Simple Sabian Question

Lion o ness

My NN is at 26Cap00

Do I look at 26 or 27 Cap, since its exact and has no minutes.

I understand, you always use the next degree as the symbol, but Im wondering here which one. Is it ALWAYS looking at the next number?

PHASE 296 (CAPRICORN 26°): A NATURE SPIRIT DANCING IN THE IRIDESCENT MIST OF A WATERFALL.
KEYNOTE: The ability to perceive the hidden and creative spirit of natural phenomena.

PHASE 297 (CAPRICORN 27°):
PILGRIMS CLIMBING THE STEEP STEPS LEADING TO A MOUNTAIN SHRINE.
KEYNOTE: The ascent of the individualized consciousness to the highest realizations reached by the spiritual leaders of its culture.

dr. farr

Using the Sabian numeration given here on the AW website (front page of the site, not here in the forum) you would use 27 Capricorn; however, there are a few sites which have corrected the numeration from the old style to the style now used to number signs as erected by modern chart-erecting techniques (all of the computer based chart generators) If you find such a site then you would use 26 Capricorn BUT IN THE NUMERATION CORRECTED LISTINGS THE SAME SYMBOL-PILGRIMS CLIMBING STEPS-WOULD BE GIVEN FOR 26 Capricorn.
(See my posts in the thread, "Do you use Sabian symbols", in the Horary Technique section)

Last edited:

dr. farr

Piercethevale makes an excellent point about reading both Sabian symbols in making an interpretation (this is like in Tarot where we use a 2 or 3 card spread and combine the meanings for our answer)