06-29-2008, 11:07 AM
Hi there I got a question...
In this particular chart I am looking at ascendant is not too early. But as it is a career related issue, I look at 10th house and its casp is falls on 0 degree with 27 sec. Is it still valid to read? I suppose at least this means the issue is too early to tell. But chart itself can be read?
06-30-2008, 05:40 AM
I think it is the degree on the ascendant only that determines radicality.
What the early degree on the MC is telling you is that a new set of events is about to unfold-something in the early stages.
Its valid to read the chart as long as the other requirements for radicality are also met.
(Following extract from William Lilly)
1. See the Question be radicall, or fit to be judged; which is, when the Lord of the Ascendant and hour be of one nature or Triplicity.
2. Be not confident of the Judgment if either the 1st degrees or later of any Signe be ascending; if few degrees ascend, the matter is not yet ripe for judgment; if the later degrees arise, the matter of the Question is elapsed, and it’s probable the Querent hath been tampering with others, or despaires of any successe; however, the Heavens advise you not to meddle with it at that time.
3. The position of Saturn or Mars in the 10th, and they peregrine or unfortunate, or the South Node in that house,. the Artist hardly gets credit by that Question.
4. Judge not upon every slight motion, or without premeditation of the Querent, nor upon sight and triviall Questions, or when the Querent hath not wit to know what he would demand.
5. Have speciall regard to the strength and debility of the Moon, and it’s farre better the Lord of the Ascendant be unfortunate then she, for she brings unto us the strength and vertue of all the other Planets, and of one Planet to another.
6. Behold the condition of Saturn in every Question, he is naturally ill by his excesse of cold; Mars is of ill influence, because of his too much heat: in very truth, neither of them is cold or dry, but signifie so much in their vertue and operation, and therefore in all Questions they shew tardity and detriment in the Question, unlesse the Moon and they receive each other in the Signification.
7. See the condition of Jupiter and Venus be observed, who naturally are Fortunes and temperate, and never import any malice, unlesse by accident: where they are Significators without reception, they put forward the matter, but they best preforme the matter in question when they apply by Trine or Sextile, and to purpose when in Essentiall Dignities.
8. In every Question where Fortunes are Significators, hope well; but in Infortunes, then fear the worst, and accordingly order your businesse.
9. Generally consider the state of the Moon, for if she be void of course there’s no great hopes of the Question propounded, that it shall be effected; yet if she be in Cancer, Taurus, Sagittarius or Pisces, your fear may be lesse, for then she is not much impedited by being voyd of course.
10. See from what Planet the Moon is separated, that Planet shewes what has already been done: if from a Fortune good; if from a malevolent, ill; according to the nature of the house, &c.
11. The Application of the Moon shewes the present condition of the thing demanded, viz. her applying by a good aspect, and in a good house, to a good Planet, intimates the strong hopes of the thing intended.
12. The Application of the Moon to a Planet in his Fall, signifies anguish, trouble and delayes in the thing demanded.
13. A Retrograde Planet, or one in his first station, Significator in Question, denotes ill in the Question, discord and much contradiction.
14. We ought warily to consider if evill Planets be Significators in any thing, for if they predict evill in the thing quesited, the vengence is more heavy; if they foretell of any good, it’s lesse then what it expected, it’s imperfect, and nothing therein comes, without infinite solicitation and affliction, &c.
15. A Planet that is slow in motion, prolongs the thing quesited after, so that it’s hardly performed; the nature of the Signe wherein the Planet is, doth herein much advantage the judgment.
16. When Infortunes are Significators of any evill, doe you well consider if the Fortunes, viz. Jupiter or Venus, cast not any aspect unto them, then the evill intended formerly is lessened; doe so when the Fortunes are Significators.
17. If the Fortunes signifie any thing, and are cadent, or ill placed in Dignities, or behold not the Ascendant, or are Retrograde, then are they impedited, and shall performe little, if not received.
18. Notwithstanding Reception, if he be an Infortune, he performes but little; but if the same happen when the Fortunes are Significators, the thing is perfected.
19. A Planet Peregrine, viz. having no essentiall Dignities where he is, he is malicious beyond expression; if he be in essentiall Dignities, the lesse; for then he is like a noble soule that hath his enemy in his clutches, but scornes to hurt him.
20. And yet generalily, if Saturn or Mars be in House, Exaltation, Triplicity and Angles, and then have Signification in a Question, they performe the thing desired.
21. Confide not too much in the assistance a Fortune lends, unlesse he be in essentiall Dignities; for then he performes matters wholly, else but by halves.
22. When in a Question wherein both the Fortunes and Infortunes are either weak or equally ill placed, promise no successe upon that demand; deferre the Judgment untill the Heavens have a better Position.
23. Beware in all Judgments, when the Significator of the question is either Combust, or in Opposition to the Sun, he will then signifie nothing of the matter, no good, nor is be able to bring anything to perfection.
24. One Infortune joyned to another, if good be signified by their aspect, yet will it have no effect, or come to any thing: If they signifie evill, it’s probable that it may fall out with more malice then expected.
25. The Lord of the Ascendant out of his essentiall Dignities, Cadent, &c., shewes the Querent is out of all hopes in his businesse.
26. A Planet within 12 degrees of the Sun, is said to be under his Beames, and then hath no fortitude, let it be in what Signe it will; when a Planet is within 16 minutes of the Sun, he is said to be in Cazimi, or heat of the Sun, and then it’s an addition of fortune, and he is wonderous strong.
27. See to what Planet the Significator commits his disposition, and if Orientall or Occidentall; if it be to Saturn, Jupiter or Mars, and they Orientall, the matter is sooner performed; later, if Occidentall, doe the contrary in Venus and Mercury.
28. Observe if the Planet that is Significator of the thing desired, be in a fixed Signe, moveable or common: fixed Signes shew stability, and that the thing shall continue, whether it be begun, or is to be begun: common Signes shew the oft probability of perfecting the thing, and yet not its conclusion: moveable Signes shew a sudden resolution or conclusion of the matter one way or other. From hence we begin Foundations of Houses and Townes when Significators are fixed; short Journeys when they are in moveable: but in things wherein we define a mediocrity, we elect common Signes.
08-30-2008, 07:33 PM
Lily, you really do love horary don't you? I don't think I've seen you on any other board.
vBulletin® v3.8.2, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.