Will I get pregnant this year?

caltron

Updated again: Will I get pregnant this year?

I am trying for my second child and wanted to know if I will get pregnant this year. It took me eight months to conceive my first, and since I am not getting any younger, I am wondering if it will happen this year. We started trying about two months ago.

I know that according to Lilly, if the ruler of the fifth house is in the first and in a fertile sign, that is "yes".

However, I'm concerned because I know the general rule is to look at the signs on the ascendant and fifth, and with aquarius and gemini, those are barren signs. Also, the ruler of the ascendant is Saturn and the ruler of the fifth is mercury, and they aren't making any major aspects to each other. I am also worried about the fact that the moon is combust and Mercury is under the sunbeams. But then again, the moon is also in the first and conjunct mercury.

I'm not sure if I should just stick by the simple Lilly rule or take everything into consideration.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_66_this_year_56423_41282.jpg
    astro_2gw_66_this_year_56423_41282.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I am trying for my second child and wanted to know if I will get pregnant this year. It took me eight months to conceive my first, and since I am not getting any younger, I am wondering if it will happen this year. We started trying about two months ago..........

btw - fwiw - There is an astrological method that can - by focusing on your most fertile five days each month - be helpful in predicting those five days each month when you may be most likely to conceive

Having created your free natal chart on astro.com select Extended Chart Selection page and choose “special charts”. Scroll down the pop up menu (that appears when you click on the small triangle) and you'll notice the last choice is “Lunar Phases Fertility Calendar” - select that and then click to show the chart. That displays a twelve month calendar with your likely conception dates - based on your astrological information.

Your most likely Conception dates are indicated in red. Either a Venus or a Mars logo above each area accentuated in red indicates whether a child conceived at that time is likely either girl or boy

The idea is Venus = Girl
Mars = Boy :smile:

caltron

Seems like everyone is burned out on the pregnancy horary questions, lol. I guess I will have to see how everything plays out.

I am feeling a lot more positive about my chances than I did when I originally posted the question. In posting pregnancy related horaries in the past, I often found that whenever my significator or cosignificator was debilitated, that it almost always signified my worry and anxiety. I do tend to be a worrier. I think I read somewhere that the eighth house is a house of anxiety, and Saturn my significator is in this house as well.

I will update this thread if I get pregnant or at the end of the year if not for those who need practice at this.

Last edited:

fensi88

Yes, you will; we see Moon/you wil conjunct Me ruler of 5house/get pregnant, so that is yes answer to your question!

caltron

Yes, you will; we see Moon/you wil conjunct Me ruler of 5house/get pregnant, so that is yes answer to your question!

Thanks so much for your reading fensi88! I really appreciate it. I've posted a few pregnancy related horary questions on this thread, and they've been 100% accurate. I know it does take time to read and analyze charts. Thanks again and I'll update when I know something! :)

LisaDay

Hi All

I have a wonderfull 10 year old daughter who was conceived quite easy the first time (6) months in 2001 she was born 7/11/2001 but have tried for another since 2004 but to nothing would like to to know if i will have another child in the next few year's.Have uploaded a natal chart.

Capricorn girl:innocent:

Attachments

• astrochart of Lisa Day.jpg
    astrochart of Lisa Day.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 34

dr. farr

I am trying for my second child and wanted to know if I will get pregnant this year. It took me eight months to conceive my first, and since I am not getting any younger, I am wondering if it will happen this year. We started trying about two months ago.

I know that according to Lilly, if the ruler of the fifth house is in the first and in a fertile sign, that is "yes".

However, I'm concerned because I know the general rule is to look at the signs on the ascendant and fifth, and with aquarius and gemini, those are barren signs. Also, the ruler of the ascendant is Saturn and the ruler of the fifth is mercury, and they aren't making any major aspects to each other. I am also worried about the fact that the moon is combust and Mercury is under the sunbeams. But then again, the moon is also in the first and conjunct mercury.

I'm not sure if I should just stick by the simple Lilly rule or take everything into consideration.

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)

Based on the placement of the SN in Gemini (lord of the 5th whole sign house) I would say, pregnancy is unlikely at least unti after September of this year (when the SN transits out of Gemini into Taurus); after September, 2012, possibilities are more favorable**...

(however, I think still probably unlikely, due to Aquarius on ascendant, Virgo on 8th, Sagittarius on 11th; Mercury is in fertile Pisces, but also in its detriment; Moon's position might be of benefit, but not prior to the exit of the SN from the 5th whole sign house this coming September)

Last edited:

caltron

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)

Based on the placement of the SN in Gemini (lord of the 5th whole sign house) I would say, pregnancy is unlikely at least unti after September of this year (when the SN transits out of Gemini into Taurus); after September, 2012, possibilities are more favorable**...

(however, I think still probably unlikely, due to Aquarius on ascendant, Virgo on 8th, Sagittarius on 11th; Mercury is in fertile Pisces, but also in its detriment; Moon's position might be of benefit, but not prior to the exit of the SN from the 5th whole sign house this coming September)

Thanks so much Dr. Farr! I've always found your interpretations so helpful, even when they are not exactly what I want to hear.

I am going to be consulting a naturopath soon, so maybe that will help things move more toward my favor. Can you see anything about what is causing the delay? Is it something physical in me or my dh that may need to be addressed?

LisaDay

Hi
Have you tried the Luna fertillity wheel on astro?
The red lines tell you when you are most fertile to try and conceive a baby every month.
I think it is under special chart's the middle one when you go to free chart's and chart drawings.
Good luck to you hope this helps you as well.

Capricorn girl:smile:

dr. farr

All I can see (either from the horary or from the profected natal) is a quality of time influence relative to the "delay"; perhaps this can be overcome by following indications suggested by LisaDay in her above post; certainly enhancing your vitality with natural methods/remedies suggested by your Naturopathic Doctor will help as well.
Best Wishes!

SagiCap

Hi
Have you tried the Luna fertillity wheel on astro?
The red lines tell you when you are most fertile to try and conceive a baby every month.
I think it is under special chart's the middle one when you go to free chart's and chart drawings.
Good luck to you hope this helps you as well.

Capricorn girl:smile:

Woah. I'm a little freaked out right now after just doing the Personal Sounds Horoscope. It's under Special Charts too. How the heck does one interpret that into any logic ... I have never tried drugs but imagine this is just as trippy? What is the song trying to tell me? LOL!

LisaDay

Lol!
When i first looked at it last year i thought what the hell?What does it mean then i went and read down the bottom of the chart and a light came up in my head.

Trying for a second one is a killer i am trying as well my daughter is 10 and really want's a sibling so bad all her friends mum's are having baby number two and there are so many of them must be in the water.

There is a website for special fertility tablets not the ones that make you pop 1000 eggs at a time but it's in the usa came across last year has all types to make it easy for you called fertilAid dr's have sworn by it.
Don't know if your in America i'm not so i might not be able to buy them.
Website www.fairhavenhealth.com/fertilAid-for-women.html and www.FertilAid.com Hope this helps you some more.:smile:

caltron

LisaDay, I have tried the Luna Fertility Wheel on astro. I think it's really neat, but I think I remember reading somewhere that our bodies can become out of sync with nature--which could be why TTC is so difficult for me!

SagiCap, I've never tried the personal sounds horoscope. I will definitely check it out.

Also, thanks again Dr. Farr. I'm actually a little relieved that you don't see anything. My personal hunch is that my body is out of balance in general, and that combined with stress and both me and my dh's hectic work schedules is delaying things. Your chart reading, although a little disappointing, lets me know that if I really want to have another child, I will have to make some fundamental changes to bring it about. I definitely think if I had gone on like I have been for the past few months, I would not have had success for a long times.

And to all the ladies who are trying to conceive, I recommend two books--Taking Care of Your Fertility (which is a very well known book) and then after you have the basics down, a book called Making Babies, which was recently recommended to me and I have been reading over the past couple of days. When I conceived dd, like a lot of women who are having a hard time conceiving, I tried every thing on the planet. I lucked up and found some things that worked for me, but the second time around, I'm not sure what worked and what didn't. I was pleased to find after reading the Making Babies book that the things that I tried did in fact have a direct impact on my success in TTC and it wasn't a fluke

The Making Babies book combines the best of Western and Eastern medicine and divides women into certain fertility types. Specific recommendations are given for each type. A lot of times I tried things that worked for other people but didn't for me because I was of a different fertility type. For instance, for my type, I absolutely positively should not drink coffee. While coffee in general reduces everyone's fertility, some types are able to consume it in moderation and still conceive. I had been really resistant to giving up coffee again this go round because I love it so, but it looks like something I will have to do until my family is complete.

Also, sorry for the book, but if I had to do it all over again, I would have explored more natural remedies and Chinese medicine first before I had begun TTC. I have learned SO much about my body since I have been reading up about natural methods. Also, I think most conventional doctors are too quick to push Clomid, IUI and IVF when many women don't need it. It's definitely a one-size-fits all approach for a subject that is anything but.

caltron

Just wanted to post an update on my situation. After I connsidering everyone's readings, I decided to go make an appointment with an acupuncturist sooner rather than later. As I had been suspecting, my body is out of balance and I need to rebuild my qi. This was caused by a combination of my age, having a child fairly recently, and just the constant stresses of being working parent in general.

I've been going for the past couple of weeks, and I've seen some improvements. The good thing about acupuncture and chinese medicine is that you can see what is going on in your body by looking at your tongue. Although I've made lots of improvements, I will need several more weeks before everything gets back right, and I will need to find more time during the day to relax and get more balance in my life. After going to the acupuncturist, I realize that I am stressed out in general and my libido has been shot to pieces as a consequence. I can see why I wasn't gettng pregnant and it was probably good that I didn't at this time.

So it's looking like Dr. Farr's reading was very much on point. If I had done nothing, then it would have been extremely unlikely that I would have gotten pregnant this year. But now that I'm working on the problem, I have a good chance of getting pregnant in the next 3-6 months, which is right around the time the dragon's tail would be moving out of my fifth house.

It looks fensi88's reading could be right as well too and I hope that it is.

Anyway, thanks to all of you who have posted. As you can see, it really has helped me quite a bit in figuring out what the problem could be and moving in the right direction. I'll definitely keep you all posted, because I know I always learn a lot from the questions others have asked, and often wonder what the outcomes were.

rafaella

Unfortunately, I don't think there is pregnancy this year, or if you do get pregnant, it may not be a successful pregnancy. Fixed angles, ASC ruler Saturn at 29 degree, and RX. Mercury and Saturn do not aspect, Moon does aspect Mercury and it looks like 6 units (6 months) , but both are combust. Combustion is very severe, especially for Moon. Moon is way to weak and debilitated to make things happen. The good thing is Moon and Mercury are moving away from Sun, so successful pregnancy could happen, just not soon.

What seen here is that Moon and Mercury do aspect in 6 units, so 6 months after question a possible pregnancy, however I'm concerned about Mercury opposition Mars Rx.

I think if you try fertility shots or other natural remedies, you could possibly ask another horary to see if those particular treatments will help in having a successful pregnancy. I do think your health may be the issue, Moon rules 6th and combust, Saturn Rx - Both show your body is not in best shape.

I'd suggest to check your natal progressed chart with transits to see when you could have another baby.

I do hope you have a successful pregnancy this year! :)

Best wishes!

caltron

Thanks so much Rafaella for your very detailed response! I had wondered about the effect of the moon and mercury being combust, so now you and the other posters have confirmed that was indeed something to be concerned about. When I first asked the question, we had only been trying for five months, but I had a nagging feeling that something wasn't right and that is what moved me to ask the horary question. What's really interesting to me is that both you and Dr. Farr have come to similar conclusions using very different techniques.

From what you've posted, it looks like it would be a good idea for me to ask another horary question now that I've begun accupunture and taking prescribed herbs. I guess that question should specifically mention the acupuncture treatments.

However, I think that question will be several weeks away because I just don't feel moved to ask another question right now. Now that I feel that things are moving in the right direction, I'm pretty content to just continue on with the treatments, focus on getting my body primed for pregnancy, and just seeing what happens. From what my acupuncturist has told me, being in a rush and stressed out all the time is part of my problem, so I've come to peace with not getting what I want immediately. It's probably for the best! I might check out my progressed natal chart though.

Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to look at my chart. This is one of those cases where astrology has really helped someone. I just can't tell you how much! :)

Last edited: