Solar Eclipses in Solar Return

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
I remembered a couple of years ago, surfing around looking for eclipse information (purely astronomical, I wanted to see one, was looking for where they were) and I noted there was going to be a total solar eclipse on my birthday. Well, remembering this I went and looked up eclipse dates and I found out that this birthday eclipse is actually my next birthday.

So, I was wondering. What does it mean when your Solar return chart happens to contain a total Solar eclipse on top of your natal Sol? Sounds scary. I don't want to die at nineteen. :-S I doubt it's anything that serious or scary, but I was definitely interested in it and wondered if anyone had any thoughts as I have no idea when it comes to eclipses.

starlink

Hello young Senshi-san! I dont think you will have to worry about dying:D really!! Now Stephen Arroyo (if you have no books of him, get at least one! he is my heroe) writes that "traditional astrology places much more emphasis on eclipses than on new and full Moons and, in the past, they were considered to be exclusively "malific influences". Stephen prefers the more contemporary attitude to interpretation, which suggest that ANY new or full Moon, eclipse or not, will activate that part of the chart where it falls.
Activation can be defined as a sharp focus which boosts or energizes (sounds better already!;) )sometimes providing a positive :cool: potential but often demanding extra action and creating a flurry of activity.

The influence has a certain positive neutrality and should be viewed as drawing to the surface whatever the contact in the natal chart means.
For instance if the Eclipse falls on the indulgently aspected Jupiter in your 2nd house, an exaggerated money crisis/expenditure, is likely to follow.

The Conjunction is the most important aspect to consider, when evaluating full and new Moons, followed by the opposition.
Indeed, in the case of a full Moon, the Sun-Moon opposition will automatically both conjunct and oppose any sensitive natal degree at the same time.
Small orbs are to be considered, within 2°!
Other aspects can also be considered but are very much subsidiary to the conjunction.

The affairs of the house in which the new or full Moon falls, even if no natal planet is aspected, may sometimes be highlighted, but the effect is not strong.
In the case of a full Moon, the houses polarity is emphasized and this will be especialy noticeable if it occurs conjunct the angles.
From Stephen Arroyo's own experience, the full Mooon is the stronger (98 ° of all werewolves agree with this!).
The effects will usually occur in the two weeks up to the next Sun-Moon conjunction or opposition and sometimes lataer, during the complete lunar month itself. Often the activity will appear to extend over a period of several months. Example: This is because the numerical degree of the full or new Moon in a certain sign will change only gradually (decreasing) as it moves on from sign to sign each month. Thus, a new Moon separating from the conjunction of Mars conjunct Uranus in the birth chart one month will very likely to be square the natal conjunction three months later and six month later could even be within orbs of the opposition. In this case the unpredictably volatile aspect would be strongly activated, resulting in a highly energized period that could produce anything from an exciting new breakthrough to a series of mishaps or accidents. As in all forecasting, it depends on how Mars and Uranus fit into the rest of the birthchart and what degree of consciousness and personal responsibility the individual has.

You also must look at other transits and progressions in the same time period. It is actually difficult to differentiate between the effects of thenew Moons and the transits and progressions.
Although most eclipses (and to a lesser extent, presumably, new and full Moons)are unfavourable in their influence, they can bring good results when the other transits and the progressions are favorable.
Finally, new and full Moons (and Eclipses of course) can often act as trigger points for activity asssociated with other broader progressions and transits in force at the time.

I hope this will give you some idea about what could happen to you. Very interesting, it does not happen that often, an Eclipse on top of the Sun. I would start a diary of events, just to look back on.
Cheers, Starlink

Culpeper

Premium Member
This is a very serious and powerful transit. It can effect your health especially if it falls in the sixth or first house. Accidents are possible if Mars or Saturn are at all involved. Take precautions. If in good houses with favorable aspects, expect favorable opportunities, but be prepared for problems. __Eclipses__ by Celeste Teal is a good book to read in preparation for this. As a student of astrology, keep a written record and let us know what happens.

Neptune Rising

I'm fascinated by eclipes.

That book by Celeste Teal is very good, I agree with Culpeper.

This is what it says about solar eclipse on your Sun:

An eclipse to the Sun may very well get you noticed, and it often signifies important contacts and crucial decisions. A close association brought about by this eclipse is often the source of new experience. With a positive eclipse, your confidence gets a boost and obstacles that have previously slowed your efforts my suddenly clear. Rewards are forthcoming.. With a difficult eclipse to the Sun, you may initially experience an identiy crisis or wonder about your handling of life, feeling quite unequipped to handle all thats expected.

So it all depends on what everything else is doing at the time.
NR

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Thanks everybody. I'll definitely keep a little journal of what's going on and share it, but I was wondering, how long would I keep it going? How long would the eclipse's effect last? The entire year?

Sol is actually in my Tenth house for this next Solar Return and luckily he suffers no afflictions. Maybe it will be a positive thing. *hopes hopes hopes*

starlink

Sol is actually in my Tenth house for this next Solar Return and luckily he suffers no afflictions
I think this says it all! Impact can therefore be beneficial and there is a good chance of big things happening in your public life. (I'm not surprised really, you are a clever cooky!).
Cheers, Star.
Influence could happen like written above, depending on the aspects, probably up to half a year-a year.
Good luck to you!! Star.

Last edited:

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Awesome, awesome. Maybe it'll be big enough where I don't have to keep a journal, but EVERYONE will know! :D It's every Leo's dream to be famous, you know. :D

What kind of aspects would elongate the transitory effect of the eclipse?