View Full Version : Headed in the right direction?
I currently work as a designer (illustrator and I do animation at times), and recently hit the wall with it. I was just tired of working on unsatisfying jobs for clients I didn't care too much for.
Please take a look at my chart and tell me what you think. I always thought my chart was a weird one, in that I have planets spread out all over the place, but what do I know?
One thing I know for sure about my vocational life is--I'd love to sell my own ideas and have that sustain me. Pie-in-the-sky, I know. (jupipter square neptune?), but I guess that's why they call them dreams!
01-26-2007, 04:53 AM
If we use Noel Tyl's "Midheaven extension method":
- Taurus (ruled by Venus) Modifies Midheaven
Venus is in Aries (ruled by Mars)
Mars is in Cancer (ruled by Moon)
Moon is in Libra (ruled by Venus)
So there is an interchange of energy with Venus (art)-Mars (action)-Moon (home)
- Sun (self-expression) conjuncts (energy is combined with) Mercury (details) conjuncts Midheaven
- North node (future goals) is focused in the 4th house (home) near Neptune (artistry)
This indicates a career that combines art and action in the home and has detailed self-expression. If you do home design, then there is a good fit. If not, maybe you can consider doing home design of some type.
Thanks for the fast reply, Tim!
It's funny, I design for a living, and I work out of my house. Close enough? Hah!
Interestingly enough, my parents have designed the last two homes they've lived in, and they always consult me when it comes to this.
Thanks for the insights. My focus for the past 10 years has been animation with some writing on the side (in short: designing characters). I wonder if this goes contrary to what may be a better fit.
You've certainly got me thinking!
01-26-2007, 01:25 PM
1. the very first thing that springs out is your leo ascendancy= high profile, sun sextile jupiter also supports high profile.
2. sun semisquare venus does give you good taste and style, hmmm 1 + 2 = womens fashions???? jupiter in pisces gives you a star here too.
3. moon in libra- feng shui
4. venus in aries and mars semisquare mc gives you natural/easy competitiveness
5. venus opposite pluto and mars in cancer supports the above placements
6. mars quincunx neptune- this is giving rise to your change of work considerations now.
There is also a second side to your chart which emphasizes differing modes of communications. so if life maneuvers you to places you have not set too many roots in, do not be surprised and do not fight this, it is meant to be.
Thanks, 2rainbows. Right now I've hit a serious dry spot in my career and I'm considering shifting gears...just don't know what to. Every since I moved back to where I grew up (I've been gone for 14 years), work has dried up more and more.
01-27-2007, 07:39 AM
Pluto is slowly moving towards squaring your natal Venus, the ruler of your Mc indeed...
May be that could be an astrological indication that you need transformation in matters of your career
But with Venus in Aries, a sudden, impulsive sign, i would suggest to think twice about career change...
Also Saturn, ruler of house 6, is for the moment conjunct your rising... This could indicate the expressing now of your unhappiness with your daily work
Good lord, when is this cycle going to end! I'm going back to school, taking some courses in the meanwhile. Inspiration has more or less dried up for the past 3 months or so!
vBulletin® v3.8.2, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.