Most fortunate in composite charts: conjunctions/trine+sextiles?

andreeanw

Hello everyone. I have spent the last days reading about aspects, but I do not seem to figure out which are of utmost importance: conjuncts whether trines and sextiles? What's your impression of these aspects in a composite chart?

Sun conjunct Mars, Venus and Mercury
Sun sextile Pluto
Sun trine Neptune
Venus conjunct Mars
Venus and Mars sextile Pluto
Saturn conjuct Uranus
Moon and Jupiter trine Uranus
Mercury and Venus trine Neptune
Moon trine Saturn

Last edited:

dr. farr

I have no doubt that conjunctions (and their equivalents, Parallels of declination) are always THE MOST significant connections in any and every type of chart. Therefore in the list given above, the most significant (important) connections would be Sun conjunct Mercury/Venus/Mars, Venus conjunct Mars, and Saturn conjunct Uranus.
The difficulties (in my opinion) are pointed to by the Venus conjunct Mars connection, and the Saturn conjunct Uranus connection.

Of the aspects, many ascribe their importance in the following order:
Most important = opposition (some will add contra-parallel of declination to this but I do not ascribe to this)
Next = square
Next = trine
Then-sextile
Least = semi-sextile (and other non-Ptolemaic aspects)

However, the closeness to exactness of aspect makes a very significant difference: a trine within one degree of exactness will have a greater influence than say an opposition that is 4 or 5 degrees away from perfection.

andreeanw

Thank you, dr. farr! There's only one thing i do not understand, why Venus conjunct Mars proves to be a difficult connection. I might be misinformed, but most of the sources tell about some kind of attraction between partners/possible lovers. This aspect has been feeding my suppositions :joyful:
The reason because I am so terribly curious is because I always get the feeling that he is attracted towards me. We've known each other a long time now, but there are times when I sense that particular tension between us.

Thanks for the info, Dr. Farr...

After looking into parallels for my bf and myself, I have been AMAZED and I would recommend anyone looking into synastry and composite to check out parallels and contra-parallels. My bf (whom I love DEARLY) has sun parallel my sun very close, and his sun is also parallel my descendant very close. We are peas in a pod, and so I've always marveled at the lack of sun to sun and 7th house in synastry. Now I know I just wasn't looking at all the signifiers.

Claire19

Hello everyone. I have spent the last days reading about aspects, but I do not seem to figure out which are of utmost importance: conjuncts whether trines and sextiles? What's your impression of these aspects in a composite chart?

Sun conjunct Mars, Venus and Mercury
Sun sextile Pluto
Sun trine Neptune
Venus conjunct Mars
Venus and Mars sextile Pluto
Saturn conjuct Uranus
Moon and Jupiter trine Uranus
Mercury and Venus trine Neptune
Moon trine Saturn
The outer planets are not so significant, they are impersonal and often generational.

I agree that the conjunctions are the most powerful. The sextiles and trines are just kind of taken for granted and ease compatibilitiy...The aspects you have cited are very good for relationship....Sun Mars Venus Mercury conjunct is fantastic...

dr. farr

I completely agree with Claire19 assessment of the indications of the conjunctions and aspects given by the OP (only difference is that I consider connections involving the outers, of much significance)

Venus conjunct Mars is potent for sexual attraction and relations; however, it also involves significant potential for tension, war of ills, disputes, and for one person to dominate the other (and this can shift back and forth, now one dominating, now the other!) There is a fundamental elemental clash here: Fire (Mars) and Water (Venus). However, the "opposites attract" principle also operates here (Fire and Water are opposites)
So, the conjunction-considered relative to love relationships-is a mixed "blessing", and therefore I pointed it out as a possible problematic indication.

andreeanw

I very much appreciate your help. And thank you again, dr. farr for your kindness and patience! The sources I've found have been pretty vague but you've cleared them up for me.

With best of wishes,
Andreea