2011 Solar Return -- Indicating Marriage?

DKAngel

My Solar Return chart this year has Moon, Mercury Rx and Sun conjunct Venus in the 7th. Saturn is in the 8th.

I do not think I have had a 7th house pileup in a Solar Return before. Is it anyone else's experience or knowledge that this could mean marriage will occur?

Attachments

• solarreturn2011.jpg
    solarreturn2011.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

ethertwist

What is the natal house that is brought to the Ascendant (the natal house that contains the sign and degree of the SR Ascendant)? That will give you an immediate sense of what the flavor might be for the upcoming year because issues related to that natal house are brought to the fore. You might want to post your natal and SR chart so that we can see how the two work in tandem (everything relates back to the natal). With the Sun in the 7th house of the SR chart, relationships and partnerships could definitely be occupying your thoughts and attention and since you have a stellium in that house, it seems likely that there will be some sort of relationship or partnership activity. Are you currently in a relationship? If not, it's probably unlikely that you will rush through the stages of a new relationship to marriage in less than a year, but if you are, perhaps things will be getting more serious or committed? Again, it will depend on the interplay between your natal and SR chart as well as secondary progressions for marriage indicators.

Last edited:

DKAngel

The 7th house is brought to the SR Asc. I have now attached the SR chart to the original post.

There is a relationship but it is not committed and goes up and down (his issues...he has been experiencing tough long-term transits from Neptune and Chiron to his Sun, and lately, Mercury Rx and Mars, as well as his 1st Sat Return in Libra).

What is the natal house that is brought to the Ascendant (the natal house that contains the sign and degree of the SR Ascendant)? That will give you an immediate sense of what the flavor might be for the upcoming year because issues related to that natal house are brought to the fore. You might want to post your natal and SR chart so that we can see how the two work in tandem (everything relates back to the natal). With the Sun in the 7th house of the SR chart, relationships and partnerships could definitely be occupying your thoughts and attention and since you have a stellium in that house, it seems likely that there will be some sort of relationship or partnership activity. Are you currently in a relationship? If not, it's probably unlikely that you will rush through the stages of a new relationship to marriage in less than a year, but if you are, perhaps things will be getting more serious or committed? Again, it will depend on the interplay between your natal and SR chart as well as secondary progressions to for marriage indicators.

ethertwist

The 7th house is brought to the SR Asc. I have now attached the SR chart to the original post.

There is a relationship but it is not committed and goes up and down (his issues...he has been experiencing tough long-term transits from Neptune and Chiron to his Sun, and lately, Mercury Rx and Mars, as well as his 1st Sat Return in Libra).

Your Natal 7th brought to the 1st house in your SR chart certainly adds more weight to the partnership theme of your SR chart. It would seem likely that something significant might transpire in your relationship this year that will be directing your focus to it. I would look at the 12 Lunar Return charts for the upcoming Solar year so that you can identify the month(s) where there will be the most pertinent activity related to this overall theme of the year. The LR chart that most closely resembles the SR chart (whether by aspects, configurations, same sign rising, etc.) would be a month that might find the most obvious manifestation of the SR potential. I've also read that if you have a Cardinal sign rising (e.g., Capricorn) in your SR chart, then you should look to the first four months of the Solar year for the bulk of the activity (a Fixed sign rising would relate to the middle of the SR year, and Mutable the final four months), but I'm sure there are divergent schools of thought about that.

I can't emphasize enough the importance of bringing it all back to your natal chart. Are there any planets or angles in your SR chart that conjunct natal planets or angles? If possible, definitely post your natal chart as well because that's the highly important missing link and since your discussing the possibility of marriage, this also relates to synastry and how compatible you and your partner really are.

I'm probably not the sharpest chart delineator on this site, so perhaps someone else might give it a whirl and be able to synthesize it all with greater precision. :smile:

Last edited:

DKAngel

I rather thought so, about the intense marriage/commitment focus in this SR year. I will calculate those LR charts this weekend.

How interesting about the Cardinal Asc. I have marked those 4 months on my calendar. I may be reporting some interesting Christmas 2011 news or coming up on New Yeas Day 2012 with some interesting changes.

I calculated my natal and SR chart together (with houses).

In the SR chart the contacts are...

SR Neptune Rx (SR 7th house) is conjunct the SR 8th house cusp

SR Sun (exact) and Venus (2 degrees) are conjunct natal Sun in the SR 1st house...which also put SR Venus in a 4 degree approaching conjunct with natal Uranus in the SR 1st house

SR Mars is in an approaching conjunct (2 degrees) with natal Venus and Mars in the SR 6th house

Thank you for what you have written. It helps me immensely in terms of getting a handle on things. It makes so much sense with what I am already seeing, although the SR year won't start for a few months. I am going to look back at my 2010 SR chart.

Your Natal 7th brought to the 1st house in your SR chart certainly adds more weight to the partnership theme of your SR chart. It would seem likely that something significant might transpire in your relationship this year that will be directing your focus to it. I would look at the 12 Lunar Return charts for the upcoming Solar year so that you can identify the month(s) where there will be the most pertinent activity related to this overall theme of the year. The LR chart that most closely resembles the SR chart (whether by aspects, configurations, same sign rising, etc.) would be a month that might find the most obvious manifestation of the SR potential. I've also read that if you have a Cardinal sign rising (e.g., Capricorn) in your SR chart, then you should look to the first four months of the Solar year for the bulk of the activity (a Fixed sign rising would relate to the middle of the SR year, and Mutable the final four months), but I'm sure there are divergent schools of thought about that.

I can't emphasize enough the importance of bringing it all back to your natal chart. Are there any planets or angles in your SR chart that conjunct natal planets or angles? If possible, definitely post your natal chart as well because that's the highly important missing link and since your discussing the possibility of marriage, this also relates to synastry and how compatible you and your partner really are.

I'm probably not the sharpest chart delineator on this site, so perhaps someone else might give it a whirl and be able to synthesize it all with greater precision. :smile: