PDA

View Full Version : How do you know what your real natal chart is?

Galactic_Night
01-11-2008, 04:57 PM
I did it on Astrodienst and here (same info) but they turned out different (things in different houses etc..) So how do I know what one is the real one?

wilsontc
01-11-2008, 08:31 PM
Galactic,

The charting program on Astrology Weekly has a few bugs in it. Trust the Astrodienst chart as they are experts in charting issues.

Trusting astro.com,

Tim

Arian Maverick
01-11-2008, 09:17 PM
Yes, the Astrology Weekly chart calculator is trickier to use in my opinion because you have to manually set the daylight savings time settings and the coordinates. Not to mention any bugs that might be in the program...

Arian Maverick

Bodhiddly
01-11-2008, 11:54 PM
I have found that astrodienst uses really wide orbs for their aspects. Also has an odd interpretation for planets on the cusps of houses, interpreting them as in the next house instead of in the house they are in.

Arian Maverick
01-12-2008, 12:02 AM
I have found that astrodienst uses really wide orbs for their aspects. Also has an odd interpretation for planets on the cusps of houses, interpreting them as in the next house instead of in the house they are in.

I agree that Astrodienst's orbs are too wide, but I never minded that they interpret planets on the cusps of houses as if they are in the next house; I am of the mindset that the cusp is the most powerful part of a house, but not the actual beginning of this house--that it extends several degrees before the cusp.

I suppose it's just a matter of preference ;)

Arian Maverick

sageofaquarius
01-12-2008, 10:11 AM
You can download a basic chart calculator free of charge from www.halloran.com (http://www.halloran.com). I've been using it for ten years or so and haven't found any major problems. It's a clean site (no advertising) and you won't get bombarded with spam. It's free because they want to entice you to pay for the more sophisticated downloads.

lillyjgc
01-12-2008, 02:26 PM
Galactic Night:
hi. I dont want to complicate things, but also when you draw up your natal you have to choose which house system to use. I think most of us use Placidus cusps for natal. If you use a different house system, you may find, as I did, that planets are falling in different houses which does affect the interpretation. Being a Libran (!) I tried a few different house systems...Koch houses work well for me too- but it depends where you were born.all I can suggest here is that you set up your natal using a few different house systems, and see which one places planets in houses that make sense to you and your life. For example, using one house system puts my natal sun in the tenth..Another system places it in the 11th....After much thought on this I have decided to go with the Placidus cusps that place the sun in my 10th, as I have always worked in the public eye and for the government at different stages of my life- it also *fits* with parental issues i have experienced....so while *house system* may seem arbitrary it is in fact an important decision. What do others have to say on this?
lillyjgc

gaer
01-12-2008, 05:58 PM
After much thought on this I have decided to go with the Placidus cusps that place the sun in my 10th, as I have always worked in the public eye and for the government at different stages of my life- it also *fits* with parental issues i have experienced....so while *house system* may seem arbitrary it is in fact an important decision. What do others have to say on this?
lillyjgc
There was a fine article on Skyscript about using different house systems, but I can't find it now.

At present an article about the problems of casting a chart near the poles is featured on that site:

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/polar1.html

I could not understand most of the article, but it does mention problems I have been aware of for a long time.

Gaer