05-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Would be most grateful to know. I started a thread last month but it stalled quickly because I couldn't attach a horary chart (I know, I'm a dunce! :rolleyes:).
Thanks for any help.
05-30-2007, 03:07 AM
no, you are not a dunce....the way I do it (not always successfully!) is as follows: I draw up the chart in my astrology program and then I save this chart to <my pictures>. I have joined <photobucket> so I go to photobucket, open the prog. and upload the astrology chart to photobucket.From there I upload the photo to the thread.I know I am leaving something out here but as my daughter helps me and she isnt home at the moment that's all I can say at this point. I too, look forward to further feedback here...we can all learn...lillyjgc
05-30-2007, 09:24 AM
I understand that your inquiry pertains to posting a chart in the Relationship Horary section in particular, but I moved your post here, because I suspect that there are several people that would like to know how to upload horoscopes in any area of the forums, and so I found this post most suitable to General Chat, as it isn't a horary upon a relationship per se, which a post i the Relationship Horary forum ought to be.
In order to upload a chart:
* Draw your chart in whichever program you wish to use, but Astrodienst is pretty popular:
* Go into file and right click, 'save as', and name the image before saving.
* Go to ImageShack: www.imageshack.com (http://www.imageshack.com)
* Hit 'browse', so that you can find your saved image under 'pictures' or where you saved it.
* Right click on your image, and then right click 'open'.
* The code for the image will then appear in the bar that has the 'browse' button to the right of it. This being done you are now ready to upload the image.
* Now, before uploading the image, you will probably need to check the box that asks you if you like to 'resize image?'. Try not to make the upload size too large or too small. '800x600' is a good size, it's large enough for the chart to be readable without making the thread wider than the screen, so that scrolling left and right across the page is continually necessary throughout the thread. Just a bug-bear of mine.;)
* Then, to begin the upload, click 'host it!'.
* All being well, in a few moments (it takes longer at some times than others), you will be presented with a new page, where you will see a minature image of the image you have uploaded, and you will see various bars with codes in them, and these are different options depending upon the way in which you are seeking to upload the image and where.
* Look for the bar which is called 'hotlink for forums (1)', left-click upon the code that appears in that bar, and then right-click upon it, and 'copy'.
* Now that you have copied the code, all you need to do, is right click in the post in which you want the image to appear, and then 'paste'.
* This code will now appear upon the screen alongside what you have written in your post, and the code will then appear as an image when you have published your post. You may wish to 'preview' your post, to check the image before posting.
* There you have it! You should have a chart featured alongside your published post.
I will also point out that you can also provide a link to your chart image by including a link as an 'attachment' at the bottom of your post. So that readers can right click upon the attachment, and be taken to a new page that will be opened, featuring you image. However, I do not know how to do this, so if someone could in turn give me this information I would be grateful.
If and when someone comes along to give us this information, you will then know two different ways in which you can have a horroscope featured along with your posts, with the horoscope either featured within the post itself or added as an attachment.
Have a go at the way of uploading I have described however, as this is the classic way to upload an image, and the knowledge may come in handy in many different respects while using the internet.
05-30-2007, 12:11 PM
There's a nice visual guide in the thread Step by Step guide on -- How to insert an image here? -- (http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1171) ;)
05-30-2007, 07:40 PM
Thanks for all the great advice guys! I am really grateful!
I will be trying out your suggestions anon.
vBulletin® v3.8.2, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.