PDA

View Full Version : Best sign for a fighter

exodus
12-29-2006, 04:33 PM
I always wondered what sign makes the best fighter. Yes, some of you might say Aries straight away, but I've noticed that a great deal of my favorite fighters are in fact... Libra.

Just look at Evander Holyfield 4 time heavyweight boxing champion... or a whole slew of other less known but perhaps even better fighters from the mixed martial arts scene, Rich Franklin, Matt Hughes, Fedor Emelianenko, Brandon Vera all on the top of their game.

What do you guys think?

Lissa
12-29-2006, 05:16 PM
I think it goes way beyond Sun signs;it must have something to do with the position of Mars,or Mars aspects to the personal planets.I'm not a profissional astrologer so i can't really give you more help with this one :S
But,I loveeee wrestling and,as I was searching for my favourite wrestler's profiles on the net,I was amazed to find out that some of them are actually Pisces(one of my favourite wrestler is a Piscean!),Taurus,Virgo or some other more low-key,non-agressive sign.
It might be interesting to consider that I'm a Pisces as well :P But Mars squares my Sun from 21degrees Gemini.

Wishing you the best,
Lissa

Teddybull
01-01-2007, 07:52 PM
I haven't researched this but off the top of my head, I'd say either Capricorn, Cancer or Aries (maybe this one is too obvious and overrated!).

I'd say Cap cuz they like the fame, and Cancer since they like the money and fame. Both signs are persistant and have hard shells.

Belgianmoonguy
01-01-2007, 11:32 PM
Cancer since they like the money and fame

This is no traditional astrology i guess

Anyway Mike Tyson is a Cancer Sun

Me myself also, and i do like money and fame... (but i'm a Cancer Sun in 10, so a bit of a Capricorn blend also and it's in the Leo Dwad, so that could explain much)

Tipped Scales
01-03-2007, 03:09 AM
I always wondered what sign makes the best fighter. Yes, some of you might say Aries straight away, but I've noticed that a great deal of my favorite fighters are in fact... Libra.

Just look at Evander Holyfield 4 time heavyweight boxing champion... or a whole slew of other less known but perhaps even better fighters from the mixed martial arts scene, Rich Franklin, Matt Hughes, Fedor Emelianenko, Brandon Vera all on the top of their game.

What do you guys think?
Maybe it's the cardinal masculine energy of that polarity? Since Aries represents Libra's shadow I think it could make sense.

virgo96019
01-03-2007, 11:39 AM
lol never underestimate the power of a Libra, just kidding my husband is a libra sun, taurus asc, and he can endure a lot physically, his energy is non stop, his actions are quick. He has mars in leo in the 4th, sextile to merc in the 6th...ssxtl to uranus in the 5th. He's in no way a fighter, (unless you count the scraps from back in the day) but he does have an agressive nature about him, mixed with quick actions and endurance.

Virgo

exodus
01-03-2007, 12:00 PM
I know what you mean. The iron fist in the velvet glove saying comes to mind now.

I'm a Libra sun, Libra asc myself, so alot of people under estimate me thinking that I'm just a nice guy.. which I hate actually :mad: Don't get me wrong, being a nice guy is fine but when you have a strong Scorpio stellium squaring with some unpredictable Aquarian energy, you don't like it when people immediately put you in the usual Libran conflict fearing category.

I also think it has something to do with me having sun, mercury and pluto in the 1st house, Aries. ;)

Anyways, I'm extremely competitive... I really hate to lose, can't stand it.

Summery Joy
02-01-2007, 12:28 AM
Actually, I don't think there's one or two signs that best decribe fighters. I think the signs show the style of the fighting. Some obvious stereotypes would be like this:

Aries would be agressive. Capricorn would be defensive. Scorpio would have a trick in store. Taurus would depend on physical strength. Virgo would wait to see the rival's tactic and respond accordingly. Libra would depend on team work for prepartion and instructions. etc.

lilllybelle
02-01-2007, 01:09 AM
That's right on the mark sorehearted.
I would also say that cardinal signs in general are butt kickers. Libra will tear some one up in the business field or in a court room. I've known quite a few people who had either a stelluim in libra or aires, and the libra was the more agressive of the two due to the fighting for fairness thing. A little fixed energy thrown in for stuborness helps.

Agriias
03-05-2008, 08:27 AM
Read my post on declinations, it will explain alot of things about sports.

There is no best sun sign for sports. It has to do with mars/pluto aspects primarily as opposed to sun signs and the signs in general. Example, someone could be a pisces with alot of signs in pisces and yet have some major beneficial aspects to their mars/pluto in either longitudes and declination, thus granting them alot of athletic ability and and iron will that is extremely competitive.

JACKASSS
03-22-2008, 05:53 PM
Aries. Libras are a *****.

tootsie
03-22-2008, 06:13 PM
Hi, What aspect would show for maritial art players? Seems like the indications would be a bit different than other famous fighters....just due to the nature of martial arts. :rolleyes:
________
herbal vaporizers (http://herbalvaporizers.info)

archergirl
03-23-2008, 05:16 PM
I think it matters what sort of 'fighting' we're talking about, as well. There's a world of difference between the fighting sports (boxing vs. martial arts; Greek wrestling vs. WWW wrestling) in terms of the skills necessary. And all of these differ from the fighting done outside the pub on Friday night after one too many pints of lager. I would think that for the latter type of fighting, Mars/Pluto aspects would be involved, or maybe Mars/Saturn aspects since there is an internal conflict, often, that gets manifested outward in projections toward others.

Libra makes sense for certain types of fighters, especially boxing and martial arts. Libra is an air sign, and therefore is given to cool-headed logic and rationality; important qualities when you're in the thick of it. Dwight D. Eisenhower was a Libra; he was also one of the top generals during WWII. Boxing and martial arts involve a certain amount of strategy; you can't just come out swinging without a plan behind the swinging; otherwise, you're on the mat in 3 seconds flat.

As it is, I have Mars in the 1st house, in gentle Pisces, with an exact sextile to Saturn. I had my share of barneys over the years, especially in grade school; I sure didn't like fighting, but once in it, I didn't back down. That's a classic Mars/Saturn description.

Cheers,
AG:)

tootsie
03-23-2008, 05:52 PM
Hi Archergirl, Thanks for the clarification! I have Mars in Pisces too but in my 3rd house & is not aspected to anything.
Cheers!
________
Honda XL80 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_XL80)

Alice
03-27-2008, 08:54 PM
Isn't Ricky Hatton a Libra?

I would have looked for a strong Mars presence and some fire I think.

FedorFan
03-30-2008, 03:59 AM
Judging by the results in MMA and other fighter competitions, I have to say Libra is the best sign for fighting hands down. The following are all Libra Suns.

Current #1 P4P fighter in the world -- Fedor Emelianenko
Current Middleweight Champion -- Anderson Silva
Best Welterweight to ever live -- Matt Hughes

Sun sign isn't the most important aspect, however. I see alot of planets in great fighters 7th house so in a "fair" fight, the person with the most favorable aspects to the 7th should be a great fighter.

Really if you want to get technical, I find Chinese astrology easier to judge fighters. Look at the amount of Dragons -- which is the Aries equivalent to the Western Zodiac -- in MMA.

Leone
04-07-2008, 04:39 AM
I go with Capricorns for boxing hands down. Muhammad Ali along with a bunch of other champions were born under this sign. Boxing itself is very capricornian, if you've trained at a boxing gym before you'll understand this.

Undo
04-12-2008, 09:50 AM
Actually, I don't think there's one or two signs that best decribe fighters. I think the signs show the style of the fighting. Some obvious stereotypes would be like this:

Aries would be agressive. Capricorn would be defensive. Scorpio would have a trick in store. Taurus would depend on physical strength. Virgo would wait to see the rival's tactic and respond accordingly. Libra would depend on team work for prepartion and instructions. etc.

Would Cancer sidestep then? ;)

I'd see Cancer as more defensive/instinctive than Capricorn myself.

04-15-2008, 11:23 AM
I think anything cardinal should do well, they are all very attacking in style.

As was said previously, don't underestimate libra. They are a force to reckon with if they are annoyed, no pushover.

Otherwise, for sheer stubborness and willpower, try a fixed sign and for "trickery", try mutables.

SerpeantKing
06-16-2012, 11:42 PM
People with Mars in Aries are strong and explosive and are quite willing to fight. People with Mars in Taurus make the best physical fighters because they are practical and know how to pace themselves. They always finish the fight too and can take quite a beating. Mars in Scorpio can be quite strong too, but not so much in the ring-they tend to play a lot of fear games-if you already know you're gonna fight-there's not much of a chance to play psychological games-so in the street, mars in scorpio is quite dynamic, but in the ring-not so much. Mars in Capricorn is also another powerful fighter.
Mars Conjunct the Sun will make a person a fighter naturally
Mars Conjunct pluto will make a person prone to using psychological games
Mars Opposite Pluto will guard both sides of the personality and create lots of rage
Saturn in good relationship with Mars will create a lot of discpline and restraint, when to use and when not to use.
Mars in 1st will make an arianlike character who is a fighter, 4th house mars is powerful but at a defensive position, 7th will make opponents very powerful which in turn strengthens the person, 8th house mars is hard knocks but extra stength to make it through, or 10th house is a blessed mars and the best house for it to be in.
11th house mars is also not so bad.
Mars conjunct The true node is like putting a tank of nitrous oxide into the mars. They will stop at nothing to win.

I'm suprised not enough credit is given to scorpio placements on here, they are a great fighting sign too.
Anderson Silva is not Libra, he is Aries. :smile:

tautomer
06-16-2012, 11:54 PM
Someone who has the opposite configurations that I have, ha! I am not a fighter at ALL. I hate fighting in pretty much any sport, but physical is the most. When I was younger I was put in karate in 2 separate occasions, and I quit each time we got to sparring. I felt like I was violating something deeply at my core when I was doing that, and I could NOT stand it.

I agree with what those have said about those with a lot of libra placements. I think what helps that is that libra placements are exceedingly good at dissociating from emotions when it's required. Which, you do need to do for fighting.

Southpaw
08-02-2012, 03:50 AM
Sun Sign wise it's Taurus. This of course is for sanctioned legalized fighting.

Libras and Aquas generally lack the toughness to make it and remain at the top in combat sports.

Fire signs for the most part aren't good at strategy.

theV
10-13-2012, 07:22 AM
I wish I had such strength to fight

Mars libra Cojunct IC square neptune and uranus
conjunct North node
Semxtile pluto
biquintile saturn

Assyrian_Libra
11-25-2012, 09:01 PM
Sun Sign wise it's Taurus. This of course is for sanctioned legalized fighting.

Libras and Aquas generally lack the toughness to make it and remain at the top in combat sports.

Fire signs for the most part aren't good at strategy.

Libra may look like they dont have the mean bone but never think the power of JUSTICE of LIBRAS would failed... they fight till they win the fight and libra have lot of strength to do this... when I was in middle school I used to beat people in arm wrestling, even a teacher that used to box I beat him too he was shocked how strong I was.... You have to look at Libra as King David knocking down Goliath the giant... people would be amaze by libras and people would doubt and Libras would shocked the hell out of them really good. I even beat two of my cousin ( both twins aquas) at the same time before, and you would think they can beat me, nope not a chance I got pissed off with them... this what happened I have limits too just because I can be passive but once you went over limit I will snap... I can go on and on... Don't be fool by us Libras we maybe a lover not a fighter but we are for justice!:whistling:

PS: I think the fighters are ARIES and they love to fight, too...

byjove
11-25-2012, 10:37 PM
I think you can try very hard to put a square object through a round hole if you like, but Aries has been the sign of war since the dawn of astrology for a reason. Why in the world would we then try to indicate that this is now not true, and the sign of the *detriment* of Mars is now a better fighting sign? I just can't commit to that.

I definitely agree that it goes beyond the Sun though; the Sun is not the authority for everything. Yes, the Sun in the sign of the war is a great start; but as we know, there are many ways of getting there in the end - Sun in Aries is not the only type of winner or warrior. Besides the Sun and Mars, I think the ruler of the ascendant and that of the Sun would have dominating influences in this respect. To a degree later on, the other planets then have a say; e.g. Mercury in a sign can reveal a mentality conducive to competition. If the first few indicators support good potential of a fighter, then Mercury will show how they think and whether they plan to win or perhaps it's less of a mental function.

I've Sun in Aries, Mars in Gemini and Mercury in Pisces; if I want to win, it's not with fists - I can destroy with words or with Mercury - invade the mind. I'd consider the Mercury placements of the fighters that you're a fan of, I think that would be telling, strength after all, begins in the mind, not the body.

*emma*
11-26-2012, 12:31 AM
cardinal signs are the best fighters

well they have to be they start it all leaving all others floundering

:D

byjove
11-26-2012, 12:53 PM
I've frequently come across the idea that Cancer can be very sporty and physically able, but I never read why. I know that the cardinal nature is a good start, but I don't know after that. The water nature always seemed unhelpful in that respect. (I've Cancer rising)

Assyrian_Libra
11-26-2012, 08:58 PM
You know, I be wondering what signs those people be on Jerry Springer shows (anybody from another country that dont know look it up on youtube)... LOLOLOLOL :joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::happy::happy::hap py::happy::sideways::sideways::sideways::sideways:

Nightfire
11-27-2012, 01:05 AM
I have mars trine pluto in the 1st house, Midheaven in Aries, Capricorn, Plenty of cardinal earth, also scorpio in pluto in the 5th. U can imagine the thirst for combat either sparring or constant mental prep in case of a street fight. But yeah, i love martial arts especially Bruce Lee's Jeet Kun Do. Im not in any gyms releasing my pent up energy, so u can imagine all of it building up inside of me ;)

Moog
11-27-2012, 01:08 AM
I've frequently come across the idea that Cancer can be very sporty and physically able, but I never read why. I know that the cardinal nature is a good start, but I don't know after that. The water nature always seemed unhelpful in that respect. (I've Cancer rising)

Cancer rising has a functionally benefic Mars as Yogakaraka

Muhammad Ali was sidereal Cancer rising, Mars in Aries, 10th House.

byjove
11-27-2012, 02:10 AM
Cancer rising has a functionally benefic Mars as Yogakaraka

Muhammad Ali was sidereal Cancer rising, Mars in Aries, 10th House.

Hi Moog, what does that mean, I'm not very well-versed in Vedic I'm afraid! Does that mean that Mars has special importance to a Cancer rising or it's incidental in his chart?

(My rising stays the same in siddereal, though Mars is in the 12th of Gemini)

*OK I have found some information on this. In this case, with Cancer rising, Mars is the ruler of both the auspicious 5th and 9th houses, so gains particular importance, and in the case of the fighter mentioned, this planet is placed in his 10th house, which we know to be angular, strong, powerful and oftentimes ambitious?

theV
11-27-2012, 05:24 AM
I am cancer rising in the vedic Do i have a Yogakaraka

byjove
11-27-2012, 11:11 AM
I am cancer rising in the vedic Do i have a Yogakaraka

I'm definitely no expert on this, but from my initial understanding, I believe so. It depends on what the ascendant is, and for Cancer rising, Mars rules the natural 5th and 10th houses, and any planet that gets to rule these two houses (there are other combiniations besides this one) is considered fortunate or powerful, right?

I think it's particularly relevant in the case of Ali since his Mars is in the 10th, which no doubt served him well in his career. :wink:

Moog
11-27-2012, 01:45 PM
Yes. Yogakarakas are determined by the ascendant. Everyone with a certain rising sign 'gets' one. Cancer rising has Mars, Libra has Saturn.

Here's a wee list;

Taurus - Saturn
Cancer - Mars
Leo - Mars
Libra - Saturn
Capricorn - Venus
Aquarius - Venus

A Yogakaraka is a planet that naturally links (or yokes) two auspicious houses, which forms a Rajayoga (great yoga), and tends to give beneficial results. Rajayogas can also be formed by separate planets aspecting each other and forming links between two auspicious houses.

This means that Cancer rising natives, generally speaking, may do well out of their Mars, unless their Mars is ******* up in some way (debilitated, afflicted)

One school of thought about these yogas has it that they activate only during the appropriate dasha period.

theV
11-27-2012, 07:22 PM
Yes. Yogakarakas are determined by the ascendant. Everyone with a certain rising sign 'gets' one. Cancer rising has Mars, Libra has Saturn.

Here's a wee list;

Taurus - Saturn
Cancer - Mars
Leo - Mars
Libra - Saturn
Capricorn - Venus
Aquarius - Venus

A Yogakaraka is a planet that naturally links (or yokes) two auspicious houses, which forms a Rajayoga (great yoga), and tends to give beneficial results. Rajayogas can also be formed by separate planets aspecting each other and forming links between two auspicious houses.

This means that Cancer rising natives, generally speaking, may do well out of their Mars, unless their Mars is ******* up in some way (debilitated, afflicted)

One school of thought about these yogas has it that they activate only during the appropriate dasha period.

Too bad in vedic and western too my mars is Libra the opposite of mars quality but my moon is in scorpio in vedic

*emma*
11-28-2012, 01:14 AM
looking at famous boxers alot have cardinal suns
Seconded by gemini

ThePaganSun
08-02-2014, 02:41 AM
I'm very surprised no one yet said Leo! Leos are amazing and very powerful fighters! It's the only sign ruled by the sun (the best placement) and most astrologers claim Pluto is exalted in Leo (and truly is the highest point reached ). Their symbol is also a lion and not just a lion but the near invincible Nemean Lion who could only be skinned by its own claws! They are also a fixed (immense determination and endurance) fire sign (great physical activity).

And for those of you who need real life examples, here's one that can't be beat: Ken Norton (a Leo) knocked out Muhammad Ali (a Capricorn) and broke his jaw! Plus, Leo also has many other great MMA fighters like Cain Velázquez! There's a reason why all the other signs bow to the king! ;)

Love2Know
08-02-2014, 03:50 AM
I'm very surprised no one yet said Leo! Leos are amazing and very powerful fighters! It's the only sign ruled by the sun (the best placement) and most astrologers claim Pluto is exalted in Leo (and truly is the highest point reached ). Their symbol is also a lion and not just a lion but the near invincible Nemean Lion who could only be skinned by its own claws! They are also a fixed (immense determination and endurance) fire sign (great physical activity).

And for those of you who need real life examples, here's one that can't be beat: Ken Norton (a Leo) knocked out Muhammad Ali (a Capricorn) and broke his jaw! Plus, Leo also has many other great MMA fighters like Cain Velázquez! There's a reason why all the other signs bow to the king! ;)

Leo hmm interesting.. I have sun cancer op mars cap I should be a good fighter but im a woman. I did a bit of kick boxing as a teen. I am naturally flexible and strong and never broke a bone regardless of how many things I fell down! I get fat easily though cuz I eat like a lot. I hate weights and love cardio... I heard that could be a fire influence? I think mars in scorpio would make a great sports fighter I dont get this divide between scorpio and sports. My husband was captin in a fighting sport in university he even trained with a famous mma fighter before the guy was famous and he is scorp virgo mars with a good amount of libra.

ThePaganSun
08-02-2014, 05:10 AM
[QUOTwellve2Know;565953]Leo hmm interesting.. I have sun cancer op mars cap I should be Mercury, fighter but im a. I did a bit of kick boxing as a teen. I am naturally flexible and strong and never broke a bone regardless of how many things I fell down! I get fat easily though cuz I eat like a lot. I hate weights and love cardio... I heard that could be a fire influence? I think mars in scorpio would make a great sports fighter I dont get this divide between scorpio and sports. My husband was captin in a fighting sport in university he even trained with a famous mma fighter before the guy was famous and he is scorp virgo mars with a good amount of libra.[/QUOTE]

Aw...well women can be great fighters! And you sound tough! We have many MMA fighters too and bodybuilders! You shouldn't fall into the sexist tendencies of men. *whispers* That's what they want us to think!

I have a sun in Leo, moon in Taurus, Virgo rising, Capricorn Mars, Virgo Venus, Cancer Mercury, Pisces Jupiter, and Scorpio Pluto, and Gemini Midheaven (at least I think these are accurate and I forgot the rest of my chart lol) So I usually have a pretty bad temper lol.

Well, I don't know that much about Aries or Sagittarius but although Leos rule the heart, they usually have really strong bodies and muscles (remember, they also rule the back) so they love lifting weights. Many bodybuilders are under this sign like Arnold Schwarzenegger. And although some Leos can be lazy being a fixed sign, they're also a fire sign which means they love physical activity and they rule the 5th house of sports and games! So yeah...Leos are pretty strong and tough.

Love2Know
08-04-2014, 04:25 PM
Ahh yes Arnold I forgot about him ahaha. Of course the cardio and fire sign information was totally random and I just read it on an astrologers post.

Matrix1
08-04-2014, 05:15 PM
Cancers are best fighters look at Mike Tyson he was one of the biggest badass fighters on this whole world, not just him, many other cancer fighters not just sun, also in others planets.
I'm also cancer sun and I'm training MMA, lifting weights. etc, I really think they're great fighters.

Blaze
08-04-2014, 06:48 PM
Hmm, Best fighters, eh?

Well, I don't want to brag but I'm quite the fighter. I've been boxing since the 6th grade and started taking MMA classes 3 years ago. My old trainer wanted me to go pro but that's not a long term stable career so I turned em down.

Personally, I don't think the sun sign matters much in this case. Look at how many great fighters have different sun signs.

Ken Shamrock aka The world's most Dangerous Man- Aqua-sun and one of my idols.

Bruce lee- A Sag-sun who is a legend and I think every fighter idolizes him. I know I do.

Floyd mayweather- A Pieces-sun who remains undefeated in the ring. Bit of a jerk but that's what sells tickets.

Muhammad ali- Cap-sun and one of the best boxers to ever live.

Brock lesner- Cancer-sun who had an amazing first year in the UFC. Went as far as becoming the champ, but he had to give it up thanks to health problems.

I know there is more but...That's all from the top of my head. :p

What makes me such a great fighter astrology wise is a combo of my Mars in Aries (The solider), Mercury in Gemini (The quick thinking, adaptability), 5th house Leo-moon (I love getting physical and pour my heart and soul into fighting or playing or sex) and probably some other traits that I'm too lazy atm to care about. :tongue:

Oh yea, Women can kick A@$ too. My girl, A Scorpio-sun/Mars/Asc is a 3rd degree black belt in taekwondo. She an I used to spar together and a few times...she's kicked my butt lol.

The Ram
08-05-2014, 01:17 AM
Gemini is quite good for boxers since Gemini rules the arms and hands.

Id also second the idea that aspects count more than sign placements here, namely aspects between Mars, Pluto, Jupiter and the Sun.

With Tyson I think his Scorpio ascendant, his conjunction of his Cancer sun with an exalted cancer jupiter and 8th house gemini mars are more telling factors in regards to his fighting ability than his Cancer sun.

Id also argue that fire ppl can adapt quite well, as fire ppl are known to be quite versatile. Examples would be Bj penn who was one of the first mixed martial artists to be truly great in every aspect: standup, subs and wrestling. Or Cain Velazquez a Leo sun whos the most well rounded heavyweight in mma right now. Or bruce Lee a sag sun with mars in scorpio who was the first well known person to be well rounded and train multiple martial arts styles. Many actually call Bruce the father of modern mixed martial arts.

Sebastien Cheritte
09-26-2014, 07:58 PM
wow... what an interesting idea. :whistling::biggrin:

:mercury::conjunct::uranus:

First i would like to clarify: Astrology has been an interest for some time, alongside many other faculties representing the deeper meaning of life. It's fair to express that my opinion may be pre-mature, but warrants no argument & forges no stone carvings in the name of facts. And indefinitely does not promote the unlicensed, uneducated or improper use of astrology to foresee the outcomes of any sports.

that being said...

After some thought. The most significant plot to the arena of fighters
ARE THE ANGLES

The DC influences the opponent.

The IC represents the core of the fighters abilities.

The MC represents the fighters purpose & reward.

The AC represents the appearance of the Fighter.

While the Sun on an angle can significantly increase the influence of the angle, Sun on the DC increases the potential for forceful, dominant, intimidating & ego-motivated opponents as well, high energy & courageous, the same can be said of the fighters corner (not the opponents corner,) and the referee - all from the fighters view point (native.)

Planets on the DC will cover the corner (not the opponents corner), cover the strength of the corner (through mental presence and physical presence,) including the opponent & referees' presence.

The IC can represent the fighters deepest experiences in the arena, fears, abilities, strengths, weaknesses & memory.

The MC can represent the fighters successes, failures & Ambitions in the arena.

Natal Mars: The real/raw energy of the fighter
Transiting Mars: The focus of current raw energy in the fighter
Horary Mars: Stamina & focus
Natal Aspects to Mars : The condition of real/raw energy of the fighter
Transiting Aspects to Mars: the condition of the raw energy focus

Mars Secondary Progressions : Condition of Current path of Mars (where 1st & 3rd Deconates, 0, 10th & 20th & 29th degrees respectively have high influence in aspect & on angles)

Horary Aspects to Mars: opportunities & obstacles regarding stamina in fight.

Horary benific dispositors bring rewards to planets occupying the angles during a fight, not necessarily to win, but through learning or profound strategic experience, which nourish the fighter - win or lose.

Horary maelfic dispositors bring ruin to planets occupying the angles during a fight. however, a win may still be possible, while a severe injury could be sustained, there may be disputes or foul plays. Occurrences not bringing injury or scrutiny may reveal negative impetus for the fighters' win or loss (disqualifications, illegal play uncalled), if none of these occur outrightly, we can suggest that there is noteworthy karmic value to be further studied on the fighter to reveal clues to their win/loss based on fair or unfair results.

In boxing: Mars will rule the ego, (stamina & endurance) of the fighter, alongside Saturn.

The Sun rules the ego as well, which will overall rule the performance of the fighter.
However:
The Sun in a fight is concerned with it's presence.
Mars in a fight is concerned with fighting.

Mercury rules: Fighters Motor-skills, Stance & Strategy.
Venus' limited rule: Fighters initial entrance. (directly connected to angle for significant influence)
Moons' limited rule: Emotional reactions, Instinctual Reactions (directly connected to IC for significant influence)

**The reason i use Mars to distinguish the Boxer, is because Mercury, Moon & Venus will develop more art forms, than just orthodox & southpaw standing combat styles. While Mercury may very well support the fighters logic & strategy in boxing, full potential is limited to boxing strategy, which may deplete quite significantly by round 6. Venus & Moon fail to express creativity on basic grounds, and therefore flourish in other more expressive combat arts.

There is no strong Natal placement for any fighter.

No Sun placements appropriate conviction enough to withstand the amount of training and discipline that goes into developing skills for order & battle simultaneously, and therefore renders Sun astrology a rather bleak tool to measure the essence of a fighter.

And if it's that a fight that we're squaring up for here, then let's consider a few things, in astrology & in life.

We have the Human:

The Human is the Ascendant, the way he appears & the way he views himself.

The Sun represents the Direction that the human wants to take.

The Moon represents the Feelings that the human needs to keep in check, while he navigates through various emotional experiences.

Mercury represents the way the Human thinks, and the way he exposes his thoughts with words, through writing, and other forms of communication.

Venus represents our sense of balance & harmony, particularly in line with our own wishes.

Mars represents the way we use our energy, what we use it on and how.

Now, you could have all of those planets in exalted positions making fantastic aspects with outer planets and each other, but...

... if for example this fighter (keeping to our argument) is currently having a change of heart (the SUN, the direction) then no matter what, he is not in the fight, and he more than likely is going to lose.

and we'll all wonder why, because he's been the reigning champ for X amount of time and we all love to watch him knock people out, but it looks like today he's taken a hammering due to his 'head not being in the game' -- Blame Mercury? why? because he caused 2 fouls, he swore at the ref, he moved wrong when the cut-man was fixing his eye and his eye got poked! or was it because he wasn't bobbing enough, jabbing enough... everyone will have 100 opinions, and no-one will know the truth.

the truth is that he's in the middle of a divorce, he's found a new love for the violin and decided that boxing isn't his favourite thing to do anymore so he's just zoning out.

All of this, is in the chart. no point in denying it, no point doubting it. the only thing you have to do, is IDENTIFY the protagonist in the chart.
:w00t: