Sun in the 8th early death of Father

AquariusT

Hello, what aspects must apply, iyo, or is the 8th house Sun enough to prove early death of the father?

What transits would you watch in the individual's chart to indicate that it may occur and when?

Do you use any othe aspects to apply this prediction?

It's not something you should predict, there have been many different aspects to indicate it. I have Sun-opposed-Saturn, and Neptune rules my 8th and is in my 4th. I lost my dad when I was a teenager. Transiting Saturn was moving through my 8th in Aries opposed natal Pluto in 2nd house.

My younger sister has Saturn conjunct Pluto in 2nd. My partner lost his father in his late 20's he has Saturn in 8th square Pluto.

Sun - Pluto can be another aspect, my little boy has this and astrology books would put worrying thoughts into my mind by stating death of father etc. It can just as easily mean the father is dominating or powerful in business etc.

It's difficult dealing with these topics in astrology as astrology is more symbolism and can't always be accurate-in details. Sun in 8th could symbolise a fathers early death or a wealthy businessman father. In Demi Moore's chart she has Sun in Scorpio 8th conjunct Neptune and the father abandoned her mother before Demi was born. She had a stepfather who committed suicide, and the family moved 40 times, and were alcoholics who beat each other. Life seemed to improve for her after the early traumas, and she went on to marry my Ashton Kutcher.

katydid

I completely agree that it is not necessary to predict a fathers death from having Sun in the 8th. I have read the same thing about Moon in the 8th, and my 80 yr old mom will likely outlive me.
I did a lot of 8th house moon charts for my own research, and found nothing to show that 8th house moons mean early loss of mothers. So I would extrapolate and say the same thing would likely hold for Fathers.

I would say , like Shining Ray, that a stern, imposing Father may be indicated, or perhaps a father that 'is dead to you' because of abandonment
or power hungry behavior. Perhaps the Father is a successful, powerful figure, or a psychologist or transformational influence.

AquariusT

Sorry, I would never predict it for a client. But for ones own chart. My father has passed, not for me currently. But as Astrolgers, what do you see when you think the transit for the father's passing will occur. I know in the Natal that the Sun in the 8th is an indication.

I agree, 8th house moon does not mean early loss of mother.

katydid

AquariusT said:
Sorry, I would never predict it for a client. But for ones own chart. My father has passed, not for me currently. But as Astrolgers, what do you see when you think the transit for the father's passing will occur. I know in the Natal that the Sun in the 8th is an indication.

I agree, 8th house moon does not mean early loss of mother.

Okay, I see some of the confusion. You are referring to the Sun transiting the 8th house, or are you speaking of a person having their sun in the 8th natally?

The Sun transits the 8th house every year so it, by itself, could not be an indicator of the loss of ones father.

Usually it is Saturn or Pluto to the angles imo. Or progressed moon perhaps.

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
AquariusT,
My father died when I was a teenager.My sun is not in the 8th nor does it rule the eighth..
I don't think that there's a single *fixed placement* that describes the *untimely* death of a parent..I do have the ruler of h4 (Father) on the h8cusp, square the ruler of the tenth house cusp (Mother)..wondering what others who have lost a parent early have in their charts?
Cheers
Lillyjgc

Rasalhague

I have an unaspected Sun in the 8th house (cnj fixed star Alioth), ruler of 8 in 8 (Merc), and Moon cnj Saturn in 8. Neither of my parents are dead (yet), I've also recently had Tr. Saturn cnj Sun. I have to agree to katydid's description, with the addendum that I think it also means carrying one or both of the parents' burdens. It does leave a feeling of fragility; to many kids their parents are immortal for a long long time until the actual physical decay begins to show. For me this was not the case.

Last edited:

Awakened_Pisces

Im not sure, I was born at 2:35 P.M., is that a day chart?

Attachments

• Natal Chart.gif
    Natal Chart.gif
    26.6 KB · Views: 53

Mr stellium

Confusedpisces said:
Im not sure, I was born at 2:35 P.M., is that a day chart?
Yes, You don't need to be an astrologer to know that 2.35pm is daytime everywhere (except for polar regions). If the Sun is in houses 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, or 12, ("above the earth") its a day chart - a night chart if in the opposite houses ("below the earth").

astroman1

My Father died when I was 12. My sun is in 8th house and so is Mercury. Sun-Mercury are conjunct. There might be something to the Sun in the 8th house. Both Sun and Mercury are Opposition Pluto in Second house.

Not sure if that indicated loss of father at early age, but it happened anyways. Im guessing Transits are also important to consider.

Joseph Ledzion

Arguments of Death.

I have edited the rules from Christian Astrology to fit the topic of the Early Death of the Father, by largely focusing on the Ruler of the IC, and his condition.

My father died when I was 20. I would consider "early" to be before the Second Saturn Square. This is because Saturn rules the father, and the cycles of Saturn are great markers of maturity. If before this age, then there will be immaturity, or a great sense of loss that will not have been able to be dealt with properly.

In all cases the multiplicity of testimonies must be observed, the strength of the Afflicting planets, and the absence of assistance to neutralize the evil influence, before you predict death.

The Lord of the 4th in Conjunction with the Lord of the 8th, without interposing Aspects of Fortunes or Reception.

It is a very ill sign when the Lord of the 4th is in Conjunction with the Lords of the 6th, 8th, or 12th, and in ill aspect to a malefic with no reception.

The Lord of the 4th Cadent, and the Lord of the 8th in an Angle, especially if the latter be a Retrograde, Peregrine, Combust, Slow, Detriment, Fall. Or there be no reception.

The Moon applying to a Planet in the 8th, and the Lord of the 4th applying to the Lord of the 8th, or to evil planets therein, indicates the death of the father.

The Lord of the 4th under the Earth, and in ill-Aspect to the Lord of the 8th in the 8th, or if the two Lords be Malefics in Conjunction in the 4th House, without any Reception.

the Lord of the 4th in the 6th, 8th, or 12th House, and Afflicted by Malefics, with no Reception, are very evil.

The Lord of the 4th Retrograde and Conjoined with the the Moon in the 8th, or in Square or Opposition to the Lord of 4th.

Ruler of the 4th conjoined with Aldebaran, Antares, Caput Algol, or other violent fixed stars, is also evil.

Both Luminaries Afflicted by Saturn in an Angle, it is testimony of a tedious, long illness.

The Moon in the 4th with Mars; The Sun with Saturn, are testimonies of death.

Also when the Moon is near the Cusp of the Ascendant, in Square of Mars from the 4th.

The Lord of the 4th Combust in the 8th House, or if the Ruler of the 6th is Combust in the 4th House. And especially if the Lord of the 8th be Afflicted or Peregrine.

If astrologers aren't comfortable with the topic of the 8th house, death, they ought not to do astrology, no offense. We can't judge these things. Each house has a topic, and every question is exceptionally valid.

Last edited:

Claire19

There would be aspects more to your 10th or 4th house for the parental axis.
Aspects to the 8th house can indicate death, yes. Pluto and Saturn are the planets of death. But of course we never die, just move over in astral form.
12th house connections would indicate death especially if in an institution such as a hospital. Accidents could involve Uranus. If the Sun in the 8th is well aspected it can indicate a legacy or an inheritance from father.

Claire19

astroman1 said:
My Father died when I was 12. My sun is in 8th house and so is Mercury. Sun-Mercury are conjunct. There might be something to the Sun in the 8th house. Both Sun and Mercury are Opposition Pluto in Second house.

Not sure if that indicated loss of father at early age, but it happened anyways. Im guessing Transits are also important to consider.

Transits and progressions give timing of events but the aspects must have an echo in the natal chart for inevitability. What was transitting your 4th 10th house axis when you were twelve? This will give the picture. Sun Mercury opposing Pluto in 2nd house can mean loss of finances and personal assets through other people. It can be that male persons and perhaps a sibling would somehow cause you to lose these assets. Paperwork such as a Will may be involved. Or no Will at all.