mercury retrograde

alexisbucklin

hi! i'm kinda new to the astrology community. i know that when mercury is retrograde things from the past are brought up. does this include things that happened during mercury's shadow period? for example if a break up occurred during the shadow period, would it be reconsidered when mercury goes retrograde? Should I talk to him during the retrograde or wait until it's over?

Last edited:

ashriia

Hello welcome.

It would likely be reconsidered throughout the Mercury RX cycle. Final decision would be after Mercury RX.

waybread

Is Mercury direct or retrograde in your own chart?

Mercury goes retrograde a lot of the time. It can signal miscommunications of various sorts. On the other hand, those of us with Mercury retrograde natally know enough to take extra care and precautions with communications and travel plans, regardless of whether Mercury is retrograde or direct.

I've never heard of Mercury's "shadow period."

Even during the "Shadowy Period", same precautions done during the Retrograde must be applied: you have to be cautious, gentle and slow with the way you communicate, and no rushing to any decision or making new promises.

It is believed/observed that Mercury Rx Reunions aren't always meant to last.

Although, the Retrograde has passed (September 5), we're still in it's Post-shadow phase until Sept. 19. Wait it out till after that if you can.

I wish you the best.

Last edited: