

I personally do not believe in any religion but there's two things to maybe consider...?, there's Atheism and Agnostic:

Atheism meaning you only believe in what you see (totally closed minded) no such thing as religion, no such thing as ghosts/spirits or any form of afterlife and Astrology being total nonsense.
I don't think it's inherently close minded to believe only in what you see or what your senses tell you; that's basically how I tend to operate... I'm open to interesting ideas, but then I want to see them in action.

I think it's really about difference in interpretation in the meaning of what is seen, or sensed.

Here's a quote I saw the other day, I like it;

The devil and a friend of his were walking down the street, when they saw ahead of them a man stoop down and pick up something from the ground, look at it, and put it away in his pocket.

The friend said to the devil, "What did that man pick up?"

"He picked up a piece of the truth," said the devil.

"That is a very bad business for you, then," said his friend.

"Oh, not at all," the devil replied, "I am going to help him organize it."
Astrology doesn't fall into the same realm as spirits or ghosts or psychic powers, because it has material and visible results, or correlations with events. I've yet to have an experience that lends itself to a belief in ghosts or psychic powers, and I've been open minded and actively seeking. I'd say I was agnostic about both.

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
A few things, first I think the modern idea of equating religion with Neptune is itself really insulting to religion as an idea. Neptune is all about fog and delusions, and the implication that that is what religion wishes to accomplish is really rather unfortunate. It's much more pleasant to continue the associations with Jupiter from the tradition that Moog mentioned above. It seems that a lot of people who have bad experiences with religion tend to use Neptune as a significator for it.

Personally, I also find the definition of atheism given here to be in bad taste. There's no reason why an atheist can't believe in ghosts or anything else, they just can't believe in supreme entities. This definition gets atheism confused with skepticism and while they are very similar (skepticism does tend to lead one to atheism if they were not already there to begin with), one is very much an extreme of the other.

I think religion serves as a very important tool to help people understand morality and tradition. Of course, it is not the only way or should it be, and I don't mean to imply that those without religion are immoral as obviously, even godless pack animals have learned basic morals.

Moog said:
Since getting into astrology, my view has become more pantheistic. Since I got into Vedic Astrology, more open to deism and polytheism.

High five! Deism!

sandstone

Banned
senshi - interesting take on neptune and religion.. one person sees fog while someone else sees a magical entrance to another world.. it is all relative.. people see what they want to see more then what is before them sometimes..

Last edited: