Concerned about all these rough transits - health trouble?

MJ82

Ok, I’m not sure where to begin, but here it goes. A lot has happened over the last year and a half in my personal life, and particularly in relation to the health of loved ones and even to my own health. My aunt was diagnosed with cervical cancer and her daughter (my cousin) was diagnosed with lupus.

I am not an alarmist, and while I do sometimes get worried about my own health matters (I have long-term health problems), these worries usually subside quickly and are grounded in real experience of my medical history rather than irrational concerns.

I am going through a very rough series of simultaneous transits, all hard transits involving Pluto, Uranus and Saturn, and primarily aspecting planets in my 8th house stellium.

Apart from the psychological and emotional struggles I am now going through (to be expected with such transits, especially since two of them are to my moon – t uranus in opposition, and t pluto in square to my moon in the 8th), I am now feeling quite concerned about what will come up over the course of the next few months and years with regard to my health in particular.

I have attached my natal chart with current transits in this post, but just to elaborate on where my concern is stemming from:

Uranus is currently in an applying opposition to my 8th house moon (which is the ruler of my 6th in my chart – so health), transiting pluto is squaring my moon in the 8th and beginning to square my mars in the 8th. Next year, Uranus will move in opposition to my mars in the 8th as well.

Everything I have read about these transits in particular indicates sudden changes, dangers and loss.

I should add that I am currently awaiting test results for ovarian cancer, and have been having health trouble recently that has yet to be fully understood.

Please understand that I am shouldering a lot right now, but I do feel the need to turn to experienced astrologers for insight and support on this. I am looking for a measured (and sensitive) but honest perspective on these transits, on what I might expect and on whether any health news, particularly related to my own health, is likely to come up in this coming period.

Attachments

• transit tables.pdf
    73.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Natal and Transits.jpg
    Natal and Transits.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

StillOne

Ok, don't hold back now! :unsure: :bandit:
Pretty slow on the board today MJ...

Those are some heavy transits. I don't know astrology well enough to talk specifics about potential strategies for dealing with these unfortunately.

When I read your post a few things came to mind. Make sure you're being extra healthy during this time. Eating healthy, exercising right, grounding in a belief system, etc. I've read some things about crystals but never used them myself. I would think if you could find something to give you more strength (something to believe in) it would provide a sounder mind which then, could spur a better healing energy within you. Watching uplifting movies, comedy, etc may work too.

I look forward to hearing from other members.

Last edited:

MJ82

Those are some heave transits.

Thanks StillOne, I really appreciate your commenting. They are very heavy, and all of them at the same time, it's overload... I'm trying to cope but recently became concerned about a possible connection to my health, and possible news on the horizon, I hope not... I will definitely take your advice though! Thanks for the support. I look forward to hearing from others too... when things are less...slow :love:

JUPITERASC

Thanks StillOne, I really appreciate your commenting. They are very heavy, and all of them at the same time, it's overload... I'm trying to cope but recently became concerned about a possible connection to my health, and possible news on the horizon, I hope not... I will definitely take your advice though! Thanks for the support. I look forward to hearing from others too... when things are less...slow :love:
Any one of these situations is clearly challenging MJ82 so IMO it's a testament to your strong nature that you are facing these multiple challenges courageously... StillOne has offered some excellent advice, to which I can only add that although it may seem an 'impossible task' I am certain you are doing your best to remain as relaxed as possible, given the circumstances :smile:

Regarding transits, your experiences at the time transiting Saturn was in Capricorn, Aries and Cancer may give a clue as to what is 'building' at this time - I have only just glanced at your chart though and would not comment as yet without a more thorough analysis.

MJ82

Any one of these situations is clearly challenging MJ82 so IMO it's a testament to your strong nature that you are facing these multiple challenges courageously... StillOne has offered some excellent advice, to which I can only add that although it may seem an 'impossible task' I am certain you are doing your best to remain as relaxed as possible, given the circumstances :smile:

Thanks JupiterAsc, very thoughtful of you. I am trying to stay strong, not always easy. These transits in and of themselves are shaking my emotional and psychological foundations, so with the health worries on top of that... I'm trying :smile:

Regarding transits, your experiences at the time transiting Saturn was in Capricorn, Aries and Cancer may give a clue as to what is 'building' at this time - I have only just glanced at your chart though and would not comment as yet without a more thorough analysis.

Can you elaborate a little on this? What's the connection of this to these transits? I'm still rather new to astrology... lol

JUPITERASC

....Can you elaborate a little on this? What's the connection of this to these transits? I'm still rather new to astrology... lol
In the sense that I learn something new every day on this intriguing subject then I'm a newbie as well MJ82 so we're on a level playing field there :smile:
Although IMO focusing on any one particular aspect or planet can lead to skewed results, but at the same time it is obvious that you have just experienced a Saturn return and Saturn being your Ascendant Ruler then a Saturn Return is particularly important for you - as are also Saturn's transits in Capricorn, Aries and Cancer which either square or oppose your natal Saturn. As well as that Saturn's transits in Leo, Scorpio, Aquarius and Taurus all impact your Ascendant/Descendant axis.

According to traditional astrology your Primary Motivation is indicated by your Ascendant which for you is the Air element - that indicates that freedom of expression and movement are top priority for you.

Fixed Signs
are very successful in Acquisitions and in particular, Aquarius acquires knowledge. Your Ascendant Ruler Saturn is located in 8th house which Ben Dykes “Medieval Astrology” advises as the ruler of the 1st in the 8th shows difficulties in life... sounds contradictory but by experiencing hardships in life you seek to realize your Primary Motivation of freedom of expression and movement in the acquisition of knowledge

Jupiter, Lord of the 2nd is located in the 9th indicates the spending of money on long journeys and philosophy. Money through journeys and philosophy.
:smile:

Last edited:

MJ82

In the sense that I learn something new every day on this intriguing subject then I'm a newbie as well MJ82 so we're on a level playing field there :smile:
Although IMO focusing on any one particular aspect or planet can lead to skewed results, but at the same time it is obvious that you have just experienced a Saturn return and Saturn being your Ascendant Ruler then a Saturn Return is particularly important for you - as are also Saturn's transits in Capricorn, Aries and Cancer which either square or oppose your natal Saturn. As well as that Saturn's transits in Leo, Scorpio, Aquarius and Taurus all impact your Ascendant/Descendant axis.

According to traditional astrology your Primary Motivation is indicated by your Ascendant which for you is the Air element - that indicates that freedom of expression and movement are top priority for you.

Fixed Signs
are very successful in Acquisitions and in particular, Aquarius acquires knowledge. Your Ascendant Ruler Saturn is located in 8th house which Ben Dykes “Medieval Astrology” advises as the ruler of the 1st in the 8th shows difficulties in life... sounds contradictory but by experiencing hardships in life you seek to realize your Primary Motivation of freedom of expression and movement in the acquisition of knowledge:smile:

I see, so you're going by the traditional rulership of saturn over Aquarius, rather than uranus. Interesting, though I do strongly identify with the idea of my chart ruler in the 10th (where uranus is), but I will think on this for sure.

Either way, freedom of expression and movement are vital to who I am.

As for hardships in life, well I know my 8th house contributes to this in many ways, though there are also riches there...

Any particular view on these current transits I'm going through and possible health problems arising? Or am I misunderstanding the nature of these transits? Just that my moon is lord of my 6th house, so this got me worrying, especially with what have been health issues recently and testing etc..

Thanks for the input JupiterAsc :smile:

MJ82

Jupiter, Lord of the 2nd is located in the 9th indicates the spending of money on long journeys and philosophy. Money through journeys and philosophy.

Getting slightly off topic here, so just briefly - I have Aries on my 2nd house cusp, so isn't lord of the 2nd in my chart Mars? Just like Venus is lord/ruler of my 8th, not Pluto (which rules the 8th generally)? Or have I got this wrong too?? :unsure:

JUPITERASC

Getting slightly off topic here, so just briefly - I have Aries on my 2nd house cusp, so isn't lord of the 2nd in my chart Mars? Just like Venus is lord/ruler of my 8th, not Pluto (which rules the 8th generally)? Or have I got this wrong too?? :unsure:
There's no right or wrong as IMO its all on the topic of a very brief and basic assessment of a very miniscule part of your chart.

Whole sign houses places Jupiter as your 2nd house ruler
http://www.librarising.com/astrology/misc/wholesignhouses.html

But of course other house systems also vary

Another question is, how accurate is your time of birth since planets can change house position if its out by just a few minutes in some cases. Since you have confirmed that freedom of expression and movement are vital to you then we have the Ascendant and the degree can be verified by noting transits :smile:

MJ82

how accurate is your time of birth since planets can change house position if its out by just a few minutes in some cases.

Well, my birth time is 4:40am on my birth certificate, so quite specific, and I was born by cesarean, so I'm quite sure it's accurate. I've played with changing it by up to 6 minutes +/- and there are no significant changes, except that Jupiter moves into my 8th and uranus at the end of my 9th (so still counted in the 10th)...

I think it's safe to say it's accurate :smile:

I've also studied my chart with about 4 other house systems and I can honestly say that Placidus fits me best - is most true to me and to my experiences.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Well, my birth time is 4:40am on my birth certificate, so quite specific, and I was born by cesarean, so I'm quite sure it's accurate. I've played with changing it by up to 6 minutes +/- and there are no significant changes, except that Jupiter moves into my 8th and uranus at the end of my 9th (so still counted in the 10th)...

I think it's safe to say it's accurate :smile:

I've also studied my chart with about 4 other house systems and I can honestly say that Placidus fits me best - is most true to me and to my experiences.
A caesarian birth makes accuracy a safer bet I agree. Meanwhile my question is, when you check back over those transiting Saturn squares/oppositions to your Ascendant/Descendant (as well as to your natal Saturn) are there any dates that you recall as being significant? That's one area to focus on. :smile:

Judy_AzVirgo

I can only imagine that you are worrying a great deal, with this difficult transit that's disruptive to your emotions, maybe also causing restlessness and sleeplessness through Uranus, and feelings of being emotionally battered and bruised, through Pluto.

Both planets are so involved in your chart! Uranus ruling the Ascendant and placed at the MC; and your heavily tenanted, Pluto-ruled 8th house. Makes me want to reach out and give you a (((hug))).

In my experience, an opposition aspect often indicates other people, so maybe Uranus-opposite-Moon has to do, in part, with the news about your relatives and their medical problems. The Pluto-square-Moon, though, is problematic for you.

The 8th house can be a difficult place, for sure, but you've no doubt already drawn plenty of strength from it, and from the planets inside it, during your life -- and you'll continue to do so. Once you've survived the kind of heavy transits to it that you're undergoing now, you may well feel renewed and just glad to be alive ... it's the house of the Survivor.

With the rulers of your 6th (Moon) and 12th (Saturn) both located within the 8th house, you've had (and are having) some challenges in the area of health. Both planets, Moon and Saturn, are in Libra ruled by Venus; Venus resides in your 12th house. An astrologer certainly could read a long-term health problem (which you mentioned) from this structure. Also illnesses that are poorly diagnosed or elusive, and medical false alarms.

Your Saturn return (just past) was obviously a difficult one, weighing you down. Also, just eyeballing, it looks as if by progression your Sun might be opposing your natal Saturn. If so, it could trigger drained energy or health concerns for awhile.

I'm not a medical astrologer -- maybe there aren't many of them out there to respond to you -- so I'm reluctant to advise here. But I sure hope you will REST your emotions, REST your worries. Sleep is a wonderful restorative, especially for a stressed Moon and stressed nerves.

Keep us updated, if you would... I for one would like to cheer you on.

MJ82

I can only imagine that you are worrying a great deal, with this difficult transit that's disruptive to your emotions, maybe also causing restlessness and sleeplessness through Uranus, and feelings of being emotionally battered and bruised, through Pluto.

Both planets are so involved in your chart! Uranus ruling the Ascendant and placed at the MC; and your heavily tenanted, Pluto-ruled 8th house. Makes me want to reach out and give you a (((hug))).

In my experience, an opposition aspect often indicates other people, so maybe Uranus-opposite-Moon has to do, in part, with the news about your relatives and their medical problems. The Pluto-square-Moon, though, is problematic for you.

The 8th house can be a difficult place, for sure, but you've no doubt already drawn plenty of strength from it, and from the planets inside it, during your life -- and you'll continue to do so. Once you've survived the kind of heavy transits to it that you're undergoing now, you may well feel renewed and just glad to be alive ... it's the house of the Survivor.

With the rulers of your 6th (Moon) and 12th (Saturn) both located within the 8th house, you've had (and are having) some challenges in the area of health. Both planets, Moon and Saturn, are in Libra ruled by Venus; Venus resides in your 12th house. An astrologer certainly could read a long-term health problem (which you mentioned) from this structure. Also illnesses that are poorly diagnosed or elusive, and medical false alarms.

Your Saturn return (just past) was obviously a difficult one, weighing you down. Also, just eyeballing, it looks as if by progression your Sun might be opposing your natal Saturn. If so, it could trigger drained energy or health concerns for awhile.

I'm not a medical astrologer -- maybe there aren't many of them out there to respond to you -- so I'm reluctant to advise here. But I sure hope you will REST your emotions, REST your worries. Sleep is a wonderful restorative, especially for a stressed Moon and stressed nerves.

Keep us updated, if you would... I for one would like to cheer you on.

Wow, thank you so much Judy :love: You have no idea what comfort it is to read that, just to have this acknowledged by someone who knows about astrology! I couldn't easily say "hey mom, these things called 'transits' are seriously battering me right now" - no, that wouldn't fly so well, lol :tongue:

Everything you say about feeling restless, not sleeping well - on the nail.

I will definitely keep you updated, you are very kind...

MJ82

As for the 8th house, I am very familiar with this terrain, but have been totally bowled over by how this transit from pluto (square my moon) has pulled the lid right off and is flushing everything to the surface. I do feel like I am racing to deal with the fall out, which is of course, largely internal and subjective (for the time being).

I have no idea what the square to my 8th house mars will bring, it also echoes a wide mars-pluto conjunction in my stellium, but I will try over the next few (5?) years to remember the promised rebirth at the end... :smile:

PisceanPallas

Account Closed
Hi MJ82,

I found this Youtube video about the effects of T Pluto square T Uranus on Natal Libra Moon...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI7ZBkf58ao

I haven't watched it all the way through yet, so I don't know if there is anything of value or interest in there...

I also have these same transits coming up... T Pluto square N Moon and T Uranus opposite N Moon. My Libra Moon is also in the 8th.
However, for me, I also have N Pluto in the 8th conjunct my Moon...so that should be interesting...

:unsure: Not quite sure what to expect.

MJ82

Hi MJ82,

I found this Youtube video about the effects of T Pluto square T Uranus on Natal Libra Moon...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI7ZBkf58ao

I haven't watched it all the way through yet, so I don't know if there is anything of value or interest in there...

I also have these same transits coming up... T Pluto square N Moon and T Uranus opposite N Moon. My Libra Moon is also in the 8th.
However, for me, I also have N Pluto in the 8th conjunct my Moon...so that should be interesting...

:unsure: Not quite sure what to expect.

Thanks Piscean Pallas, I will watch it with interest. I had always read that transits are not significant unless they echo a natal aspect between the two planets involved, like in your case with moon-pluto, but I really can say I've been feeling this pluto transit. Maybe it's because my moon is in the 8th, so there is some connection there..?

Good luck with it :wink:

PisceanPallas

Account Closed
Hey MJ82,

I just watched that video... a bit vague, but she had a few interesting things to say...oh well...

Take care of yourself during these difficult transits, and I hope you hear only good news back on those test results :smile:

Judy_AzVirgo

I had always read that transits are not significant unless they echo a natal aspect between the two planets involved, like in your case with moon-pluto, but I really can say I've been feeling this pluto transit. Maybe it's because my moon is in the 8th, so there is some connection there..?

Definitely a connection from Pluto to an 8th house Moon.

Also, you have a sextile relationship between Moon and Uranus, so, aside from Uranus's prominence in your chart, the transit square from Uranus to Moon is rocking you.

With a number of Pluto squares coming up, you might read Donna Cunningham's old (but good!) book, Healing Pluto Problems. She's a really good writer and astrologer. She also has a website where, among other things, she discusses flower remedies, at http://skywriter.wordpress.com/

I chuckled at your comment about talking to your Mom about the transits. I go through that with my husband, who steadfastly refuses to get into astrology. So, can't talk to him about transits.

Hang in there!

MJ82

Definitely a connection from Pluto to an 8th house Moon.

Also, you have a sextile relationship between Moon and Uranus, so, aside from Uranus's prominence in your chart, the transit square from Uranus to Moon is rocking you.

With a number of Pluto squares coming up, you might read Donna Cunningham's old (but good!) book, Healing Pluto Problems. She's a really good writer and astrologer. She also has a website where, among other things, she discusses flower remedies, at http://skywriter.wordpress.com/

I chuckled at your comment about talking to your Mom about the transits. I go through that with my husband, who steadfastly refuses to get into astrology. So, can't talk to him about transits.

Hang in there!

Thank you! I like Donna Cunningham, and I know about her book on healing pluto problems. I will definitely try and order it, along with some essences, that would be great... just need to find a way to get them out here in the middle east :rightful:

I will keep you all posted about my health news.

And if anyone else has any angle on these current - and forthcoming - transits, and if there are any possible health issues I should watch out for, I'd be interested to hear from you. Thanks.